Photo

F1 2010 v2.0 -the post-patch thread

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Villes Gilleneuve

Villes Gilleneuve

• 2,248 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 14:18

The Codemaster's patch for F12010 is neigh...Already out in Europe and Japan.

Early forum traffic says they fixed the AI pitstop, corrupt save, pitstop release, puncture issues.

Let's hear your thoughts, experiences, dreams, desires...

Advertisement

#2 SRi130Brett

SRi130Brett

• 341 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 17:12

Correct, havent had any punctures, release seems ok and havent had any cars not pit.

Other drivers clear out of the way in Practice and Qualy which was the aspect that most runined the game for me.

Can run with Fuel Useage on and be comeptative relative to the cars around me, never used to be. I would start of slower and end up faster.

Same key issue remains for me and that is its too bloody easy, the AI is far to slow in some bends whereby you actually have to make an efforrt not to run into them. I can get pole and win at everytrack irrelevant of car in legend mode. OK I run with assists on and use auto gears but still... never had this in any other racing games.

For me, the whole game really is a massive dissapointment even if the patch goes a long way to fixing the major issues. If only it was a bit bloody harder so I could have a challenge.

Edited by SRi130Brett, 01 November 2010 - 17:13.

#3 Menace

Menace

• 12,799 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 17:20

Correct, havent had any punctures, release seems ok and havent had any cars not pit.

Other drivers clear out of the way in Practice and Qualy which was the aspect that most runined the game for me.

Can run with Fuel Useage on and be comeptative relative to the cars around me, never used to be. I would start of slower and end up faster.

Same key issue remains for me and that is its too bloody easy, the AI is far to slow in some bends whereby you actually have to make an efforrt not to run into them. I can get pole and win at everytrack irrelevant of car in legend mode. OK I run with assists on and use auto gears but still... never had this in any other racing games.

For me, the whole game really is a massive dissapointment even if the patch goes a long way to fixing the major issues. If only it was a bit bloody harder so I could have a challenge.

Heres a clue!

Turn off the assists! :p Your post made me chuckle, although I do agree that the AI is way too slow in some fast bends.

#4 SRi130Brett

SRi130Brett

• 341 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 19:24

Heres a clue!

Turn off the assists! :p Your post made me chuckle, although I do agree that the AI is way too slow in some fast bends.

LOL yeah I see why! I should have been clearer, Im not assisted to the max.

But when I say assists on I mean ABS on, Full TC and Auto gears. Everything else is normal, fuel, tyres, damage etc. Thats pretty much the way I configure all racing games and none of them are to easy, I never have had this problem before and I have had hundered of games including almost every Playstation F1 game made. On that basis, I can be very much certain that there is a problem specifically with this game and not with me.

#5 karlth

karlth

• 16,290 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 20:56

But when I say assists on I mean ABS on, Full TC and Auto gears. Everything else is normal, fuel, tyres, damage etc. Thats pretty much the way I configure all racing games and none of them are to easy, I never have had this problem before and I have had hundered of games including almost every Playstation F1 game made. On that basis, I can be very much certain that there is a problem specifically with this game and not with me.

That is sort of like configuring a FPS game to auto-aim and then complain it is too easy. :)

Start by turning off the ABS and TC. The automatic shifting is not a major issue.

#6 Lights

Lights

• 17,874 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 21:10

Full traction control and auto gears make it easier, but slower as well. You're faster with TC off, or at least low, and manual gearing. ABS, not sure.

All in all, when you're used to it, the game will unfortunately still be too easy. Don't immediatly want to ruin this thread though, it should be about the improvements.

I'll shut up, just wanted to share the above. :)

Edited by Lights, 01 November 2010 - 21:10.

#7 Dunder

Dunder

• 6,784 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 22:38

I have to say that I am the complete opposite. I have always tended to switch all of the aids off and suffer for hours on end until I get to grips with it.

I will install the patch on Wednesday when I should have some spare time and see what's what.

#8 Mat

Mat

• 7,683 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 23:01

Same here Dunder! Thats always my approach. It should also be faster :)

#9 Exar Kun

Exar Kun

• 1,177 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 02:51

If you have a wheel and pedals then no aids should be a given. It will always be more rewarding and fun without them and most games take very little time to get accustomed to. However, with a pad I'd happily play with aids on - if i'm playing with a pad then it's obviously not something I take too seriously and don't really care about the immersion.

#10 grunge

grunge

• 5,393 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 12:45

About the aids thing,i dont think its even possible to play with TC off if your using a PS3 or Xbox pad...specially the Xbox pad..the input is binary and you'll simply spin off every time at the exit.

A wheel makes this game much easier...even when all aids off ,u can post times around 2 sec faster than those on pads..

Agree with the game being useless with the current A1.im not too sure why they didnt toughen it up with the patch..couldve introduced a ''super legend'' level or something which would accomodate players wanting more of a challenge..the levels below could remain the same so that the game still attracts its arcade following.

#11 SRi130Brett

SRi130Brett

• 341 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 12:57

Full traction control and auto gears make it easier, but slower as well. You're faster with TC off, or at least low, and manual gearing. ABS, not sure.

All in all, when you're used to it, the game will unfortunately still be too easy. Don't immediatly want to ruin this thread though, it should be about the improvements.

I'll shut up, just wanted to share the above. :)

Easier said than done I am afraid, I dont have a wheel to use anymore and just use a pad. Without TC, its nigh on impossible to accelerate out of a hairpin without spinning. ABS I have similar problems with locking up, the brakes are very much on or off.

Regardless, I have never had these problems running with basic aids on in any other game and their is no simple justification for this one being like that. If I turned the aids off I wouldnt expect to suddenly be two and a half seconds a lap slower. In the First 3 races I have done the AI all lack a serious speed in some turns at every track. In Bahrain its pretty much all round, I notice it particularly at the turn at the end of the second straight, just before the new section. In Aus the little kink they are so slow I actually slowed down to their pace to see what it was like. In Malaysia there is a sequence of 4-5 corners where the AI are ridiculously slow. At China it will be the last banked bend before the straight.

Ive never seen AI like this on any other game, where they are just to slow on parts of the track. Its piss poor really, you cant have any good battles with AI.

#12 onemoresolo

onemoresolo

• 948 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 15:30

About the aids thing,i dont think its even possible to play with TC off if your using a PS3 or Xbox pad...specially the Xbox pad..the input is binary and you'll simply spin off every time at the exit.

The Xbox 360 trigger buttons are analogue, I've never had a problem using them with TC off. More tricky than using pedals but once you've got the hang of it they're fine.

#13 Villes Gilleneuve

Villes Gilleneuve

• 2,248 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 17:30

Easier said than done I am afraid, I dont have a wheel to use anymore and just use a pad. Without TC, its nigh on impossible to accelerate out of a hairpin without spinning. ABS I have similar problems with locking up, the brakes are very much on or off.

Regardless, I have never had these problems running with basic aids on in any other game and their is no simple justification for this one being like that. If I turned the aids off I wouldnt expect to suddenly be two and a half seconds a lap slower. In the First 3 races I have done the AI all lack a serious speed in some turns at every track. In Bahrain its pretty much all round, I notice it particularly at the turn at the end of the second straight, just before the new section. In Aus the little kink they are so slow I actually slowed down to their pace to see what it was like. In Malaysia there is a sequence of 4-5 corners where the AI are ridiculously slow. At China it will be the last banked bend before the straight.

you need one of these:

Posted Image

#14 Villes Gilleneuve

Villes Gilleneuve

• 2,248 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 17:32

Ive never seen AI like this on any other game, where they are just to slow on parts of the track. Its piss poor really, you cant have any good battles with AI.

Anti-lock off is drivable, and faster. If you pump upon slowing, you out-brake AI every time.

The AI lift-off when you get behind them, it's hard to avoid Petroving them. The Massa effect, ridiculous.

#15 Lights

Lights

• 17,874 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 23:17

Sorry, didn't estimate you were using a pad. I can understand you'd want TC and gearing with that.

And yes, too bad the AI is like that. Haven't Codemasters improved it with the patch though?

#16 SRi130Brett

SRi130Brett

• 341 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 12:04

Sorry, didn't estimate you were using a pad. I can understand you'd want TC and gearing with that.

And yes, too bad the AI is like that. Haven't Codemasters improved it with the patch though?

AI hasnt been touched.

I tell every person on here, put it in legend and follow an AI car though turns 11 and 12 in Australia. Actually slow down and drive it at the same pace as them.

Same though turns 6/7/8 at Speang.

Its insane I dont know how they got away with it or didnt notice it.

Edited by SRi130Brett, 03 November 2010 - 12:05.

#17 pRy

pRy

• 26,223 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 12:30

Yeah it's the same with the fast set of left hand corners at Turkey. There are certain corners at most tracks that you as a player can take flat or very nearly flat where as the AI slow down. Feels like cheating when you come up behind an AI car in that type of section and fly past them.

#18 Villes Gilleneuve

Villes Gilleneuve

• 2,248 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 18:19

Well, North America has the patch.

Fixed: pitstops and punctures, some AI behavior in practice.

I immediately tried Catalunya, because the AI was too fast there in the original version.

They have addressed the AI speed issues, but this may just be the fuel load bug getting fixed.

They fixed the ghost cars issue, and blocking penalty on pit road/ghost cars.

@30% race, I noticed AI making mistakes, Schumacher went off, Hamilton spun on the last lap. I had never seen this before.

So, it's better...BUT, they still have the AI slowing issues, they still have the stupid penalty zones at Monza, Monaco and greasy curbs. Same problems with weather, but that may just be proof of global warming.

Still shite framerates. still can't disable ghosts, still no slipstreaming.

On the CM forums, many are complaining of new issues caused by the patch:

[PC]

• Some users are reporting that water effects (reflections/puddles) are no longer visible on the track, and tracks fail to rubber in over a race distance.

• Some users have experienced problems with the cameras in replays after a time trial. The cameras show through the track/environment.

[PS3 & PC](Change to All if confirmed with 360 Patch)

•Ai still have slow performance around certain corners

• At Monaco AI drivers exiting the pitlane cut across onto the racing line before turn 1 rather than following the pit exit inside turn 1, causing accidents.

• Framerate stutters/drops are being reported at several tracks, Monaco in particular in the third sector.

• Some users are reporting issues with Force Feedback being very low/non existent after patch, various different wheels.

• After the AI have slowed to let you pass during practice and qualifying they immediately try to overtake you again.

• The AI yield to let you past during practice and qualifying even if they themselves are on a fast lap.

•All cars can pass across the pit exit line without penalties

•Options and Inters swapped around appearance

•Results doesn't reflect actual race placement

Edited by Villes Gilleneuve, 03 November 2010 - 18:33.

#19 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 10,082 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 10:06

Regarding the Force Feedback... I've only just got a wheel so hadn't felt it pre-patch, but I notice it's a lot lighter than other games I've been playing like DIRT 2... but surely that's down to the different cars, in which case it feels really good to me!?!

I've got a Logitech Driving Force GT, and I've racked the feedback perimeters right up to 100% (wheel weight etc.)..

Still a second slower at Abu Dhabi with the wheel than with pad, but I've never had a wheel before and I don't drive (I know it's a crime to be a racing fan but not drive...), so have no real-world reference!!

Advertisement

#20 klyster

klyster

• 5,738 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 07:44

For me, issues so far on PC:

Puddles missing from track, but present and reflecting in the runoff areas. It's weird seeing water get thrown up from nothing..
The raindrops have taken a visual hit, and there are dark spots on the track at regular intervals.
AA seems less effective, getting a higher frame rate though, by a large margin.
FF is noticeably weaker now, G27.

I now have a benchmarking mode which is cool, and extra post processing features, but the graphics issues are pretty naff.

I must say though, I'm still enjoying myself ;) I just need to get better.........

#21 karlth

karlth

• 16,290 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 09:18

Improvements in Force Feedback?

That was caused me to stop playing the game, hopefully they've made it better?

#22 Dunder

Dunder

• 6,784 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 03:05

Improvements in Force Feedback?

That was caused me to stop playing the game, hopefully they've made it better?

There is definitely a change but I wouldn't say it is better or worse just different.
There is still no warning that you are about to break traction but vibration in the wheel starts a touch earlier if you are close to locking up (which I can generally hear anyway)

#23 Villes Gilleneuve

Villes Gilleneuve

• 2,248 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 16:16

Grrr..

At Monaco in career mode, I'm now 5 seconds off the pace in practice, 2 seconds in Qualy.

but, in time trail mode, I'm into the 1:16's.

Turns out they changed the default fuel load to ten laps in practice, 5 laps in qualifying with the patch. That's too much for qualy. You get much better pace in the race.

Figuring out how to change this took forever. Would it kill CM to produce some decent instructions for their awful interface?

#24 Villes Gilleneuve

Villes Gilleneuve

• 2,248 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 16:23

change lists, PS3:

• "Pit-in" OSD indicator now appears after the player is advised to pit to repair car damage

• A number of shadowing improvements have been added

• Amended the time trial penalty system so that only players cutting the final corner on certain tracks will have their subsequent lap times invalidated

• Balanced the effects of the drying line created by cars when in a wet race

• Balancing improvements have been made to AI drivers to prevent unexpected race results

• Corrected an issue AI cars would not attempt to move out of the player's way when under a blue flag on an in / out lap during practice and qualifying session

• Corrected an issue where ABS would become enabled when selecting to "drive out" out of the pit lane in a race weekend

• Corrected an issue where AI cars would fail to respond appropriately when cars were either side of them in a corner

• Corrected an issue where AI cars would not be required to pit in a mandatory pit race after the use of a flashback

• Corrected an issue where AI times were being reported incorrectly on the first lap

• Corrected an issue where AI were being disqualified during wet races in Montreal

• Corrected an issue where car driving style was defaulting to "Wet" in network sessions

• Corrected an issue where damage to AI cars was being inconsistently applied

• Corrected an issue where disqualified AI cars would cause network races to end prematurely

• Corrected an issue where disqualified drivers were displayed in the incorrect order in the online race results screen

• Corrected an issue where flashback would become disabled after resetting to track

• Corrected an issue where incorrect race positions were reported in a network race after terminal damage had occurred

• Corrected an issue where lap and split times would be displayed incorrectly after flashing back to before the start/finish line

• Corrected an issue where pit engineer would fail to remind you to pit on mandatory pit stop races

• Improvements have been made to the pitting process to prevent the player getting stuck.

• Corrected an issue where positions of AI cars in a network race would be incorrectly displayed after a player quit the session

• Corrected an issue where punctured tyres would be carried across to subsequent sessions in a race weekend

• Corrected an issue where race strategy would fail to update correctly after the player manually selected a different starting tyre choice

• Corrected an issue where research path choice was not being carried over to subsequent season

• Corrected an issue where save data is reported corrupted

• Corrected an issue where sessions in progress would appear on the server list after quitting a network session

• Corrected an issue where some AI cars using a single-stop strategy would not pit during a mandatory pit stop race

• Corrected an issue where the dynamic racing line would not display correctly if the grip conditions changed

• Corrected an issue where the incorrect car name could be displayed above cars in the Grand Prix menu after completing a Time Trial race

• Corrected an issue where the player is told to copy their team mate's car setup

• Corrected an issue where the player was able to pass through other cars after restarting a session

• Corrected an issue where yellow flags would continue to be displayed for cars that had been removed from the race in network sessions

• Corrected an issue where user would be penalised for overtaking pitted AI cars when under yellow flag

• Made penalties less likely to be awarded after spinning out on the track

• OSD now displays time gap between cars on the sector and lap split times

• Reduced the frequency of penalty warnings given for minor collisions

• Reduced the frequency of punctures received from standard tyre wear

• Sector times for the car on pole position is now shown in the split times on the OSD

• Tuned the grip properties of the tyre compounds in different weather conditions

• A number of localisation issues have been resolved.

• Added additional Force Feedback data for supported devices

• Added support for Fanatec steering wheels

• Added support for Thrustmaster steering wheels

• Corrected an issue where force feedback would remain applied when restarting a session with full wheel lock used

• Progress data for some of the trophies will no longer be lost when exiting a race in-between sessions and re-launching the title

Other platforms here