Photo

Willi Oppliger

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 shopteach

shopteach

• 2 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 12:52

I hope this is in the correct forum. I am looking for a former employer (friend) Willi Oppliger. I worked for him in SCCA Pro Super Vee. Later he was in Toyota Atlantic. Any contact info is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Matt Peters
petersm@salem.k12.oh.us

Advertisement

#2 Tim Murray

Tim Murray

• 24,592 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 22:45

He's mentioned briefly here in a thread in the Nostalgia Forum:

Little addition to old PC7 story...
From 81 Phoenix program:
The Orange County based Psachie/Garza Racing team will have an all-rookie entry at PIR this weekend. Josele Garza of Mexico City and Geoffry Brabham of Australia will be making their debuts in Indy-type cars in the Kraco 150, as will car owner David Psachie an aircraft broker in Santa Ana ,California.Psachie is serious about his first venture in the CART championship series. He has purchased two PC9`s driven by Mario Andretti and Rick Mears for Roger Penske at Indy in 1980, and he has a pair of PC7`s as backup cars... The team has a definite international look.The drivers represent Australia and Mexico. The chief mech Willie Oppliger is Swiss,one crew chief Rouem Haffenden is English and another Mark Freeman is from New Zealand.Engineer Frantz Weis is German.
By entry list Brabham`s #54 PC7 was sponsored by Kraco Car Stereo and Garza`s #55 PC7 car name was Banco Mercantil De Monterey/SA Martin Jet Sales

You might get a better response if you reposted your question in either the Racing Comments forum or the Nostalgia Forum (or both) - this one is really just for buying and selling things. :)

#3 shopteach

shopteach

• 2 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 13:09

He's mentioned briefly here in a thread in the Nostalgia Forum:

You might get a better response if you reposted your question in either the Racing Comments forum or the Nostalgia Forum (or both) - this one is really just for buying and selling things. :)

I found him, Thanks for looking for me!