Minardi after 2005

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 HistoryFan

HistoryFan

• 7,844 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 15:41

Hello,

After the Minardi team was bought by Red Bull and formed to Toro Rosso, the team was still racing in other series:

2006 Giancarlo Minardi and his son Giovanni Minardi join forces with GP Racing for European F3000: Minardi by GP Racing was formed. The team bought Piquet Sports in 2007 and enter GP2: Minardi Piquet Sports was founded. After one year Minardi withdraw from the team and since 2010 the team is called Rapax. Why did Minardi withdraw from GP Racing?

Giovanni Minardi also was team manager with Scuderia Playteam, which earned two wins in Formula Superleague. But now the team isn't yet existing. But Giovanni Minardi told me he wants to etablish a Minardi team which will run in Formula Superleague in 2011 - if the get green light by the organisators. Giovanni Minardi also manages drivers, for example two times Formula Superleague winner Davide Rigon.

Minardi also was engaged in Asia as they partnership Mark Goddard's team (Minardi Goodard/ Minardi team Asia). Why not longer?

Paul Stoddard also re-named Minardi in IndyCar when he joined forces with HVM by Keith Wiggins. Robert Doornbos was very successfull for Minardi Team USA but after one year, Stoddart withdraw from HVM. He wanted to come back in Formula One, but that failed, as the FIA choose Prodrive as 12th team for 2008.

Stoddard also etablished a team which runs Minardi two seaters.

Have I forgot anything?

Will we see a Minardi team in future again?

Advertisement

#2 MCS

MCS

• 4,700 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 20:44

I have no wish to be rude because I assume this is going to be another of those threads where you talk to yourself for months on end with back to back posts interspersed with all manner of other nonsense.

But what actual relevance does this have to The Nostalgia Forum?

#3 HistoryFan

HistoryFan

• 7,844 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 08:36

Giovanni now is involved in WSbR with BVM-Target.

And I think that topic is TNF because the team is historic.

#4 TIPO61

TIPO61

• 598 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 20:52

Instantly proving MCS' point.

Edited by TIPO61, 10 June 2011 - 20:55.

#5 E1pix

E1pix

• 23,464 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 21:11

I recall Minardi very fondly, and was a real admirer of Pierluigi Martini. That guy could really pedal, in the days when one could still be a top 10 runner with lessened funding. If memory serves, Minardi gave Christian Fittipaldi his start in F1 when like 20 or so, a family I admire and Christian a really nice guy when I got to spend time with him in 2007.... so I applaud everything about the little team from Italia.

I watched the team live, with great interest at Indy in 2000-2002, with Mark Webber as the one standout who moved up admirably from Minardi's debut of him. I'd love to see the team back but something tells me they're gone forever.

HistoryFan, how this doesn't qualify as Nostalgia is beyond me. Is this not a public BB where freedom of thought is allowed? Am I missing something? The constant suggestions on here that people can't speak freely have me wondering if I belong here at all.... I live in a free country under constant attack like this, so am particularly sensitive to this.

I hope your Thread is successful and ongoing! :up:

#6 pizzakrap

pizzakrap

• 15 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 04:19

have to agree 100 % while i am a relative newbie and dont contribute very often this is a public forum and anyone is free to choose to post what they want within the guidelines set by the moderators. if you cant say anything positive then dont say anything at all is a good rule to live by. I personaly enjoy the enthusiam that history fan brings to the board and while his style may not be for everyone you are under no obligation to read his posts let alone criticise them just move along to the posts that are your cup of tea.
Now that my rants over in my opinion f1 misses the likes of minardi, larousse, even ossella and coloni and personally i found it more interesting rooting for these teams especially when they did well (martini on the 2nd row of the grid for example) than watching those red and white cars out front week after week and then hearing there drivers complain about how hard life was for them.
Heres wishing all the best to lotus. hrt, and virgin and i hope you punch above you follow in minardis footsteps and punch well above your weight.
keep up the enthusiasm h.f and dont let anyone tell you how to post mate.

I recall Minardi very fondly, and was a real admirer of Pierluigi Martini. That guy could really pedal, in the days when one could still be a top 10 runner with lessened funding. If memory serves, Minardi gave Christian Fittipaldi his start in F1 when like 20 or so, a family I admire and Christian a really nice guy when I got to spend time with him in 2007.... so I applaud everything about the little team from Italia.

I watched the team live, with great interest at Indy in 2000-2002, with Mark Webber as the one standout who moved up admirably from Minardi's debut of him. I'd love to see the team back but something tells me they're gone forever.

HistoryFan, how this doesn't qualify as Nostalgia is beyond me. Is this not a public BB where freedom of thought is allowed? Am I missing something? The constant suggestions on here that people can't speak freely have me wondering if I belong here at all.... I live in a free country under constant attack like this, so am particularly sensitive to this.

I hope your Thread is successful and ongoing! :up:

#7 Formula Once

Formula Once

• 868 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 12:44

I have no wish to be rude because I assume this is going to be another of those threads where you talk to yourself for months on end with back to back posts interspersed with all manner of other nonsense.

Looks like so far you have posted the only nonsense in this thread.

If you have no wish to be rude then just dont be.

#8 MCS

MCS

• 4,700 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 14:47

If you have no wish to be rude then just dont be.

I wasn't rude (last November).

I merely questioned the nostalgic aspect of an opening post that refers back to just 2006 - recent history in my opinion - and then talks about the future...