Photo

Polesitter in Abu Dhabi?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Poll: Who'll take pole position in Abu Dhabi? (177 member(s) have cast votes)

Who'll take pole position in Abu Dhabi?

1. Sebastian Vettel (77 votes [43.50%])

Percentage of vote: 43.50%

2. Mark Webber (23 votes [12.99%])

Percentage of vote: 12.99%

3. Fernando Alonso (28 votes [15.82%])

Percentage of vote: 15.82%

4. Lewis Hamilton (48 votes [27.12%])

Percentage of vote: 27.12%

5. Other (The Hulk, The Stig, The Kube...) (1 votes [0.56%])

Percentage of vote: 0.56%

Will Red Bull have a 1-2?

1. Yes (52 votes [29.38%])

Percentage of vote: 29.38%

2. No (125 votes [70.62%])

Percentage of vote: 70.62%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 jeze

jeze

• 2,973 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 17:42

On today's balance I believe Lewis has a very good shot at it, but ultimately Vettel will beat him by a few 1/100's of a second.

Then I believe Alonso will further extend Webber's woes with a P3, while Webber will be P4.

What do you think?

Advertisement

#2 phil1993

phil1993

• 1,933 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 17:47

Lewis seems to have screwed up a few Q3 laps this year but I think it's between him and Vettel. I wondered whether Hamilton's dominance of the track last year was due to the car but it looks as if the track suits him. But come Q3, Red Bull whack up the engines, nail every corner and leave the others stumped.

#3 jeze

jeze

• 2,973 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 17:55

Lewis seems to have screwed up a few Q3 laps this year but I think it's between him and Vettel. I wondered whether Hamilton's dominance of the track last year was due to the car but it looks as if the track suits him. But come Q3, Red Bull whack up the engines, nail every corner and leave the others stumped.

Yes, but I think the times don't come as easily from Webber as usual. Perhaps the pressure is getting to him, because normally he always beats both HAM and ALO on Friday practice. The radiuses on the final sector are so tight they remind more of Monaco than anything else, and that's the difference to a normal twisty sector. But really, either of these four could get pole. It's that close. Remember that nobody expected Fernando to take the fight to Red Bull in Korea, and yet he did, despite the mid-sector being a lot faster than the final in Abu Dhabi.

Edited by jeze, 12 November 2010 - 17:55.

#4 Dunder

Dunder

• 6,784 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 18:55

Vettel for pole but I think that either Alonso or Hamilton will take P2.

#5 Sausage

Sausage

• 1,820 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 19:11

The Hulk, The Stig, The Kube :rotfl:

Vettel pole for me. Webber looks a bit off, but still should be good for RB 1-2.

#6 BRK

BRK

• 5,197 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 19:20

Probably Vettel,although I think Hamilton will be very strong in Quali (as he was last season). Top three: Vettel, Hamilton,Webber

#7 Flamini

Flamini

• 1,065 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 19:36

FP2 is pretty good indicator of pace. And the last time when McLaren won FP2 was Turkey and although Hamilton missed pole there, he was on P2 and was only 1 tenth slower than Red Bull. I voted for Hamilton and i really hope he has good chance for pole.

#8 InfectedPumpkin

InfectedPumpkin

• 535 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 19:43

Vettel or Hamilton methinks.

#9 Ferrari2183

Ferrari2183

• 11,571 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 19:47

Vettel for pole but I think that either Alonso or Hamilton will take P2.

This.

Edited by Ferrari2183, 12 November 2010 - 19:49.

#10 plastik2k9

plastik2k9

• 509 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 20:51

Hamilton will start on pole. Webber will spin out on lap 14, from 2nd on the grid and after losing a place to Vettel. Alonso and Vettel will collide on lap 34, Alonso retiring.

On the final lap it is 1. HAM, 2. VET, Vettel is set to take the title. But what's this? Thin plumes of smoke can be seen from the back of the Red Bull. Vettel begins to slow, but with a 30 second gap to Button and the end of the race so close he should hold the place.

But disaster! Thick billowing smoke pours from his engine, and slowly he crawls around the final corners. Flames now rise as the young German rocks back and forth in his seat, willing the car to go on. Will he make it? The car rolls towards the line, but stops mere metres short of it. It's all over. Button flies past, takes second place and Hamilton takes the title.

</dream>

#11 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • Admin

• 19,094 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 21:07

On today's balance...

That's your problem, right there. IMO Vettel and Webber will lock out the front row.

#12 F1EC

F1EC

• 913 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 21:43

Hamilton was smoking today :up: He's motivated and he's good at this track. So I'm voting for Hamilton, despite the fact he's said in an interview that he's ill and on meds. Hopefully he'll recover by tomorrow.

#13 Ferrari2183

Ferrari2183

• 11,571 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 22:00

Hamilton was smoking today :up: He's motivated and he's good at this track. So I'm voting for Hamilton, despite the fact he's said in an interview that he's ill and on meds. Hopefully he'll recover by tomorrow.

The only meds Hamilton is on is Nicole which translates into his happiness. Seems getting some nookie after 6 weeks has worked wonders for the boy. :lol:

#14 FSA

FSA

• 613 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 23:19

That's your problem, right there. IMO Vettel and Webber will lock out the front row.

Agreed. I'm not sure the pecking order of recent races will change. Should be Vettel/Webber on pole. Hamilton might be able to fight Alonso for 2nd or 3rd on the grid but even that is not necessarily certain. Ferrari should be much more on the pace after Final Practice on Saturday. Plus it's hardly as though Alonso will be taking it easy in quali. It's obvious from everything they've said today that Ferrari & Alonso are going all out to get onto the front row here.

Edited by FSA, 12 November 2010 - 23:25.

#15 DILLIGAF

DILLIGAF

• 4,459 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 00:04

1. Vettel
2. Alonso
3. Webber
4. Hamilton

#16 OfficeLinebacker

OfficeLinebacker

• 14,088 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 00:13

Hamilton will start on pole. Webber will spin out on lap 14, from 2nd on the grid and after losing a place to Vettel. Alonso and Vettel will collide on lap 34, Alonso retiring.

On the final lap it is 1. HAM, 2. VET, Vettel is set to take the title. But what's this? Thin plumes of smoke can be seen from the back of the Red Bull. Vettel begins to slow, but with a 30 second gap to Button and the end of the race so close he should hold the place.

But disaster! Thick billowing smoke pours from his engine, and slowly he crawls around the final corners. Flames now rise as the young German rocks back and forth in his seat, willing the car to go on. Will he make it? The car rolls towards the line, but stops mere metres short of it. It's all over. Button flies past, takes second place and Hamilton takes the title.

</dream>

And Vettel escapes unharmed, except for a horrible burn to his hand. After much surgery and therapy, he can still grip a steering wheel but he can never point his first finger again!

#17 Ferrari2183

Ferrari2183

• 11,571 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 00:15

And Vettel escapes unharmed, except for a horrible burn to his hand. After much surgery and therapy, he can still grip a steering wheel but he can never point his first finger again!

:lol:

#18 Birelman

Birelman

• 2,537 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 03:02

On today's balance I believe Lewis has a very good shot at it, but ultimately Vettel will beat him by a few 1/100's of a second.

Then I believe Alonso will further extend Webber's woes with a P3, while Webber will be P4.

What do you think?

LOL That would be like Alonso's worst nightmare. To have a desperate Webber wanting too get past for a title!!!! LOL can you say accident waiting to happen? :up:

#19 Seanspeed

Seanspeed

• 21,814 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 03:08

LOL That would be like Alonso's worst nightmare. To have a desperate Webber wanting too get past for a title!!!! LOL can you say accident waiting to happen? :up:

Having Webber behind him will NOT be Alonso's worst nightmare. I think that will be quite ideal, actually.

As for the topic question, I have no idea. I think anyone could argue for any of the 4 having a very good shot at it. Vettel is always quick. Webber always seems to be right up there in qualifying, no matter what his practice pace looks like. Lewis looks genuinely quick, but we've seen this before from him and Mclaren. And Alonso seems fairly quick for a Friday practice session.

Advertisement

#20 Birelman

Birelman

• 2,537 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 03:18

Having Webber behind him will NOT be Alonso's worst nightmare. I think that will be quite ideal, actually.

As for the topic question, I have no idea. I think anyone could argue for any of the 4 having a very good shot at it. Vettel is always quick. Webber always seems to be right up there in qualifying, no matter what his practice pace looks like. Lewis looks genuinely quick, but we've seen this before from him and Mclaren. And Alonso seems fairly quick for a Friday practice session.

Absolutely, ideal, but only until Webber HAS to get cute, which he will have to at some point, it's do or die, and we all know how things tend to end up in tears around Webber.

#21 metz

metz

• 15,871 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 18:47

What do you think?

:smoking: I think you called it fairly close, except for Webber < Button.