* * * * - 11 votes

Vettel as good as Senna, says Ascanelli

• Please log in to reply
805 replies to this topic

#1 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,447 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 21:39

Here we go again, two weeks after Berger claiming that Alonso belongs to the class of Senna and Schumacher, Ascanelli claims that Vettel is a good as Senna:

http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/88396

"I am a very lucky man, because at the start of my career and now at the end I have been touched by perfection," Giorgio Ascanelli claims. While it sounds very Italian and a bit melodramatic, I understand what Giorgio is saying. I hold him in high esteem after having seen how he worked with Senna, and these words are surely well chosen. Ascanelli is surely not a man over the top with his statements, so this one bears even more weight.

Is it the 2010 season with all its bravado and reportedly the best season of all times (as some want to have us believe), that we have people suddenly claiming that with Alonso and with Vettel two drivers in the same class as Senna?

Having seen the race long duel between Vettel and Alonso in Singapore I must say though, that that was as close to perfection as you can get (minus the little slip Alonso had at the restart after the safety car period).

So what does everyone here on the BB think? Vettel as a good as Senna?

Edited by aditya-now, 18 November 2010 - 22:02.

Advertisement

#2 slideways

slideways

• 3,395 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 21:43

I posted this in the feedback forum, because if you read the article no where does he say that he is as good as Senna?

Reminded me of a planet-f1 style article tbh.

#3 maverick69

maverick69

• 5,975 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 21:44

Here we go again, two weeks after Berger claiming that Alonso belongs to the class of Senna and Schumacher, Ascanelli claims that Vettel is a good as Senna:

I think Senna had a few more arrows in his quiver when he was Vettel's age....

#4 engel

engel

• 5,037 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 21:47

it's been posted here -> http://forums.autosp...p;#entry4728070

#5 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,447 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 21:48

I posted this in the feedback forum, because if you read the article no where does he say that he is as good as Senna?

Reminded me of a planet-f1 style article tbh.

I see where you are coming from, and while it surely smells a little bit of tabloid journalism (the title statement not being represented in the actual interview) the Italian way of saying:"I am a very lucky man, because at the start of my career and now at the end I have been touched by perfection," makes it pretty clear that Ascanelli feels that way.

I´ve lived in Italy for over a year, and trust me, that´s Italian for "as good as" - and Ascanelli is usually not lightly chosing his words. So I am impressed to say the least.

#6 ensign14

ensign14

• 61,753 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 21:52

Is it the 2010 season with all its bravado and reportedly the best season of all times (as some want to have us believe), that we have people suddenly claiming that with Alonso and with Vettel two drivers in the same class as Senna?

There seems to be a name missing from this particular category.

Give Vettel a bit of time and I think he will be a great. But maybe he will be a Fittipaldi...

#7 Watkins74

Watkins74

• 6,090 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 21:57

I think Senna had a few more arrows in his quiver when he was Vettel's age....

Senna didn't make it to F1 until he was 24.

Vettel is younger then that and already has a WDC and 10 wins. Time will tell.

#8 Ross Stonefeld

Ross Stonefeld

• 70,106 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 22:00

Having seen the race long duel between Vettel and Alonso I must say though, that that was as close to perfection as you can get (minus the little slip Alonso had at the restart after the safety car period).

What race are you talking about?

#9 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,447 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 22:01

There seems to be a name missing from this particular category.

You mean Hamilton?

Well, then we surely have an inflation of Sennas in this brave new world. Bruno Senna and three others as good as Senna.
Maybe eventually F1 will have to renamed into FSenna! ;)

#10 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,447 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 22:02

What race are you talking about?

Oh, sorry, Singapore.

#11 pingu666

pingu666

• 9,272 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 22:03

singapour i guess?

#12 engel

engel

• 5,037 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 22:09

Nobody's as good as Senna ... or Prost or Nuvolari or Schumacher or Lauda or Clark or Vittorio Brambilla (;P)

Seb's gonna make his own legacy, same with Alonso, same with Lewis and 20 years from now autosport will be quoting Rob Smedley team manager raving about some kid that's as good as Seb or Fred or Lewis. It just the natural progression of things.

#13 MadYarpen

MadYarpen

• 4,763 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 22:10

I think that from time to time someone has to say that driver X is as good as senna.

#14 Kop Alonso

Kop Alonso

• 312 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 22:23

Nobody's as good as Senna ... or Prost or Nuvolari or Schumacher or Lauda or Clark or Vittorio Brambilla (;P)

Seb's gonna make his own legacy, same with Alonso, same with Lewis and 20 years from now autosport will be quoting Rob Smedley team manager raving about some kid that's as good as Seb or Fred or Lewis. It just the natural progression of things.

Quite right !

It really gets my back when journos say "Is Vettel the new Schumi" no he is not he is Sebastian Vettel, simple, you can't compare different drivers with different cars from different eras...

:up:

#15 maverick69

maverick69

• 5,975 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 22:36

Time will tell the full story of course.

But to clarify, disregarding categories, I think that Senna had more about him at Vettel's age.

Subjective of course....

#16 WhiteBlue

WhiteBlue

• 2,188 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 22:49

Let us look at what the man has said.

I am a very lucky man, because at the start of my career and now at the end I have been touched by perfection. I said two years ago that Sebastian Vettel would be world champion and here we are. You never know how many championships he can win. To quote Ron Dennis, winning a championship is relatively easy - but being consistently at the top of your ability is bloody hard. That's the difficult part, but I think Sebastian has got the will to do it. He's going to be a big competitor for a long time.

He said that with both Senna and Vettel he saw a level of perfection. He did not compare the two. Obviously drivers of different eras need slightly different capabilities and will also have completely different characters. In this day and age the cream rises faster because drivers mature at an earlier time. Still I think that Seb Vettel is extremely experienced for his age. At 23 years old he is F1 champion and has driven for three different F1 teams. He has already 15 poles, won 10 GPs and has multiple GP wins at venues like Abu Dhabi. He was voted the hottest property on the grid last winter by the team principals. I say the guy is going to have a splendid career. He is a very hot marketing property representing the biggest regular national F1 TV audience and a country that is absolutely mad about cars with three of the most prestigious manufacturers.

#17 marcoferrari

marcoferrari

• 2,008 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 22:55

"I am a very lucky man, because at the start of my career and now at the end I have been touched by perfection," Giorgio Ascanelli claims. While it sounds very Italian and a bit melodramatic, I understand what Giorgio is saying. I hold him in high esteem after having seen how he worked with Senna, and these words are surely well chosen. Ascanelli is surely not a man over the top with his statements, so this one bears even more weight.

Having seen the race long duel between Vettel and Alonso in Singapore I must say though, that that was as close to perfection as you can get (minus the little slip Alonso had at the restart after the safety car period).

So what does everyone here on the BB think? Vettel as a good as Senna?

Ascanelli is saying this for third time now... (Maybe every month? :p) And he could be right, because Vettel has also quite a lot of technical problems, as Senna had... :)

#18 mtknot

mtknot

• 1,206 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 22:56

All vettel needs is just the experience to develop his racecraft, thats all he lacks at the moment. Getting pole all the time wont help that :p.

#19 Mandzipop

Mandzipop
  • RC Forum Host

• 5,146 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 23:09

I remember the interview in F1 mag after Vettel joined STR. I dont actually have the mag as I have thrown it away, but I was interested at the time as I was following Vettel. So obviously I cant give the source, but it was along the lines of he has the same mindset and approach that Senna had. He stopped short of give a direct comparison, but he did say he will be WDC. It is almost the original article. He also in that article mentioned braking points (strangely I cant forget that article :confused: ). It was a case of the subtle hint that he is similar but he wouldn't actually say it. That is how I read it at the time.

Basically, the interview is almost word for word of what he said before with a bit tagged on at the end with hindsight.

Advertisement

#20 Paul Prost

Paul Prost

• 774 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 23:09

Right, so does this mean that Webber is as good as Prost?

#21 Mandzipop

Mandzipop
  • RC Forum Host

• 5,146 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 23:15

Right, so does this mean that Webber is as good as Prost?

Well there is a similarity of barging each other off the grid. Open words of war. The young gun against the more experienced driver. The driver you expect to get pole position. The media player.

This is sounding familiar, but at the time I was more interested in what Mansell could do, so I couldn't give a stuff about the Senna/Prost rivalry. No internet those days and I was busy studying for mock exams.

So I cant compare.

#22 Curt000

Curt000

• 207 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 23:28

Here we go!! Bla Bla Bla . Senna was one of a kind! Nobody will match that guy he drove when f1 was hardcore! Vettel is bloody quick but doesn't compare to senna sorry.

#23 sejanus

sejanus

• 457 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 23:31

The difference is senna can overtake.

#24 tohru222

tohru222

• 109 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 23:52

Vettel as good as Senna!? Is this some sort of a bad joke or something? :down:

#25 DarthWillie

DarthWillie

• 2,559 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 23:52

you mean he drove cars in which you can overtake :p

#26 BennyJohnson

BennyJohnson

• 656 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 00:26

No offence to anyone discussing this, but we really can't say much about Vettel's Racecraft and skill as a driver, because we don't know.

The teams have a lot more in the way of information than we do, and there is a reason Vettel is rated so highly among the teams and drivers, just like Alonso.

If you looked at Alonso's season this year, a fair few would say "he was good, but he wasn't special" yet all the drivers (including Hamilton) say he's the best driver on the grid.

Obviously, I don't and can't compare Vettel to Senna. 2 totally different periods, but I will say, Vettel is going to be something special.

He's going to be a driver that we look back on 15 years from now and compare the good driver's of that era too.

I think you can't judge someone by how he acts, but by how he reacts, and thats exactly what Vettel did to win this title, he was having poor races, he was hot headed, and he lost his cool and made mistakes, and we saw at the end of the season, he calmed himself down, he became more calculated behind the wheel of the car, and he should have won the last 4 races, but winning 3 of them was enough.

#27 slideways

slideways

• 3,395 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 01:00

I see where you are coming from, and while it surely smells a little bit of tabloid journalism (the title statement not being represented in the actual interview) the Italian way of saying:"I am a very lucky man, because at the start of my career and now at the end I have been touched by perfection," makes it pretty clear that Ascanelli feels that way.

I´ve lived in Italy for over a year, and trust me, that´s Italian for "as good as" - and Ascanelli is usually not lightly chosing his words. So I am impressed to say the least.

It means that twice in his career he has come across very special drivers, he never compared them to each other and decided that Vettel was better which is what the headline suggests.

#28 ViMaMo

ViMaMo

• 6,513 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 01:42

Why does no one say X is as good as Prost? So they are already as good as Piquet, Mansell or Prost?

#29 HAM

HAM

• 531 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 01:49

:up:

Alonso and Hamilton showed they can overtake and are complete drivers with lots of more talent. Vettel tries to overtake but struggled a lot and that while he drove the supercar: Malaysia, Silverstone (with trouble he could overtake some midfielders), Instanbul (360 during overtake) Spa (overtake crash on Jense) and some more.

Vettel was just lucky to have the best F1 car of the last decade with 200% griplevel, even Webber was almost WDC. That showed how good the RB6 was. Without the mech. issues the RB6 would prob. have been the best F1 car ever. :rolleyes:

Vettel is a great driver and yes he is fast when he drives on front (just like Massa), but in my opinion he is (at the moment) not a complete driver yet and is far behind the level of Senna or other legend diver. I rate him on the same level as Rosberg and think Hamilton, Alonso and Kubica are the most talented drivers of the current F1 field. :cool:

Edited by HAM, 19 November 2010 - 01:50.

#30 teejay

teejay

• 6,129 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 01:51

Maybe he meant Bruno?

Sorry Seb, thats not very nice to you.

#31 HAM

HAM

• 531 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 01:58

Maybe he meant Bruno?

Sorry Seb, thats not very nice to you.

:rotfl: Seb will still laugh for having won the WDC though. :stoned:

#32 JosTheBoss

JosTheBoss

• 571 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 02:05

reflects well on Webber...

#33 VicR

VicR

• 1,965 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 02:37

I don't know if Sebastian is as good as Ayrton but I would love if he raced for Ferrari one day when Alonso's time is up. Alonso is old news anyway.

Sebastian Vettel looks like the future of F1, with OR without the best car/package. He's better than Michael at Michael's age at the time. Can he build a team around him like Michael? Time will tell. I DOUBT it but on the other hand I believe he's faster and that might even out the politics.

Remember when he won Monza in the rain? People were just shaking their heads in disbelief. Well...doubters...he MIGHT be the REAL DEAL.

Soon LdM's and Alonso's time will be over (two years tops). Sebastian for the future? Baby Jesus!

Edited by VicR, 19 November 2010 - 02:55.

#34 WhiteBlue

WhiteBlue

• 2,188 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 02:48

Alonso and Hamilton showed they can overtake and are complete drivers with lots of more talent. Vettel tries to overtake but struggled a lot and that while he drove the supercar: Malaysia, Silverstone (with trouble he could overtake some midfielders), Instanbul (360 during overtake) Spa (overtake crash on Jense) and some more.

Vettel was just lucky to have the best F1 car of the last decade with 200% griplevel, even Webber was almost WDC. That showed how good the RB6 was. Without the mech. issues the RB6 would prob. have been the best F1 car ever.

Vettel is a great driver and yes he is fast when he drives on front (just like Massa), but in my opinion he is (at the moment) not a complete driver yet and is far behind the level of Senna or other legend diver. I rate him on the same level as Rosberg and think Hamilton, Alonso and Kubica are the most talented drivers of the current F1 field. :cool:

Not a convincing argument. Hamilton had his fair share of collisions. In Silverstone he tried a move on Webber in the first corner and took out Seb in the process although I don't blame him, but that was the net result. Vettel's recovery was well done. He passed a lot of cars with great committment including Schumacher and both Force Indias which were pretty hard to take at Silverstone.

In Monza Hamilton tried a pass on Massa and took himself out. In Singapore he tangled with Webber who was similarly aggressive and DNFed. I do not see much beween Hamilton and Vettel in terms of botched up passes. Hamilton had more opportunity to pass and is probably the more experienced passer in an F1 car but that is natural considering he has his seat longer.

The Turkey collision was most likely a result of a miscommunication. I can't prove it but the hand gesture by Vettel made it quite clear that he did not expect the result of that pass and thought something was crazy. These things happen when both drivers have different informations what is going to happen. Spa was a genuine accident where Vettel lost control but it was compounded by a wet track, bumps and a front wing that had an extreme and unexplored aerodynamic behavior. Sure it was Vettel's mistake but such mistakes can happen under special circumstances and a lot of pressure. Other champions did similar mistakes as I said already.

Edited by WhiteBlue, 19 November 2010 - 02:55.

#35 gerry nassar

gerry nassar
  • RC Forum Host

• 10,912 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 03:33

Its a very rash statement. He has proved he is fast and good in the rain, but we are still to see his race craft shine through.
He's a worthy champion but time will tell on where he will stand among the greats.

Right now he is certainly behind Hamilton and Alonso among the current crop of drivers.

#36 Kelateboy

Kelateboy

• 7,032 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 03:42

10 years down the road we will be having the same conversation - whether Vettel is as good as Senna. The WDC will be shared among Vettel, Alonso and Hamilton for the next few years.

#37 Disgrace

Disgrace

• 31,245 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 04:34

Ascanelli is certainly in the best place to judge given his experiences with both drivers, so we can't immediately laugh it off just yet.

#38 teejay

teejay

• 6,129 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 04:52

Prost was one of the greatest races of all time - and Senna would smash him into the weeds in qualifying - 1 second plus was not uncommon.

Vettel has yet to do that to any team mate - 0.00012323342 of a second against Mark who, without being rude, probably wont be remembered as a great doesnt give a shining reflection on Sebs raw talent.

No doubt he is GOOD - but lets not get too excited yet.

#39 Birelman

Birelman

• 2,537 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 05:04

Don't know about as good as Senna, but he's definitely extremely talented.

He will grow a lot in the off season as Champion, so, we have yet to see a lot from him. I guess time will tell, if he keeps going like this he has a chance at braking even Schumacher's records with as young as he is, imagine if he can race another 10 seasons he will still be only 33. As the anti-Schumacher that I am, I would dearly love to see this. Even if he can manage something like that, it still wouldn't mean he's as good as Senna, but if he is this good, with his youth, popularity, and great cars, what could stop him?

Good times ahead :up:

Advertisement

#40 RiDE

RiDE

• 1,027 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 05:59

Blah blah blah... Jan Magnussen was supposed to be the next Senna. :drunk:

#41 JosTheBoss

JosTheBoss

• 571 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 06:04

Remember when he won Monza in the rain? People were just shaking their heads in disbelief. Well...doubters...he MIGHT be the REAL DEAL.

Everytime I hear someone quoting Monza 2008 as some kind of evidence of Vettel's 'greatness', I just about throw up.

STR had the A-spec Ferrari engine from a race or two before Italy because Ferrari wanted their only competitive customer team to start taking points off McLaren as the title fight was getting close. The difference between the A-spec factory Ferrari engine and the B-spec customer engine was rumoured at the time to be as much as 30hp, hence suddenly the STR went from being the poor cousin of the Red Bull RB4 to some kind of uber-jet in a straight line - Bourdais qualified 4th for crying out loud! Does everybody forget that little snippet of pertinent information? :drunk:

Sure, Vettel did a great job to bring the car home in mixed conditions as a young guy, BUT

* Kovalainen held everyone back behind him
* Vettel had no spray in his face!

By the time he pitted, the track was dry enough for slicks, he had a huge lead, and he just carried on to the victory.

It was a good win based on an excellent low-fuel strategy from Ascanelli to take advantage of the car's speed, but making it out like it was some kind of Senna-like drive is just shite. :rolleyes: Like pretty much every one of Vettel's wins, he didnt need to overtake anybody except for when they had to jump out of the way for him.

Edited by JosTheBoss, 19 November 2010 - 06:08.

#42 seahawk

seahawk

• 3,132 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 06:19

On the other hand the RBR were not know to be cars that are especially good at over taking. The lost a lot of their efficiency in the turbulence behind another car and lacked KERS and the F-Duct for at least some time. Having a car that is quick through the corners but rather average on the straights does not help overtaking. When facing similar problems against the Renaults in the last Race neither Telfonso nor Hamilton did shine.

#43 klyster

klyster

• 5,738 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 06:26

Maybe he meant Bruno?

:rotfl:

Anyway, I'd like to see a little more chase and pass from Sebastian before the Senna comparisons start, there's no doubt he has talent, but I do believe he was flattered by his car somewhat......

#44 JosTheBoss

JosTheBoss

• 571 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 06:34

Need I also mention that the 2008 Italian Grand Prix also started behind the Safety Car - Vettel didnt even need to get off the line cleanly.

#45 sanjiro

sanjiro

• 1,895 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 06:40

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Got to love F1 forums.

SV = to Senna

But MW rated below JB :rotfl: :rotfl:

So in the 0.09s gap between SV and MW we have to fit FA LH JB FM RK and probably NR

Lets wait a little till we proclaim SV as good as AS and people should give a little more thought to where they rate MW if they wish to consider SV in such lofty company

Edited by sanjiro, 19 November 2010 - 06:42.

#46 BCM

BCM

• 1,964 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 06:44

Not a convincing argument. Hamilton had his fair share of collisions. In Silverstone he tried a move on Webber in the first corner and took out Seb in the process although I don't blame him, but that was the net result. Vettel's recovery was well done. He passed a lot of cars with great committment including Schumacher and both Force Indias which were pretty hard to take at Silverstone.

Vettel had some impressive drives this year but I don't think Silverstone was one of them. Until the safety car came up he wasn't even really catching the back markers at any great rate of knots. I was watching his position on the iPad F1 2010 app during the race. In fact at one point it looked like Webber was going to lap him.

It was like a switch was flicked when the safety car grouped them up again though. Suddenly he was interested in racing again. I remember thinking it was very strange behaviour at the time.

Who knows if he is as good as Senna. Certainly he's shown he's a good qualifier which he shares in common with Senna. Although we've yet to see him out qualify his team mate by 2 seconds in the same car as Senna did to Prost at Monaco in 1988.

I think he's certainly an agressive racer as we saw in Spa with his attempt to overtake Button and in Malaysia where he opportuntistically snuck under Webber's car at turn 1. I think he seems to share in common with Hamilton and Alonso in the current crop of racers the ability to stick his car up someones tailpipe for lap after lap. So he shares those characteristics with Senna.

I'd argue that in fact in some senses the passes that he has made this year, such as in the Silverstone race, where very reminiscent of Senna in that he tried to intimidate people out of his way. He didn't glad hand them.

Is he as single minded though? I'm sure all the guys who've been following F1 since the late 80s like I have would have heard the stories of Senna bailing engineers up at 11pm in the evening in the foyer of hotels to go through his laps that day in excrutiating detail. Is this the sort of monomania that Vettel possesses? I have no idea on that one.

Irrespective Vettel was undoubtedly the quickest package this year and was deservedly champion in the end. As an Aussie I was rooting for Webber to win, but it wasn't to be. Sadly he's just that fraction slower I think. I think our best chance for an Aussie WDC rests with the RBR reserve driver.

Edited by BCM, 19 November 2010 - 06:51.

#47 gaston_foix

gaston_foix

• 2,678 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 07:05

He is not even the best driver on the grid right now. So how to be equal to the best ever?

#48 ensign14

ensign14

• 61,753 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 07:15

In Monza Hamilton tried a pass on Massa and took himself out. In Singapore he tangled with Webber who was similarly aggressive and DNFed. I do not see much beween Hamilton and Vettel in terms of botched up passes. Hamilton had more opportunity to pass and is probably the more experienced passer in an F1 car but that is natural considering he has his seat longer.

Hamilton has never taken anyone else out when overtaking. Anyone who thinks that he was at fault for Singapore is deluded.

#49 unoc

unoc

• 109 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 08:28

Everytime I hear someone quoting Monza 2008 as some kind of evidence of Vettel's 'greatness', I just about throw up.

STR had the A-spec Ferrari engine from a race or two before Italy because Ferrari wanted their only competitive customer team to start taking points off McLaren as the title fight was getting close. The difference between the A-spec factory Ferrari engine and the B-spec customer engine was rumoured at the time to be as much as 30hp, hence suddenly the STR went from being the poor cousin of the Red Bull RB4 to some kind of uber-jet in a straight line - Bourdais qualified 4th for crying out loud! Does everybody forget that little snippet of pertinent information? :drunk:

Sure, Vettel did a great job to bring the car home in mixed conditions as a young guy, BUT

* Kovalainen held everyone back behind him
* Vettel had no spray in his face!

By the time he pitted, the track was dry enough for slicks, he had a huge lead, and he just carried on to the victory.

It was a good win based on an excellent low-fuel strategy from Ascanelli to take advantage of the car's speed, but making it out like it was some kind of Senna-like drive is just shite. :rolleyes: Like pretty much every one of Vettel's wins, he didnt need to overtake anybody except for when they had to jump out of the way for him.

was about post this, but you just did and did very well... great post.

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Got to love F1 forums.

SV = to Senna

But MW rated below JB :rotfl: :rotfl:

So in the 0.09s gap between SV and MW we have to fit FA LH JB FM RK and probably NR

Lets wait a little till we proclaim SV as good as AS and people should give a little more thought to where they rate MW if they wish to consider SV in such lofty company

I know.. it is a bit weird...

I was just thinking, vettel has only raced in the same car
Bourdais - who was dropped... from the jr team... for a rookie mid season... when there was testing to help the rookie make the most of the season...
Webber - vettel is around half of one tenth faster in quali averaged and is slightly better overall in the points for two years of competition.

I like webber and think he is definately in with a chance for WDC next year, but I wouldn't put him on par with prost or senna or even raikkonen or alonso or hamilton.

If vettel truely is senna then Webber is probably a prost, or given the last season, maybe somewher between a senna and a prost.

I fail to see how this couold be remotely tryue, maybe he's just having delusions after not winning in a while...

BCM, infact the closest we have seen to one of the red bull's out qualify the other by 2 seconds was Mark Webber out qualifying vettel in malaysia with tyrechoice by 1.5 seconds

#50 BCM

BCM

• 1,964 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 08:31

BCM, infact the closest we have seen to one of the red bull's out qualify the other by 2 seconds was Mark Webber out qualifying vettel in malaysia with tyrechoice by 1.5 seconds

I guess that's correct, although really that was circumstances playing into Webber's hands. Senna's job on Prost was done without weather playing a part. Was just outright pace.