• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 mariner

mariner

• 2,334 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 13:59

On the Autosport home page

http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/88616

Any comments on the black and gold? - mine are probably not repeatable!

I wonder if the sucessors to the Players cigarette brand could sue for IP enfringement??

Advertisement

#2 Lee Towers

Lee Towers

• 51 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 14:18

Im not a fan of the Lotus name returning the way it did in 2010.

Does anyone else maybe think by sponsering Renault, Lotus Cars are just reminding Lotus Racing (or Team Lotus as they now call themselves), who the real Lotus are, by not letting the only Lotus name in F1 be the Malaysian outfit?

As far as I understood it Lotus Cars was associated with Team Lotus when Team Lotus was active....

#3 Ross Stonefeld

Ross Stonefeld

• 70,106 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 15:45

It does echo JPS, but it's too generic a design for any copyright infringement. It'd be another story if you tried running the Martini livery though.

#4 hyperbolica

hyperbolica

• 132 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 16:05

It looks great, with the exception of the red rear wing end plates. Can't see any reason why this black/gold combo would be any "IP" or copyright protected.

#5 Formula Once

Formula Once

• 868 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 16:48

It looks great, with the exception of the red rear wing end plates. Can't see any reason why this black/gold combo would be any "IP" or copyright protected.

Next thing you know the team owners will start wearing black hats...

#6 Rob

Rob

• 9,223 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 16:50

Next thing you know the team owners will start wearing black hats...

The Chapman family gave Colin's hat to Tony Fernandes' team, who have it on display in the factory.

#7 kayemod

kayemod

• 9,588 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 17:10

The Chapman family gave Colin's hat to Tony Fernandes' team, who have it on display in the factory.

Strictly speaking, that should read 'one of Colin's hats', he got through an awful lot of them over the Team years. Tony Fernandes has said that his ACBC original travels with him to each event, and if Team Mk 2 ever win a race, he's going to personally throw that hat into the air as the winning car crosses the line, which will no doubt attract draconian sanctions from the FIA.

#8 jj2728

jj2728

• 2,966 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 17:12

I liked it when I first woke up this morning, then waited to see if my perception would change AFTER having woke up with said cups of coffee in the system and I still like it. I'm lucky enough (as many others here) to have seen race in anger the Lotus green and yellow, and the GLTL/JPS liveries and I happen to think THIS, unlike the 2010 car which just didn't do it for me, is a decent transition into the 21st century. I honestly never thought I'd be saying such a thing, but there you have it. Now, I wonder if we'll ever see it on the grid in 2011.

#9 kayemod

kayemod

• 9,588 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 17:18

It may take a year or two, but the way that Group Lotus and Tony Fernandes' fortunes are going, down and up respectively, it's not too great a stretch of the imagination to see Tony F fielding both Lotus teams eventually, in much the same way as Dieter Mateschitz did with Red Bull & Toro Rosso.

#10 macoran

macoran

• 3,989 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 17:21

Watch it ! you'll be upsetting a couple of grumpy chaps who posted on The Old colour schemes- New Lotus thread

#11 kayemod

kayemod

• 9,588 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 17:39

Watch it ! you'll be upsetting a couple of grumpy chaps who posted on The Old colour schemes- New Lotus thread

I'm not Grumpy, but I am a bit Sneezy at the moment.

#12 macoran

macoran

• 3,989 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 18:30

Tissue !!!

#13 colinsays

colinsays

• 139 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 13:53

I donĀ“t like that black and gold livery...it is a silly dispute two team choosing same racing colours
Lotus (Group Lotus) should have chose traditional green and yellow livey (similar to the INDY fake "Lotus") that match with Renault and Lotus
At IMPERIAL TOBACCO, they must be very happy ....4 F1 cars wearing its colours TOTALLY FREE!!!!!

#14 Risil

Risil
  • Administrator

• 61,738 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 21:53

It does echo JPS, but it's too generic a design for any copyright infringement. It'd be another story if you tried running the Martini livery though.

It's a lot more blatant than Ferrari/Ducati's Marlboro branding though. :D