Chances of Ferrari using Massa to take out Webber

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#1 McRules

McRules

• 177 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 11:24

Hi Guys,
Just wondering strategically Alonso can clinch the WDC if he wins in Brazil with Webber out of the race. So do you think that Ferrari might look at this option. I'am a Mclaren fan and i have a competitive respect for both Ferrari and RedBull, so its nothing personnel against Ferrari. Just a thought.
I'm guessing there could be a 30% percent chance that Ferrari might have looked into this.(I hope i'am wrong as that would spoil the racing spirits)
Like to hear your views on this.

Advertisement

#2 Lights

Lights

• 17,874 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 11:26

No.

#3 primer

primer

• 6,664 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 11:28

:lol:

Webber is an incident-prone driver. Ferrari hardly need Massa's 'help' in ruining Mark's race, it is something Webber will do on his own as long as there is a car around him to crash into. Besides, to 'take out' Webber Felipe baby would have to be somewhere close to him on track; this has proved to be problematic this season.

#4 as65p

as65p

• 26,207 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 11:30

Pfft. Ferrari are professional, what you suggest is total amateurish. They're better than that.

Their plan will not only take of Webber, but also Vettel and Hamilton at the same time, after all they've got another two Ferrari engined cars to play with and turn into assault weapons.

Webber only, hilarious.

#5 DILLIGAF

DILLIGAF

• 4,459 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 11:32

Oh ffs!!! No!

#6 iotar

iotar

• 2,153 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 11:33

How about Button taking out Alonso. I wonder why you haven't thought about it? Makes sense, too.
Seriously, are you Gerhard Berger?

#7 dau

dau

• 5,373 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 11:35

What the...

#8 DILLIGAF

DILLIGAF

• 4,459 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 11:35

Seriously, are you Gerhard Berger?

:rotfl:

#9 armchair expert

armchair expert

• 1,936 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 11:36

This place is getting weirder by the day.
Massa at his home race will deliberately punt off another driver to help his team mate? You can't be serious?????

#10 Tenmantaylor

Tenmantaylor

• 18,050 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 11:38

"Felipe, Webber called your mother a whore. Please confirm you understand this message."

Edited by Tenmantaylor, 29 October 2010 - 11:38.

#11 Crafty

Crafty

• 4,151 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 11:39

All you'd need do is get Massa in front of Webber, he'll do the rest.

#12 goldenboy

goldenboy

• 8,183 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 11:40

should be a 100 post minimum to start a thread. actually no that wouldnt make a differenced anyway

#13 seahawk

seahawk

• 3,132 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 11:41

Just imagine that this happens. In Brazil Massa is good to qualify in the Top 4. Webber is good enough to make a stupid move at the start...

#14 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

• 8,012 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 11:41

Hi Guys,
Just wondering strategically Alonso can clinch the WDC if he wins in Brazil with Webber out of the race. So do you think that Ferrari might look at this option. I'am a Mclaren fan and i have a competitive respect for both Ferrari and RedBull, so its nothing personnel against Ferrari. Just a thought.
I'm guessing there could be a 30% percent chance that Ferrari might have looked into this.(I hope i'am wrong as that would spoil the racing spirits)
Like to hear your views on this.

If Ferrari used Massa to take Webber out, they'd all be expelled from the sport. Deliberately crashing into a wall to fix a race is one thing. Deliberately crashing into another driver to fix an entire championship is another thing entirely. If Ferrari did it, there would be no rest from every other team or most fans outside the tifiosi (and probably a good portion of them, too) until such time as they were brought into account for their actions. Alonso, Massa, Domenicalli, di Montezemolo and practically every other person who wields power at Ferrari would most likely be banned for life.

#15 FA and RK fan

FA and RK fan

• 255 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 11:46

If Ferrari used Massa to take Webber out, they'd all be expelled from the sport. Deliberately crashing into a wall to fix a race is one thing. Deliberately crashing into another driver to fix an entire championship is another thing entirely. If Ferrari did it, there would be no rest from every other team or most fans outside the tifiosi (and probably a good portion of them, too) until such time as they were brought into account for their actions. Alonso, Massa, Domenicalli, di Montezemolo and practically every other person who wields power at Ferrari would most likely be banned for life.

I completely agree.

But Massa could do a Fisico (Brasil 2006) on Weber. I am just kidding.

#16 rhukkas

rhukkas

• 2,764 posts

I can't see a team telling another driver to crash into another driver, or even a wall to benefit a driver like Alonso, just wouldn't happen............oh.... sorry.... it did happen :(

#17 Boing 2

Boing 2

• 4,770 posts

i wonder if Red bull can lean on Renault to try and get kubica in front of Alonso?

#18 smitten

smitten

• 4,982 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 11:47

Whilst I would agree that is what should happen, precedent says otherwise  ;)

Personally, I would rather believe that the drivers want to win on merits and not through underhand tactics. I acknowledge this has not always been the case, but I'd prefer to give people the benefit of the doubt. Massa may be a team player and let Alonso through on instructions, but I can't see him doing anything so dangerous and illegal.

#19 fisssssi

fisssssi

• 1,309 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 11:48

I'll answer the original question:

0% percent chance.

Next thread please!

Advertisement

#20 KateLM

KateLM

• 2,342 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 11:48

"Felipe, Webber called your mother a whore. Please confirm you understand this message."

But seriously, no. Ferrari would never ask him to do that and even if they did, I don't think there is any chance that Massa would.

#21 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 11:49

Massa take out Webber? I'm a Mclaren fan

Nothing more to be said I guess :lol:

#22 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 11:50

:rotfl: Post of the MONTH!! :clap:

#23 wingwalker

wingwalker

• 7,238 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 11:51

So wrong. So funny.

#24 kosmos

kosmos

• 11,875 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 11:55

The Italian mafia will kidnap Webber and Vettel and Alonso will win the title next week, that's a better sci-fi story if you ask me.

#25 Mr2s

Mr2s

• 794 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 11:56

I can't see a team telling another driver to crash into another driver, or even a wall to benefit a driver like Alonso, just wouldn't happen............oh.... sorry.... it did happen :(

Taking people out was the way you became an all time great sadly. :cry: It seems 'drivers like Alonso' will be left to do it the hard way.

Now that nearly all of schumacher's old boys have been banned, I cant see it happening at any other team bar Mercedes.

#26 Alx09

Alx09

• 1,283 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 12:00

:clap: :clap: :rotfl:

#27 Mr2s

Mr2s

• 794 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 12:01

Next thread please!

Here's a few of many possibilities:

Will Ferrari modify the fuel rig to improve Alonso's pitstops?

Will Ferrari shave down the plank to help lower Alonso's ride height?

Next Year:

Will Alonso ask Ferrari to buy the top 11 staff from Red Bull?

#28 ivanalesi

ivanalesi

• 1,793 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 12:02

Massa didn't attempt such a thing for Schumacher, so what's the chance of Felipe agreeing to take out Webber to help Alonso? Extremely below zero.
In 2006, I thought Felipe would back up the field, so that Michael can easily climb to P1 and then back up Alonso, so that he's overtaken by others. In fact Felipe did something similar against his championship rivals in Formula Renault Italia, but he didn't do it in 2006, so he won't ever do it.

#29 Mr2s

Mr2s

• 794 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 12:03

But seriously, no. Ferrari would never ask him to do that and even if they did, I don't think there is any chance that Massa would.

He might do, if he wanted to be awarded driver safety spokesperson ;)

Edited by Mr2s, 29 October 2010 - 12:04.

#30 UFO1

UFO1

• 12 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 12:06

Better option would be to PARK it in front of Mark's flaying lap in Q1 or 2, he could ask MSC how its done! :)

#31 flyer121

flyer121

• 4,570 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 12:08

Massa was strangely wide of f the line and then straightlined the first corner across the track @ Suzuka , so I wouldn't call this so far fetched.

besides, they can use Massa as the engine train to back the field up by running him on hard tyres.

#32 KateLM

KateLM

• 2,342 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 12:13

He might do, if he wanted to be awarded driver safety spokesperson ;)

:confused:

#33 velgajski1

velgajski1

• 3,766 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 12:21

Don't be silly, we all know that Santander doesn't have the influence ($$$$$$$$$$$) to make one driver deliberately crash so Alonso would win... oh wait, lol

Edited by velgajski1, 29 October 2010 - 12:23.

#34 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

• 8,012 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 12:26

Whilst I would agree that is what should happen, precedent says otherwise ;)

Common decency would demand it. There is no excuse for jeopardising another driver's life like that. And I think that if it could be proven, a lot of fans would be very noisy about it. Only the die-hard Ferrari fans would be okay with it, because of the ends-justify-the-means approach the team has developed.

#35 flyer121

flyer121

• 4,570 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 12:26

Hope, his first instinct is not to headbutt Webber .. like a certain Zidane ;)

#36 FredrikB

FredrikB

• 1,173 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 12:27

:confused:

This and this
Maybe...

EDIT: Google is your friend. Search for: michael schumacher road safety

Edited by FredrikB, 29 October 2010 - 12:29.

#37 KateLM

KateLM

• 2,342 posts

Don't be silly, we all know that Santander doesn't have the influence ($$$$$$$$$$$) to make one driver deliberately crash so Alonso would win... oh wait, lol

Are you referring to the time when an ING-sponsored car crashed to help another ING-sponsored car win the race? Wow, I didn't know Santander were so committed to giving a helping hand in getting a rival company some more exposure!

Different team, different management. And Ferrari would no way ask Massa to endanger both himself and Webber, especially after what he went through last year.

#38 gaston_foix

gaston_foix

• 2,678 posts

The thread is :rotfl:

#39 Hacklerf

Hacklerf

• 2,341 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 12:29

0 chance

Advertisement

#40 D.M.N.

D.M.N.
  • RC Forum Host

• 7,491 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 12:31

Reading this, and I'm reminded of the Webber/Alonso 2003 crash:

#41 Dunder

Dunder

• 6,784 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 12:33

It won't happen, for several reasons:

1) Massa would not do it.
2) Ferrari would not want risk exclusion from the championship
3) The Piquet Jr./Renault and Alonso/McLaren episodes show that a 'whistle blowing' driver has too much leverage in case of the relationship with the team becoming strained.

#42 Watkins74

Watkins74

• 6,090 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 12:38

Well that has already happened. I guess you are to young to remember Suzuka 1990.

Not only was the driver who intentionally t-boned his WDC competitor not penalized, they made a movie about him and he is admired the world over.

BTW = The guy was driving a McLaren.

#43 Dunder

Dunder

• 6,784 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 12:44

Well that has already happened. I guess you are to young to remember Suzuka 1990.

Not only was the driver who intentionally t-boned his WDC competitor not penalized, they made a movie about him and he is admired the world over.

BTW = The guy was driving a McLaren.

I must have missed Berger (Senna's teammate) crashing into Prost! Isn't that the premise of this thread?

#44 HappySachs

HappySachs

• 125 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 12:49

The hard bit in such a plan would be getting close enough to a Red Bull without it crashing into you

#45 McRules

McRules

• 177 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 12:49

In response to iotar

Button taking out alonso makes no sense as Mclaren at the moment only have a third fastest car, so even if Button takes Alonso, redbull cars will trounce McLaren.
As i said, i do have great respect for both Ferrari and Redbull. Just a thought of mine thats it.

Edited by McRules, 29 October 2010 - 12:50.

#46 McRules

McRules

• 177 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 12:57

Also in the recent past Ferrari seem to hell bent on making Alonso feel important, even after the Korean GP Stephano was on the radio to Alonso saying "You and the team did a good job" which sounded like ferrari trying hard to please alonso than a plain congradulations. Make no mistake Alonso did drive well but Ferrari just seems to be trying too much for Alonso.
Even though Luca has often said that the team is more important than the driver it looks like in the past the driver is more important than the tem.

#47 zarooch

zarooch

• 600 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 13:03

lets wait and see, anything can happen this is formula 1 after all :smoking:

#48 DILLIGAF

DILLIGAF

• 4,459 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 13:21

Also in the recent past Ferrari seem to hell bent on making Alonso feel important, even after the Korean GP Stephano was on the radio to Alonso saying "You and the team did a good job" which sounded like ferrari trying hard to please alonso than a plain congradulations. Make no mistake Alonso did drive well but Ferrari just seems to be trying too much for Alonso.
Even though Luca has often said that the team is more important than the driver it looks like in the past the driver is more important than the tem.

Maybe Stephano said that to Alonso because he & the team did do a good job!! :rolleyes: What else would he say? "Crap drive Fred but you won"

#49 AvantiFer

AvantiFer

• 109 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 13:22

No. But Ferrari could tell Massa that if there is overtaking action between Massa and Webber, to not take it easy, to not concede and we know Webber won't concede either, so it makes it a very high percentage of possible DNF for any or both of them.

#50 AvantiFer

AvantiFer

• 109 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 13:23

You're looking a bit too much into things!