• 616 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 06:14

Perhaps "ronmac" could tell us about Ron McPhail's racing days

Advertisement

#2 ronmac

ronmac

• 825 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 11:52

:rotfl: THANK YOU PETER..i ll have to have a think..what with all these years behind me..and grey hair..and careful use of jim beam !!! must rack my brains ..ron.

#3 ronmac

ronmac

• 825 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 01:11

:rotfl: My interest in motoring began when i was 10..at ashburton..n.z...there was a motor cycle scramble down in the river bed.am ongst the gorse and broom bushes..up and down banks..one poor guy finished up in the barbed wire fence and badly damaged the family jewells !! Since then i have been lucky to compete in many motoring events but not without the help of murray baker..paul kirk..warner collins..murray campbell..milligan brothers..dave craw..the netherby garage gang..as i was not a very competant mechanic..!! I have enjoyed my motor racing..which included stock cars..scramble cars..micro midgets..speedway midgets..stock rods..hill climbs..sprints..silver fern rally..bitumen circuits..long distance production car racing..also was a keen spectator at indy 500 races..world of outlaw sprint cars..usac midgets..15 nascar races..ascot sprints.midgets.and figure 8 races..and still follow as much motor sport that i can fit in..v8s..world series sprints..f1..sports..aussie muscle car masters..indy..classic cars...all in all motoring and motor racing must have more followers than any other sport....ron..

#4 Peter Leversedge

Peter Leversedge

• 616 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 05:41

Ron has asked me to let the members know that have taken part in his "ronmac" quiz that he is having problems with his link to the forum as as soon as he gets it sorted he will be back online