Photo

Cisitalia Biposto photos

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 kiwi a110

kiwi a110

• 43 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 08:26

Can anyone provide links to any pictures of the 2 seater Cisitalia? These later became the Abarth Cisitalia 204.
It is my (unconfirmed) belief that there were a number of these open cars, before the 202 versions, but I want to find as much information as may be out there.
Thanks in anticipation!

Edited by kiwi a110, 30 December 2010 - 08:26.

Advertisement

#2 kiwi a110

kiwi a110

• 43 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 18:16

Have you access to the 'Cisitalia Catalogue Raisonné 1945-1965' by Nino Balestra and Cesare De Agostini (published by Automobilia in 1991)?

Sadly I do not, I am trying to find a copy at a "reasonable" price!

#3 GIGLEUX

GIGLEUX

• 1,519 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 19:40

Sadly I do not, I am trying to find a copy at a "reasonable" price!

All depends what you mean by "reasonable price"! I think it is at 89.99 at Chaters or Motor book, approx the price when published in 1994.

#4 JB Miltonian

JB Miltonian

• 548 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 19:55

The Giorgio Nada "Abarth" book has a few pictures of the 204A Biposto in Cisitalia markings, before the cars were handed over to Abarth. The text says that Abarth acquired a D46 single-seater, two 204A roadsters, and "two other cars under construction".

#5 kiwi a110

kiwi a110

• 43 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 05:18

Thanks for the heads up with Motor Books and Chaters. The prices on Ebay when it comes up are many times this. Have ordered. And thanks to Simon for his work!

#6 Graham Gauld

Graham Gauld

• 1,221 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 10:42

I assume this is the model you are talking about. This 294A is the car owned by the late Count Vittorio Zanon which I photographed at his collection. The car was in complete running order and Vittorio was very pround of it. I do not know what happened to it after he died about ten years ago of cancer.
The four photos show engine, cockpit etc.

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#7 kiwi a110

kiwi a110

• 43 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 18:39

I assume this is the model you are talking about. This 294A is the car owned by the late Count Vittorio Zanon which I photographed at his collection. The car was in complete running order and Vittorio was very pround of it. I do not know what happened to it after he died about ten years ago of cancer.
The four photos show engine, cockpit etc.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Interesting! If you don't mind a small correction type is 204 (not 294). Still interesting as every other photo I have seen shows the Abarth Squadra cars with the Posrche trailing arm type front suspension! This one appears to have the Topolino based front end? or am I not seeing enough of the detail.
It is my belief that there were a number of these type of cars with differing bodies, how many? there is a question indeed. Giacosa who designed the original which became the D46 and the biposto version of that car sent those drawings down here to NZ in the mid to late 80s. The 204 was a simplified version of the Giacosa chassis as was the 202.
Thanks for the pictures, all useful information.

Edited by kiwi a110, 31 December 2010 - 18:43.