Photo

Track & Traffic magazine

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Ralf Pickel

Ralf Pickel

• 622 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 18:10

I did not know about the existence of that magazine...
Well, as on my other postings I am looking for a possible Formula Junior report in issue

1.4.1961 P. 42

Any help would be highly appreciated ! Thank you all in advance.

Ralf

Advertisement

#2 David Birchall

David Birchall

• 3,291 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 21:51

Ralf, I sold my collection of Canada T&T to Wilkinsons books here in Vancouver a few months ago-that copy would have been in it. I suggest you contact them-www.eautomobilia.com

#3 Ralf Pickel

Ralf Pickel

• 622 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 07:41

David - thank you for that - I will get in contact.

Ralf

#4 Manfred Cubenoggin

Manfred Cubenoggin

• 976 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 11:47

Perhaps I'm mistaken but I do believe that someone over on the Canadian Motor Sport History Group scanned all issues of CT&T and put them on disk.

Worth a shot I would think. Google them up! :)

#5 Ralf Pickel

Ralf Pickel

• 622 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 14:13

Good idea - I will !

Ralf

#6 J. Scott Morris

J. Scott Morris

• 38 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 03:26

Good Day; Please give specific reference [year, month, page] and name of the article you are seeking. I have copies of all the Canada Track & Traffic magazines and the DVD as well. I will see about scanning the articles you want.
--Scott Morris; Simcoe, Ontario, Canada

#7 Ralf Pickel

Ralf Pickel

• 622 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 08:40

Good Day; Please give specific reference [year, month, page] and name of the article you are seeking. I have copies of all the Canada Track & Traffic magazines and the DVD as well. I will see about scanning the articles you want.

Scott - hello and thank you for that offer.
The only real reference I have is the date of the issue and the page number:
Date is April 1. (hoprfully no joke..), page 42.
The reference is from FIA papers of a Formula Junior Lotus 20, so I assume it should have something to do with that car, or the driver/owner, whose name was Reg Armstrong.

If you could find anything that would be a big help.

Thank you in advance for anything.

Ralf

#8 J. Scott Morris

J. Scott Morris

• 38 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 22:21

Scott - hello and thank you for that offer. The only real reference I have is the date of the issue and the page number: Date is April 1. (hopefully no joke..), page 42. The reference is from FIA papers of a Formula Junior Lotus 20, so I assume it should have something to do with that car, or the driver/owner, whose name was Reg Armstrong. If you could find anything that would be a big help. Thank you in advance for anything. Ralf

Hello Ralf; Starting on page 14 of the Canada Track & Traffic, March 1961 issue is a two page staff article regarding the Lotus 20 Formula Junior. I have made a pdf file of it. Please forward your email address to jstmorris [at] yahoo.com and I will send a copy.

#9 R.W. Mackenzie

R.W. Mackenzie

• 373 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 01:41

Hi Scott,

Are you the brother of Dave Morrris who raced Vees in the Ontario Region back in the late seventies?

Bob Mackenzie

#10 J. Scott Morris

J. Scott Morris

• 38 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 15:24

Hi Scott,

Are you the brother of Dave Morrris who raced Vees in the Ontario Region back in the late seventies?

Bob Mackenzie

Good Day Bob; I am the brother of Rick Morris who raced Vees in the 70's & 80's. He won the Ontario championship one year and headed to Westwood, BC for the national runoffs. During his racing years my role was basic gofer and wrench. One year I did share his car and obtained my novice licence. Even won my first race. But I never went any further for we only had one car and Rick was quite good. We had many good times at Shannonville and Mosport. My cousin, David Morris, did join us a number of times at Shannonville.

Good memories.

#11 R.W. Mackenzie

R.W. Mackenzie

• 373 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 21:38

Scott,

Oops, even as I was writing it "Dave Morris" didn't seem right but I was having a seniors moment. (Probably because I have friend named Dave who reminds me of Rick.) I raced a Kelly and recall your outings in Rick's car. Rick, Ed Law and I chummed around together while we were racing Vees. Last time I saw Rick was in the paddock at Mosport when I was running in Formula Ford (would have been in '81 or '82). How's he doing?

Ed Law lives in Thorold not too far from me so I still see him every once in a while.

You're very right, great memories.

Bob Mackenzie

#12 terry mcgrath

terry mcgrath

• 650 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 12:37

I am fortunate to have a full set from start to 1970 or so.
great magazine.
Certainly they were scanned but the discs appear to not work and presumably they are trying to find original scan material to reput onto discs
terry

Edited by terry mcgrath, 13 January 2011 - 12:38.