Photo

Is Webber doing a 'Alonso2007' to RBR?

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

Poll: Is Webber doing a 'Alonso2007'@RBR (128 member(s) have cast votes)

Is Webber doing a 'Alonso2007'@RBR?

1. Yes, he's over-doing it & RBR may take offence! (27 votes [21.09%])

Percentage of vote: 21.09%

2. Yes, he's out-of-line & will get fired! (12 votes [9.38%])

Percentage of vote: 9.38%

3. No, he's doing just fine & RBR won't take offence (38 votes [29.69%])

Percentage of vote: 29.69%

4. No, MW/Vettel as a team is awesome! (6 votes [4.69%])

Percentage of vote: 4.69%

5. MW should look to other option than RBR! (30 votes [23.44%])

Percentage of vote: 23.44%

6. RBR should look to other option than MW (15 votes [11.72%])

Percentage of vote: 11.72%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Nivra

Nivra

• 1,065 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 05:20

Webber@RBR, & his personal comments on his team & his team-mate's during 2010:-
Overall:- RedBull has made a car that 'Technically' can't be beaten for 2010. They make two equal cars and hand 'One' each to Vettel & Webber.

1- Turkey: Vettel's Fault, with RBR being unreasonably against Webber!! Lots of 'negative' media flutter slating RedBull for their behaviour. Team say's equal treatment will continue no matter what.

2- Silverstone: RedBull's fault! They could have handled the 'Front-Wing' row more professionally, or not changed Webber's wing at all without his consent.
2a- Silverstone Post Race: "Not Bad for No.2" radio by Webber is a good response! But then he overdoes it by continuing the process of slating his own team by using the Media post-race. Again lots of negative publicity for RedBull Racing.

3- Hungary: RedBull Team devise a strategy that helps Mark Webber recover his position. Leads the WDC by a good margin, driving an extremely fast RBR.

4- Germany: Alonso wins using 'Team Order/Strategy" over teammate Massa. Grumpy Massa tries to put fault, but he is 100% to blame himself for moving over in the first place. Remember, Ferrari doesn't have any major control over the cars once on track!
4a- Germany: RedBull Team criticizes Ferrari for using Team-orders etc etc.... but then Mark Webber goes on BBC Q&A and supports Ferrari, Alonso for using such tactics. No problem with that, except that it directly contradicts his 'Own' teams stand on the issue.

Note: Because Webber is open to Team-orders favoring title leader, which is himself ofcourse, has opened up the possibility of Media speculation's on Team-Tactics @ RBR. Since then, Horner & co had to deflect team-order questions continuously & 'unnecessarily'. A total waste of time for RBR... while Ferrari/Alonso is making the most of the unrest.

5- Below are the latest emotional 'War-of-Words' by Mark Webber, with RedBull Racing & Vettel replying (read Wasting Time again) to Webber's statements considering his (MW) focus should be totally on winning the next two races...

Webber: Vettel is Red Bull's favourite - http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/87915
Horner denies Red Bull favours Vettel - http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/87918
S Vettel defends Red Bull's fairness --- http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/87920
Horner: Both drivers still in title race -- http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/87776

----- http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/87916
Q. You still seem to feel that the team isn't fully behind you... MW: Technically everything's been very, very good.
Q. But on the personal side?.... MW: It's obvious isn't it.

I mean yeah, RedBull prefer Vettel... just like Mclaren preferred Raikkonen over Montoya & Hamilton over Alonso; Ferrari preferred Shumi over Barichello.... It's part of Formula 1 that makes team-owners prefer their golden boys.
It's not personal, it's just Business.. but Mark seems to be missing the point....! For Mark Webber to continue stating stuff like this to the press is not doing him any good for his long-term prospects at RedBull-- I mean, why does he want emotional support as long as RedBull are giving him the car to win Races... just a bit childish i think.

Clearly, the drivers are beyond working properly as a team, a la Hamilton Vs Alonso. Ron Dennis fired Alonso as there was no other choice imo... keep an extremely talented Alonso on board for 2008 & risk the 'cold war' to continue; His choice of Firing Alonso is now justified with Facts- Hamilton- WDC2008.

What's the take here, is Mark Webber being unreasonable about Vettel's stand in RBR... as well as can they ever work together again as great Team-Mates?? What's next for RedBull Racing??

Advertisement

#2 LoudHoward

LoudHoward

• 2,014 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 05:35

Just a couple of points, after Hungary Mark was 4 points in the lead of the WDC :p

I think calling this a War-of-Words is a bit over the top.

The next question from that interview says exactly what you say here: "Of course when young, new chargers come onto the block, that's where the emotion is. That's the way it is. Which is absolutely fine, because I've had a great opportunity and a great car to go and do some great things this year, and I have done that. That's what I've just explained. I've got favourites in life. I've got people I like to be with. That's how it is. It's human nature."

As for Mark opening the door to RBR getting questioned about team orders, that's rubbish. Regardless of what Mark did or did not say they'd have been questioned on it, just as they were for the last half of last year, unless Mark somehow instigated that as well...

I don't think it's "clear" that the drivers are beyond working properly as a team, they've swapped setups this year and seem to be getting the most out of the car together. Their one coming together on the track was when their relationship was fine so...no I don't think it's clear. I doubt the team cares that they're not going out for a meal together after the races.

#3 goldenboy

goldenboy

• 8,183 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 05:37

jesus christ nivra.. This is like the 4th thread with a poll you have started on webber/RB as all u want to see is kimi in a red bull. enough!!

#4 Nivra

Nivra

• 1,065 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 05:51

jesus christ nivra.. This is like the 4th thread with a poll you have started on webber/RB as all u want to see is kimi in a red bull. enough!!

C'mon Goldenboy... not everything i say/do is related to Kimi Raikkonen for christ's sake. Now you are being unreasonable.
Even i have the right to follow every event that takes place in Formula 1. How does this relate to Kimi as I have given proper articles relating to the topic i've created.

So, read and see how i am saying anything wrong. Ok, to back it up... here's Mark Webber again..

Mark Webber coy over Red Bull future - http://news.bbc.co.u...one/9163197.stm
Red Bull driver Mark Webber has stopped short of confirming he will stay with the team next year in the wake of rumours that he could quit. Webber, who has accused Red Bull of preferring team-mate Sebastian Vettel, has a contract for the 2011 season.
But asked by BBC Sport whether he would quit the team, Webber said: "That's a pretty big step to take. As long as I'm enjoying my driving and performing really well, then of course I'll be here next year."

In a separate conversation with BBC Sport, he added: "There's a good chance I'll stick around to have another crack at it".

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok- re-read the bolded part! He has a 'Contract' with redbull for 2011... but the way he is putting it, it seems he's not too sure. Why? He could have just said I got a contract for 2011 & will definitely be driving in a RedBull next year.
Or are you going to accuse BBC of being Kimi-Biased too..

Edited by Nivra, 06 November 2010 - 05:54.

#5 LoudHoward

LoudHoward

• 2,014 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 05:56

Autosport.com uses the same quotes to say "Webber: No plans to leave Red Bull."

He added: "As long as I am enjoying my driving and performing reasonably well, and it went okay today, so as long as I don't forget how to drive in the next few months then of course I will be here next year."

#6 Nivra

Nivra

• 1,065 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 06:00

Autosport.com uses the same quotes to say "Webber: No plans to leave Red Bull."

He added: "As long as I am enjoying my driving and performing reasonably well, and it went okay today, so as long as I don't forget how to drive in the next few months then of course I will be here next year."

So he's giving mixed reactions to a very simple question to BBC & AS!! Weird & Why??
Maybe he's just playing with the press... getting them in a tizzy. If so, then the media does deserve it for being too nosy :p

Here's another one. Looks like the Media is hell bent on creating a stir or a monster...

http://news.bbc.co.u...one/9151075.stm
1315: On our Red Button coverage there's more speculation about Mark Webber and his Red Bull future. The Aussie did sign a one-year contract extension back in June but BBC pit-lane reporter Holly Samos says the rumour in the paddock is that he will leave Red Bull at the end of the season whether he wins the title or not. Interesting. Kravitz says the chat is that Webber wouldn't go to another team if he left Red Bull and would simply retire. Anyway, Button is up to fourth with a 1:13.267.

Edited by Nivra, 06 November 2010 - 06:07.

#7 LoudHoward

LoudHoward

• 2,014 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 06:53

It's the exact same interview (see how many mics/recorders are stuffed under his chin), they all just report it differently.

#8 Nivra

Nivra

• 1,065 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 07:27

It's the exact same interview (see how many mics/recorders are stuffed under his chin), they all just report it differently.

Yeah, I agree!

Also, Webber is making full use of his massive chin to accommodate all those Mics/Recorders :D :stoned:

#9 Nivra

Nivra

• 1,065 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 10:17

Hey, maybe you can also ask Horner why he's still getting pi$$ed at Webber... oh wait, maybe Horner/RedBull expects Webber to drive instead of 'Gossiping' & 'Bitching' about his Team-mate... Sebastian Vettel... for no apparent reason at this critical stage of the Championship.
Looks like Horner is telling Webber to be a man and win it himself, instead of looking for 'HELP' when his team-mate has every opportunity to win the title too...

Christian Horner has advised Mark Webber to put his focus back on track. - http://www.motorspor...p...93533&FS=F1
Red Bull's team boss admitted he was disappointed and surprised with the Australian's comments in Brazil...
Speculation is now rife that, despite having signed a 2011 contract, it is likely Webber's last race in a Red Bull will be next Sunday's championship finale in Abu Dhabi.

"If I had a message for him, it would be 'Let's focus on the racing'," said Horner. "Let's get on with it."
He dismissed the histrionics so far this weekend as "mind games" and a push for a favourable team strategy, but advised Webber to instead work hard to beat his teammate on merit.
"No one wants to be gifted a championship and he owes it to himself to go out and finish the job," said Horner.
"He has had a great season winning some of the great races, like Silverstone and Monaco, and he needs to focus on redelivering that kind of form."

And McLaren's Jenson Button said: "He (Webber) is obviously all over the place after the last race, binning it, and suddenly he's behind, chasing. "He hasn't got the margin anymore and there is a lot going on in his mind, I guess, because of that," added the defending world champion.

Mark Webber is not that gritty anymore is he... openly asking, bordering on begging, for help from Vettel/RBR. How can he expect help from Vettel, who can still be WDC with 2 wins and an Alonso DNF. Utter Rubbish from the man who seems to be losing all respect with his latest comments.

Edited by Nivra, 06 November 2010 - 10:22.

#10 LoudHoward

LoudHoward

• 2,014 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 10:27

Mark Webber is not that gritty anymore is he... openly asking, bordering on begging, for help from Vettel/RBR.

Quote please.

#11 Nivra

Nivra

• 1,065 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 10:31

Quote please.

Which Planet have you been on... It's all over the place! Look it up yourself... or maybe Horner/Vettel & co are just replying to Webber's quotes.. without Webber having made them!!? Jeez.

Edit- Maybe 'expecting' and not 'asking' is the correct term. But then again, why expect if you can do it by winning the next two races yourself.

http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/87915

While the team has remained adamant that it will not impose any form of team orders, Webber said there was the potential to let both championships slip away if Red Bull did not handle the final races correctly.
"I'm a driver, and I think that of course you increase your risk of that happening if you race each other and potentially take each other out, or race as hard as you want all the way to the end then you might not get certain championships," he said.
"But it's certainly not my decision and what I think is really all that important to how we will probably go about it. You'd need to ask the people who run the team."
"For different reasons here and there, obviously Seb's never led the championship this year and I have, so whatever happens in all the races we've had, we've now got two races to go and that's what the scoreboard says.
"Whatever the best way we go about handling trying to win the championship, we'll see on the Monday after Abu Dhabi if it was the right way.

Webber is talking like a Man who 'knows' Vettel might beat him fairly easily on track in Brazil & AbuDabhi... or why else expect the Team to form some sort of strategy regarding the championship standing. Instead, couldn't he just say that he'll win both the races and beat Vettel... that ways, he will require no help at all.

Edited by Nivra, 06 November 2010 - 10:46.

#12 LoudHoward

LoudHoward

• 2,014 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 10:37

Which Planet have you been on... It's all over the place! Look it up yourself... or maybe Horner/Vettel & co are just replying to Webber's quotes.. without Webber having made them!!? Jeez.

He's been openly begging for team orders and it's all over the place, should be easy enough for you to find the quote for me then.

Edited by LoudHoward, 06 November 2010 - 10:39.

#13 Eff One 2002

Eff One 2002

• 1,132 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 10:49

Mark Webber is not that gritty anymore is he... openly asking, bordering on begging, for help from Vettel/RBR.

He's done no such thing. From some of the utter crap you've been posting it's obvious you're in your own delusional little world.

You are only making yourself look idiotic by your fabrications, the above quote being a prime example of this.

Edited by Eff One 2002, 06 November 2010 - 10:52.

#14 prty

prty

• 8,437 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 10:49

The question would be if Red Bull is doing a McLaren :)

#15 LoudHoward

LoudHoward

• 2,014 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 10:54

Lol wow, is that all you've got? I can sum up that entire conversation with a headline; "Webber in crashing-with-teammate-may-cost-team shock".

Seriously, if "it's not up to me, go ask the team" is your equivelant of someone begging for team orders, we may have a problem continuing this dialogue Nivra. We're going to need a fookin' translator rofl.

#16 f1fastestlap

f1fastestlap

• 2,373 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 10:56

What? Giving them equal status?
No way!... :cool:

#17 Nivra

Nivra

• 1,065 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 11:04

Lol wow, is that all you've got? I can sum up that entire conversation with a headline; "Webber in crashing-with-teammate-may-cost-team shock".

Seriously, if "it's not up to me, go ask the team" is your equivelant of someone begging for team orders, we may have a problem continuing this dialogue Nivra. We're going to need a fookin' translator rofl.

Ok maybe i did go over the top... & if it's any consolation, i accept my folly :up:

But, my point was... why ask the team to sort it out. If Webber wins the next two races... he's WDC. Simple as that. Why carry on talking about unnecessary stuff instead of just focussing on his own race...!

#18 harrows

harrows

• 980 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 11:10

Webber should shut the **** up and make sure he's faster than his teammate. Want your team to favour you? Try giving them a reason.

#19 goldenboy

goldenboy

• 8,183 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 11:15

Webber should shut the **** up and make sure he's faster than his teammate. Want your team to favour you? Try giving them a reason.

leading the WDC? Being the only one in the team with a very decent chance to win it?

Instead he is told even if mathematically vettel cannot win he will not help him.

Advertisement

#20 LoudHoward

LoudHoward

• 2,014 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 11:19

Ok maybe i did go over the top... & if it's any consolation, i accept my folly :up:

But, my point was... why ask the team to sort it out. If Webber wins the next two races... he's WDC. Simple as that. Why carry on talking about unnecessary stuff instead of just focussing on his own race...!

Fair enough.

I'm sure Mark knows what he has to do, my own personal school of thought is that I don't think any of this effects any of the drivers. They have press conferences, they give answers when they're asked questions and that's it, whether they be "good" answers, "bad" answers, something that takes a jab at their teammate, an old team, the new world order, whatever, I don't think it effects their ability to drive at all. For example, Button making those comments about Mark, does anyone seriously think that those will effect his ability to get the tyres working in Q3 later today? I don't, and of the title contenders, he's the one who should arguably gearing himself up for an epic week.

It's just the rubbish they have to get through before they actually get to the serious stuff, the guys that have been around as long as Button and Webber and Alonso and soon Seb and Hamilton, they've been asked tens of thousands of questions about F1 throughout the years, if they didn't have an ability to seperate that from their racing then they wouldn't still be around imo.

#21 Nivra

Nivra

• 1,065 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 12:09

Fair enough.

I'm sure Mark knows what he has to do, my own personal school of thought is that I don't think any of this effects any of the drivers. They have press conferences, they give answers when they're asked questions and that's it, whether they be "good" answers, "bad" answers, something that takes a jab at their teammate, an old team, the new world order, whatever, I don't think it effects their ability to drive at all. For example, Button making those comments about Mark, does anyone seriously think that those will effect his ability to get the tyres working in Q3 later today? I don't, and of the title contenders, he's the one who should arguably gearing himself up for an epic week.

It's just the rubbish they have to get through before they actually get to the serious stuff, the guys that have been around as long as Button and Webber and Alonso and soon Seb and Hamilton, they've been asked tens of thousands of questions about F1 throughout the years, if they didn't have an ability to seperate that from their racing then they wouldn't still be around imo.

Yes, for sure. But I think Mark Webber's comments took everyone by surprise. If you read the quotes of Horner (article's on my first post), he definitely seems to have been taken aback by what or why Mark felt he needed to, or even bothered to give out those statements to the press. If it wasn't a surprise, I don't think all the press would go haywire on it...

The one where Mark say's Vettel has RBR's emotional support is totally unnecessary and does dis-service to Sebastian Vettel & his talents. He makes it sound like Vettel only wins because of that 'emotional support'... whereas he has done it the hard way; which is rather amusing considering the amount of technical failures Vettel has had this year.
Vettel would win races with or without anyone's support, just like Mark himself can. His 'emotional support' statement doesn't even make sense.. as both he and Vettel still have to perform driving similar machinery on 'RaceDay'.

If Vettel has RedBull emotional support, than I guess Mark has been compensated by RedBull by providing him with superior machinery that doesn't break-down. Don't know what he's complaining about. I'd prefer better Machinery over Emotional Support any day... and so would Sebastian Vettel.

#22 LoudHoward

LoudHoward

• 2,014 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 12:29

Yes, for sure. But I think Mark Webber's comments took everyone by surprise. If you read the quotes of Horner (article's on my first post), he definitely seems to have been taken aback by what or why Mark felt he needed to, or even bothered to give out those statements to the press. If it wasn't a surprise, I don't think all the press would go haywire on it...

Perhaps, but to me it's something that is clear, and that's all he said. Can't have been too surprising, because all he said was "It's obvious isn't it." If it wasn't obvious, no one would've known what he was talking about.

The one where Mark say's Vettel has RBR's emotional support is totally unnecessary and does dis-service to Sebastian Vettel & his talents. He makes it sound like Vettel only wins because of that 'emotional support'... whereas he has done it the hard way; which is rather amusing considering the amount of technical failures Vettel has had this year.
Vettel would win races with or without anyone's support, just like Mark himself can. His 'emotional support' statement doesn't even make sense.. as both he and Vettel still have to perform driving similar machinery on 'RaceDay'.

No, you make it sound like that's what he made it sound like. Read what he said: "Of course when young, new chargers come onto the block, that's where the emotion is. That's the way it is. Which is absolutely fine, because I've had a great opportunity and a great car to go and do some great things this year, and I have done that. That's what I've just explained. I've got favourites in life. I've got people I like to be with. That's how it is. It's human nature."

If you want to infer from those comments that Mark thinks he's only ever lost to Vettel because Marko doesn't give him equal amount of cuddles that's up to you, but you're drawing a massive 37 mile long bow to say that is actually what he's trying to tell us, in my opinion.

If Vettel has RedBull emotional support, than I guess Mark has been compensated by RedBull by providing him with superior machinery that doesn't break-down. Don't know what he's complaining about. I'd prefer better Machinery over Emotional Support any day... and so would Sebastian Vettel.

Again, he's not complaining. People have said he's moaning, whining, complaining, but he's not. I don't know how much simpler it can be, he's not the Riddler. It can be paraphrased easily enough to "I get full technical support and a great car from Red Bull, that rocks, Seb has the emotional support of the team management, and that's fine and natural." In my book, it isn't a complaint unless he actually complains about it, amazing as that may seem.

#23 Stuko

Stuko

• 565 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 12:39

I'd rather say RBR is doing a Macca2007 to Mark.

#24 P123

P123

• 23,959 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 12:40

Short answer is 'no'.

#25 DiStefano

DiStefano

• 485 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 12:41

Exactly what I was going to say.

If Alonso doesn't win the WDC then I hope Mark does.

Vettel :down:

#26 P123

P123

• 23,959 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 12:41

In what way?

#27 zeph

zeph

• 804 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 12:44

In what way?

I think they are referring to Ron Dennis' infamous remark: "We are racing against Alonso."

#28 ManiaMuse

ManiaMuse

• 246 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 12:46

In what way?

Webber is losing it.

Compare his comments in Brazil to Vettel's mature and calm approach to the media after his engine blowup in Korea. That was hardly 'emotional support,' he went to chat to the media pretty much as soon as he got back to the pitlane, didn't make any 'at least Mark crashed out as well' remarks, and took away positives from the race.

#29 P123

P123

• 23,959 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 12:46

I think they are referring to Ron Dennis' infamous remark: "We are racing against Alonso."

Perhaps, although that has eternally been taken slightly out of context.

#30 Watkins74

Watkins74

• 6,090 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 12:50

I'd rather say RBR is doing a Macca 2007 to Mark.

:up:

#31 MikeTekRacing

MikeTekRacing

• 12,282 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 12:52

Comparing this to 2007 is a disgrace to alonso & hamilton
they never took each other out and they haven't crashed so often
red bull drivers made a lot of mistakes

#32 Stuko

Stuko

• 565 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 12:59

Webber is losing it.

Compare his comments in Brazil to Vettel's mature and calm approach to the media after his engine blowup in Korea. That was hardly 'emotional support,' he went to chat to the media pretty much as soon as he got back to the pitlane, didn't make any 'at least Mark crashed out as well' remarks, and took away positives from the race.

You can´t compare. RBR is backing SV 100% (from Marko to Horner). meanwhile MW.... well, call it as you want. :well:

#33 Johnrambo

Johnrambo

• 940 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 13:02

red bull drivers made a lot of mistakes

Not any more than the competition.

#34 Nivra

Nivra

• 1,065 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 13:02

Exactly what I was going to say.

If Alonso doesn't win the WDC then I hope Mark does.

Vettel :down:

Maybe your hope of seeing Mark Webber win the WDC will come true.... but why the thumbs down to Vettel!! Poor kid, leave him alone i guess

#35 zeph

zeph

• 804 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 13:04

Webber is losing it.

Uh uh. I keep on posting this link to the actual Q&A as it seems that no one has actually bothered to read it, and rather go into full speculation mode without bothering with the facts. Webber responded to questions in a calm, thoughtful and diplomatic manner:

http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/87916

And Vettel did make some veiled comments about Webber crashing out of the race, too.

#36 DILLIGAF

DILLIGAF

• 4,459 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 13:46

Webber is losing it.

Vettel's mature calm approach to the media after Korea? Here's a snide comment from Seb to the media following Korea reported on GP Update:

VETTEL TAKES DIG AT WEBBER

"With Mark's crash it was hard for us as a team, but [at least] when I look at myself I know the reason for the failure was not my fault, was nothing to do with my performance"

Yeah, very mature!! :rolleyes:

Edited by DILLIGAF, 06 November 2010 - 13:58.

#37 Disgrace

Disgrace

• 31,442 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 16:19

This.

#38 sha

sha

• 199 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 16:24

Me too

#39 BenettonB192

BenettonB192

• 869 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 17:22

Vettel's mature calm approach to the media after Korea? Here's a snide comment from Seb to the media following Korea reported on GP Update:

VETTEL TAKES DIG AT WEBBER

"With Mark's crash it was hard for us as a team, but [at least] when I look at myself I know the reason for the failure was not my fault, was nothing to do with my performance"

Yeah, very mature!! :rolleyes:

You know that's not what he said or not what he meant to say. In all his German interviews it sounded different. So either its his lack of better English skills or he was quoted wrongly. Replace the comma with a dot and remove the stuff between [] then it sounds way less like an attack on Mark.

Also context is important. When he made the statement of the second part on German television it was an answer to the question why he looked so calm and wasn't devasted after the race.

Edited by BenettonB192, 06 November 2010 - 17:29.

Advertisement

#40 Hole

Hole

• 2,232 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 17:27

Good perspective :up:

#41 DILLIGAF

DILLIGAF

• 4,459 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 17:36

You know that's not what he said or not what he meant to say. In all his German interviews it sounded different. So either its his lack of better English skills or he was quoted wrongly. Replace the comma with a dot and remove the stuff between [] then it sounds way less like an attack on Mark.

Also context is important. When he made the statement of the second part on German television it was an answer to the question why he looked so calm and wasn't devasted after the race.

If it's not what he meant i apologise. Here's the source i was referring to:

http://www.gpupdate....-dig-at-webber/

#42 goldenboy

goldenboy

• 8,183 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 17:37

but why the thumbs down to Vettel!! Poor kid, leave him alone i guess

:rotfl: :down: :down:

#43 TalkingaboutF1

TalkingaboutF1

• 13 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 18:42

Seems rather odd that Webber has started to make these comments, especially come the business end of the season. James Allen theorised that Webber may be trying to motivate himself by defining himself as the underdog, a la at Silverstone after 'front wing gate'. See here.
But still, it seems an odd way to go about things and you do wonder what's going on behind closed doors at Red Bull.

#44 Arska

Arska

• 947 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 19:21

Here's a scenario for you: towards the end the podium in Brazil is Vettel-Webber-Alonso. RBR doesn't use "team strategy".

Abu Dhabi: Webber wins, Alonso is second. Alonso wins WDC by one point.

By using team strategy in Brazil RBR would've got WDC. Do you now see why focusing on supporting Webber's title hunt in this situation should be and needs to be their focus?

#45 Arska

Arska

• 947 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 19:29

That remark was made in the second last race of the season. Are you claiming that RBR have provided completely equal treatment for both drivers until now?

#46 kandru

kandru

• 180 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 19:56

not bad, apart from the fact Dennis didn't fire Alonso, but since discussing this is not the purpose of this thread, I won't dig deeper on it.

#47 William Hunt

William Hunt

• 11,079 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 20:22

I don't believe a thing about those rumours that Webber will leave Red Bull after Abu Dhabi, too ridiculous for words. But I do think that Red Bull is making a big mistake in not putting all their backing behind Webber now for the title, they are risking that Vettel will take away vital points from Webber that can cause Webber to miss the title by just a couple of points. Webber is absolutely in his right to be upset about that.

Edited by William Hunt, 06 November 2010 - 20:22.

#48 JustinCider

JustinCider

• 836 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 20:22

not bad, apart from the fact Dennis didn't fire Alonso, but since discussing this is not the purpose of this thread, I won't dig deeper on it.

Please dig deeper. A quote would be nice.

I don't think Webber and Alonso's 2007 situation can be compared aside from the fact that of their obvious frustration against their respective teams.

One driver is fighting for equal status, whilst the other demanded unequivical no.1 status through a clumsy blackmail attempt.

Can anyone, if put in Webber's shoes, honestly say they would react much differently ? I'd be pretty pissed off, i know that much.

Edited by JustinCider, 06 November 2010 - 20:22.

#49 kandru

kandru

• 180 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 21:45

One driver is fighting for equal status, whilst the other demanded unequivical no.1 status through a clumsy blackmail attempt.

prove it, and prove also he was fired by McLaren, as people here likes to see it

Edited by kandru, 06 November 2010 - 21:46.

#50 Arska

Arska

• 947 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 22:08

prove it, and prove also he was fired by McLaren, as people here likes to see it

This isn't a court of law. Are you claiming that Alonso didn't blackmail Ron for #1 status in the team?