Photo

Race results 1973 UK Club & UK Championship

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 cameron

cameron

• 55 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 12:02

Wanted for my own records. I raced in these classes in 1973 but have ,due to rehousing from Holland to UK had items stolen, damaged & lost including my trophies. need race results from 1st to 10th places. Also has anybody got any photos &/or film taken at these events that i may copy or buy from the photographer. Can send only photo i have to help with ID of photos. MANY THANKS CAMERON

Advertisement

#2 Russell Burrows

Russell Burrows

• 6,529 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 12:32

Wanted for my own records. I raced in these classes in 1973 but have ,due to rehousing from Holland to UK had items stolen, damaged & lost including my trophies. need race results from 1st to 10th places. Also has anybody got any photos &/or film taken at these events that i may copy or buy from the photographer. Can send only photo i have to help with ID of photos. MANY THANKS CAMERON

Ah yes, results and allied info sent to every rider - one of the many brilliant things about UK racing, hope they still do it? Can't help Cameron I'm afraid, but hope someone out there can.

#3 ravenous25

ravenous25

• 243 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 11:57

what's the full name?

#4 cameron

cameron

• 55 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 08:12

what's the full name?

My name is IAN DC SHEPHARD, RACED A KREIDLER.

#5 Herr Wankel

Herr Wankel

• 941 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 08:43

My name is IAN DC SHEPHARD, RACED A KREIDLER.

Ian,I'm sure that I remember you from Darley or Snett from around that time,but a combination of marital strife,house moves,and old age mean that i have lost all my memorabila from that era (including all my 'tacky' Darley trophies.Sorry
HW

#6 cameron

cameron

• 55 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 09:28

Ian,I'm sure that I remember you from Darley or Snett from around that time,but a combination of marital strife,house moves,and old age mean that i have lost all my memorabila from that era (including all my 'tacky' Darley trophies.Sorry
HW

hi HW, sounds like much the same we2, i did also race for racing 50 club & useto go to elvington with AUTO66 CLUB,had fun that year did you ride in the 50cc?heres a pic the only 1 ive got of old kreidler. email: dcian@fastemail.us

#7 Arthur

Arthur

• 170 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 16:42

hi HW, sounds like much the same we2, i did also race for racing 50 club & useto go to elvington with AUTO66 CLUB,had fun that year did you ride in the 50cc?heres a pic the only 1 ive got of old kreidler. email: dcian@fastemail.us

I got copies of the ACU official British championship 50cc results for 1969 & 1970 but I guess they were a bit before your need. The Emborcorum Club used to also run at Elvington where in 1972 the overall club championship,all classes combined was the original 1935 Dutch TT trophy won by Graham Walker and presented to the club by his wife.I was fortunate enough to win it on the Agrati Garelli and it was presented to me by John Cooper in Terry's Place York.
I was also the Racing 50 club you mention champion in 1970 on a cr110 Honda. Memories memories

#8 cameron

cameron

• 55 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 08:58

I got copies of the ACU official British championship 50cc results for 1969 & 1970 but I guess they were a bit before your need. The Emborcorum Club used to also run at Elvington where in 1972 the overall club championship,all classes combined was the original 1935 Dutch TT trophy won by Graham Walker and presented to the club by his wife.I was fortunate enough to win it on the Agrati Garelli and it was presented to me by John Cooper in Terry's Place York.
I was also the Racing 50 club you mention champion in 1970 on a cr110 Honda. Memories memories

hi arther, sounds like you had fun, yes i raced at elvington as well a good place, but a couple of years too early as i was racing here in 1973 only before going to holland, but thanks for your input. cameron

#9 subh

subh

• 1,191 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 17:42

I may not be much help with this, but I can add some of the British Championship winners, and later I can add some of the non-championship race winners (if that is helpful):

1973 ACU British Championship title winners:
ACU Solo (750cc) - Dave Croxford, Norton
ACU Star 250cc - Tony Rutter, Yamaha
ACU Star 125cc - Austin Hockley, Yamaha
ACU Sidecar - Gerry Boret & Nick Boret, Konig

1973 MCN Superbike - Barry Sheene, Suzuki
1973 BP Bill Ivy Silver Helmet Championship - Barry Sheene

#10 cameron

cameron

• 55 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 14:34

I may not be much help with this, but I can add some of the British Championship winners, and later I can add some of the non-championship race winners (if that is helpful):

1973 ACU British Championship title winners:
ACU Solo (750cc) - Dave Croxford, Norton
ACU Star 250cc - Tony Rutter, Yamaha
ACU Star 125cc - Austin Hockley, Yamaha
ACU Sidecar - Gerry Boret & Nick Boret, Konig

1973 MCN Superbike - Barry Sheene, Suzuki
1973 BP Bill Ivy Silver Helmet Championship - Barry Sheene

there was a new 50cc british championship started again in 1973 but not called ACUstar! the rounds for this ran with most race clubs that had 50cc races, but i never found out the end results! but if you do have ANY results from 1st to 10th places from these clubs (the only 1s that had 50cc races) 50cc raceing club, darley moore mcc, auto 66 club, eboracum mccrc, these last 2 were held in elvington useing different track layouts. also ANY photos from these races. also wanted any of the club`s metal pin badges will buy all. cameron

#11 subh

subh

• 1,191 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 16:15

I've found a bit more data on this - some of the final championship positions:

ACU Solo (750cc)
1st Dave Croxford
2nd Barry Ditchburn
3rd Roy Hanks
7th Rod Scivyer
8th John Newbold

ACU Star 250cc
1st Tony Rutter
2nd Rod Scivyer
5th John Newbold
7th Adrian Godden

ACU Star 125cc
1st Austin Hockley

ACU Sidecar
1st Gerry Boret & Nick Boret

BP Bill Ivy Silver Helmet Trophy/Series
1st Barry Sheene
1st= Paul Smart
1st= Stanley Woods

MCN Superbike
1st Barry Sheene
3rd Paul Smart
4th Stanley Woods
5th Percy Tait

BMCRC Production championship
1st Wayne Dinham

Southern 67 Sidecar championship
1st Derek Jones

#12 dixie

dixie

• 65 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 09:38

I've found a bit more data on this - some of the final championship positions:

ACU Solo (750cc)
1st Dave Croxford
2nd Barry Ditchburn
3rd Roy Hanks
7th Rod Scivyer
8th John Newbold

ACU Star 250cc
1st Tony Rutter
2nd Rod Scivyer
5th John Newbold
7th Adrian Godden

ACU Star 125cc
1st Austin Hockley

ACU Sidecar
1st Gerry Boret & Nick Boret

BP Bill Ivy Silver Helmet Trophy/Series
1st Barry Sheene
1st= Paul Smart
1st= Stanley Woods

MCN Superbike
1st Barry Sheene
3rd Paul Smart
4th Stanley Woods
5th Percy Tait

BMCRC Production championship
1st Wayne Dinham

Southern 67 Sidecar championship
1st Derek Jones

I can add myself as the BMCRC 125 cc Champion for 1973 and Steve Parrish as 250cc Champion and I believe I'm right in thinking that the 350cc champion was Leon Lerago and the 500cc Dave Street.

Edited by dixie, 16 July 2011 - 09:39.