Photo

searching for more info on Alois Plattner.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Cstonerfan

Cstonerfan

• 48 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 00:39

I am looking for information on my wife's grand father Alois Plattner who was born in Innsbruck 30-4-1902.
He competed in Motorcycle racing and was a very good friend of some of the big stars of that era.
Due to circumstanses we do know very little of "Loisl" as he was called in the family.
Hans Stuck sen. was a very good friend and even a buisness partner during and after his divorce of Paula von Resnicek a Tennis champion of that time.
I include the scans I have of his MC riding and hope someone can tell me more, lots more!
I raced Formula Vee and HQ in West Australia under the Plattner Racing banner in Honour of ALois Plattner.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Cstonerfan, 18 December 2010 - 00:45.

Advertisement

#2 billbomann

billbomann

• 87 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 19:28

I am looking for information on my wife's grand father Alois Plattner who was born in Innsbruck 30-4-1902.

Alois would appear to have been a trials rider; some of the pictures appear to be from International Six Days Trials. Could I suggest that you resend your request through:
http://www.speedtrac....uk/index2.html
A site specifically for ISDT memories.

#3 Cstonerfan

Cstonerfan

• 48 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 01:41

Alois would appear to have been a trials rider; some of the pictures appear to be from International Six Days Trials. Could I suggest that you resend your request through:
http://www.speedtrac....uk/index2.html
A site specifically for ISDT memories.

Thank you for your reply, but he was not a trails rider only according to what I am being told.
He competed in Bergen rennen etc.
He was a mechanic/friend of Ferdinant Porsche and Hans Stuck sen.
Worked, it is alleged, as a Mechanic/test driver for Ferdinandt while he was in charge of the racing teams (Auto Union) and helped with the development of the "Volkswagen" project.
At the moment I have 2 of his Daughters over, both are well in their 80tish and trying to get more info from them is fun and games.
It seems that Swarovski lived at his house for nearly 6 mnds after the war till he found him a small place in the mountains.
Same with the wife of the owner of AG Farben fame.
And in a similair way did he try to help Ferdinandt Porsche and many other people after the war.