Photo

Help GG

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Graham Gauld

Graham Gauld

• 1,221 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 10:37

As I am in the thankless task of properly filing my black and white negatives there are some photos for which I need confirmation as to the subect.

Am I correct in assuming the photo below taken at Rest and Be Thankfull hill climb in the late 1950s is of Reg Phillips in the Farley Special with the Climax engine.
For the record I will return to this "Help GG" post when I am stuck with other photos.

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Advertisement

#2 Stephen W

Stephen W

• 15,555 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 09:25

As I am in the thankless task of properly filing my black and white negatives there are some photos for which I need confirmation as to the subect.

Am I correct in assuming the photo below taken at Rest and Be Thankfull hill climb in the late 1950s is of Reg Phillips in the Farley Special with the Climax engine.
For the record I will return to this "Help GG" post when I am stuck with other photos.

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Wasn't the Reg Phillips car the Fairley Special?

#3 Allan Lupton

Allan Lupton

• 4,051 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 09:30

Wasn't the Reg Phillips car the Fairley Special?

Yes and IIRC the Climax-engined one was a modified F3 Cooper (with engine still transverse driving through the original gearbox) and the rear suspension has not a Cooper look to it.

#4 David McKinney

David McKinney

• 14,156 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 09:36

Chris Summers was the Farley Special driver

#5 Graham Gauld

Graham Gauld

• 1,221 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 08:21

Chris Summers was the Farley Special driver

Thanks David I always get the Fairly and the Farley mixed up.

GG

#6 Geoff E

Geoff E

• 1,523 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 08:32

Two quotes from the MAC centenary book "Ton Up"-

Tony Griffiths - " ... Chris Summers in the fearsome supercharged Farley Special which he appeared to sit on rather than in ..."

Tony Marsh - " ... Chris Summers would be in, or was it on, the front of Dr Farley's supercharged V-twin JAP engined special."