Photo

If Red Bull swap drivers in Abu Dhabi, will it be a devaluated championship?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
34 replies to this topic

Poll: If Red Bull swap drivers in Abu Dhabi, will it be a devaluated championship? (46 member(s) have cast votes)

After hearing all the stuff about team orders rules from Christian Horner, if it comes the time for a swap in order to avoid Alonso from winning the championship.... will it be a devaluated championship?

1. No. Another show of the team orders hypocrisy. (11 votes [23.91%])

Percentage of vote: 23.91%

2. Yes. Christian Horner should leave Formula 1 ala Briatore (4 votes [8.70%])

Percentage of vote: 8.70%

3. No. Perfect retribution to Ferrari tactics (29 votes [63.04%])

Percentage of vote: 63.04%

4. Yes. Sebastian Vettel should leave the team as much as Felipe Massa. (2 votes [4.35%])

Percentage of vote: 4.35%

Vote

#1 Architrion

Architrion

• 180 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 11:34

After hearing all the stuff about team orders rules from Christian Horner, if it comes the time for a swap in order to avoid Alonso from winning the championship.... will it be a devaluated championship?

Advertisement

#2 bauss

bauss

• 5,067 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 11:40

Frankly if they did and Webber went on to win the championship. I will look at it as one of the most honorable team orders (if team orders can be honorable). They let the drivers fight it out til the last possible moment b4 using it.

Though I cant help but feel they are leaving it so late for diff. reasons... if it was Vettel ahead in points, Webber would have been relegated to no 2 a while ago....

#3 tifosi

tifosi

• 22,776 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 11:41

The answer is No, but I didn't vote since all the answers are posted as negatives.

#4 Architrion

Architrion

• 180 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 11:44

The answer is No, but I didn't vote since all the answers are posted as negatives.

Why?

#5 MadYarpen

MadYarpen

• 4,763 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 11:45

I think this is a BS poll.

#6 MadYarpen

MadYarpen

• 4,763 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 11:46

Why?

Cause none of the answers says "No, TO are in fact OK, we had them, we will have and like it or not F1 is a team sport".

#7 King Six

King Six

• 3,230 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 11:47

How about just a normal No. What's up with polls that always want to add nonsense to the simple answers of a question

#8 MadYarpen

MadYarpen

• 4,763 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 11:49

How about just a normal No. What's up with polls that always want to add nonsense to the simple answers of a question

:up:

#9 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,447 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 11:49

Exactly.

Wanted to vote simply no and could not because of the crap added to both no options...

#10 DILLIGAF

DILLIGAF

• 4,459 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 11:50

Why not simply have a "yes" or "no" poll?

#11 Longtimefan

Longtimefan

• 3,170 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 11:51

No, karma returning the favour to Ferrari

#12 Architrion

Architrion

• 180 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 11:51

Did you read the explanation?? "After hearing all the stuff about team orders rules from Christian Horner... bla bla bla".... I don't think it will be a devaluated champ. It has to be with the hypocrite Horner saying one thing and doing the other.

Ok, poll is my fault because it is my first one, and I wasn't even sure if it would even be posted right... maybe I managed to not explain myself

#13 JPW

JPW

• 3,335 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 11:52

Same here, wanted to vote just NO.

#14 tifosi

tifosi

• 22,776 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 11:54

Why?

Because both "No" votes are then follwed by "negative" comments.

The simple answer is "No, it if necessary to secure the WDC it is the only correct move."

#15 plastik2k9

plastik2k9

• 509 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 11:57

No, because if Red Bull don't employ team orders in Abu Dhabi and end up with Alonso as Champion, that would be the most idiotic decision in F1 history. I have no problem with Alonso as WDC, I just can't quite grasp why they've allowed Alonso to have a larger lead in the WDC than necessary. Vettel winning in Brazil ahead of Webber has made their job more difficult; so by skipping out on team orders there, they now may *have* to use them in Abu Dhabi.

#16 Classic Ferrari

Classic Ferrari

• 471 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 12:00

:up:

#17 Architrion

Architrion

• 180 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 12:02

Don't enter and don't vote... as simple as that, mate

#18 tifosi

tifosi

• 22,776 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 12:05

No, because if Red Bull don't employ team orders in Abu Dhabi and end up with Alonso as Champion, that would be the most idiotic decision in F1 history. I have no problem with Alonso as WDC, I just can't quite grasp why they've allowed Alonso to have a larger lead in the WDC than necessary. Vettel winning in Brazil ahead of Webber has made their job more difficult; so by skipping out on team orders there, they now may *have* to use them in Abu Dhabi.

Yeah, but if you look at the glass as half full, now both drivers are still able to win the WDC, so if one blows up or otherwiase DNF's they still have a chance. Using team orders in Brazil only so they don't "have" to in Abu Dhabi doesn;t really matter, does it?

#19 simplyfast

simplyfast

• 867 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 12:08

your options seam to be very slanted towards a certain answer being wanted.
Where is the its always happened and is very different to when its done mid season.

Advertisement

#20 Redstorm

Redstorm

• 343 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 12:09

Just a bit of constructive criticism.......

Must a new thread be opened up for every possible act that could happen in AD?

Devalued? No. The Tifosi will thank RB for the trophy addition to Fred's mantle. (maybe)

#21 Architrion

Architrion

• 180 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 12:10

your options seam to be very slanted towards a certain answer being wanted.
Where is the its always happened and is very different to when its done mid season.

I repeat, I can't see nothing wrong if they do it next sunday or if they would have it done in Bahrain.... But if you keep saying that team orders is wrong and then you do it, what about it?

#22 DILLIGAF

DILLIGAF

• 4,459 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 12:12

Did you read the explanation?? "After hearing all the stuff about team orders rules from Christian Horner... bla bla bla".... I don't think it will be a devaluated champ. It has to be with the hypocrite Horner saying one thing and doing the other.

Ok, poll is my fault because it is my first one, and I wasn't even sure if it would even be posted right... maybe I managed to not explain myself

Because you've made an explanation at the top a simple yes or no poll is easier imo. Dunno how you can change the options though once people have voted. Maybe ask a mod?

#23 simplyfast

simplyfast

• 867 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 12:15

Cause none of the answers says "No, TO are in fact OK, we had them, we will have and like it or not F1 is a team sport".

there is a problem with your trying to claim its a team sport....
The team side of it has been won already the rest is just about an INDIVIDUAL drivers title.
That being said i cannot see why the ferrari fans are now moaning when they claimed it was perfectly ok for Ferrari to use it far earlier in the season and when both drivers clearly still had a chance to win.
Perhaps double standards.
I wonder if they will claim if Alonso wins the WDC that it is a devalued win due to Ferrari's team orders.
Some how i doubt it.

#24 flyer121

flyer121

• 4,570 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 12:16

No , not at all.

Ferrari and RBR will still be poles apart in their approach to WDC.

Recent WDC s has been decided on team orders (in the strictest sense) but they are not a slap in the faces of viewers.

Ferrari just abused that unsaid last race rule regarding team orders and insulted the viewers.

If Webber wins (even with some help) , it will be because he worked for it and earned that help (if it come to that).

Not like Ferrari who made Alonso #1 and basically eliminated Massa halfway thru the season.

#25 tifosi

tifosi

• 22,776 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 12:20

That being said i cannot see why the ferrari fans are now moaning when they claimed it was perfectly ok for Ferrari to use it far earlier in the season and when both drivers clearly still had a chance to win.

What Ferrari fans. Most of them so far have said, "No, its perfectly okay" and refused to vote in the biased poll.

#26 Architrion

Architrion

• 180 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 12:24

What Ferrari fans. Most of them so far have said, "No, its perfectly okay" and refused to vote in the biased poll.

I'll try

#27 simplyfast

simplyfast

• 867 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 12:24

any chance you could get the options changed as you have asked a question but given us options that are unrelated to the question as sorry i dont see how options like:-

Yes. Christian Horner should leave Formula 1 ala Briatore
or
Yes. Sebastian Vettel should leave the team as much as Felipe Massa.

relate to the question you asked which is:-
If Red Bull swap drivers in Abu Dhabi, will it be a devaluated championship?

surely the options should just be yes, no or no opnion?

#28 Architrion

Architrion

• 180 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 12:30

Ok. I've read your arguments and made a new poll with yes and no simple answers. Feel free to close this thread and jump in the new one

#29 Lights

Lights

• 17,877 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 12:37

Like the poll says, it's a perfect retribution to Ferrari's tactics in Hockenheim. And even if it wouldn't be, it's fine.

#30 Hairpin

Hairpin

• 4,468 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 12:43

Where is the "No, because I will have pizza for lunch" option? :confused:

#31 sadler

sadler

• 67 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 12:44

Red bull, as a TEAM, have already stated they wont be getting involved....

http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/88061

It will be a DRIVER decision so this thread is pointless. Its upto Vettel to move over if he wants Webber to win it, if he'd rather Alonso win it (as daft as that is) he can do that.

No rules are being broken next week!

#32 Tenmantaylor

Tenmantaylor

• 18,126 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 12:45

No. It's common sense to assure a WDC for the team.

#33 tifosi

tifosi

• 22,776 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 12:45

Red bull, as a TEAM, have already stated they wont be getting involved....

http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/88061

It will be a DRIVER decision so this thread is pointless. Its upto Vettel to move over if he wants Webber to win it, if he'd rather Alonso win it (as daft as that is) he can do that.

No rules are being broken next week!

HeyHEYEHEY, I have a bridge to sell you. Please wire me the money :p

#34 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

• 8,012 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 12:46

He reportedly said shortly before the Brazilian Grand Prix that he would do everything in his power to see that a Red Bull driver wins the championship. I think he wanted to win in Brazil so that a) he was the man who gave Red Bull their WCC, and b) so that if something befalls Webber and/or Alonso in Abu Dhabi, he can still be the WDC.

#35 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • Admin

• 19,094 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 12:49

There is now a 'corrected' poll;

http://forums.autosp...howtopic=138317

Thread closed.