Mercedes 190 E 2.5-16 Evo II

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 GBarclay

GBarclay

• 178 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 23:07

Help please.

One of our customers is building a replica of the DTM Mercedes 190E 2.5-16 Evo II's. We have been asked to do the roll cage, suspension and other fabrication work.

To me, these were some of the best touring cars in some of the best touring races, so I am really keen to help out with this project.

The customer presented me with a model of the MB as driven by Keke Rosberg, in silver livery promoting the Olympics bid for 2000. this is the only detail of the roll cage work so far, and while searching the net I can find many pics of DTM cars of the era, I am struggling to find interior pics, especially roll cage pics.

we build roll cages for all sorts of on and off road race cars, so building a cage to the latest standards is not the issue, building a cage that replicates the cages of the era is what we want to accomplish. And i need some pics that show the details of the cages of that era of DTM to help us with this project.

Any chance that members of this esteemed forum have any track side or paddock pics of these cars.

Feel free to link or to send them my way

many thanks in advance

Grant

GBarclay at aol dot com

Advertisement

#2 RobertE

RobertE

• 292 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 14:22

I have the roadgoing version of the Evo 2 and it is simply magnificent. If you click on Mercedes 190.co.uk you will find a huge resource of both original and restored cars.

#3 Duc-Man

Duc-Man

• 1,394 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 14:39

I suggest you contact AMG (or maybe Matter) and ask them for the specs of the cage.
Pictures, no matter how good, won't show the whole thing.

#4 RobertE

RobertE

• 292 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 14:53

Another resource would be Thorsten Stadler. If you Google the name, you'll find his website. For some reason, I can't do the relevant links. Good luck with it!

#5 vekspeed

vekspeed

• 36 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 12:54

One of my photos here, not great for the roll cage itself, but hopefully it may be of some help.

Posted Image

#6 arttidesco

arttidesco

• 6,709 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 15:04

Tons of pics of a model being built and at least one pic of the inside of EVO II on this forum.

I love the EVO II probably my 2nd favourite Merc behind the GT1, only time I saw them race at Norisring in 2000 they were completely trounced by the Audi 200 Quattro's of Rorhl and Stuck IIRC.

Edited by arttidesco, 09 January 2011 - 15:04.

#7 Tim CH

Tim CH

• 53 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 20:14

...as Evo II fans you might like this hill climb video of my friend Reto. He owns 2 other original EVOII race cars.

http://www.meisel-mo...90v8-meisel.wmv

#8 GBarclay

GBarclay

• 178 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 17:40

thanks for the replies so far, much appreciated

I will try to keep the forum updated as the build progresses.

Grant