Craig McMartin Irving Vincent
TBA ? TBA...

New Zealand team yet to be announced........Game On ! :clap:

Advertisement

#2 LamboNZ

LamboNZ

• 1,390 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 20:54

Looks like you may have to get the leathers on then Glen, and have a Gallop, to make up the numbers ifor NZ!!

#3 LamboNZ

LamboNZ

• 1,390 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 20:57

The XR69 riders look like a force to be reconned with!
If you get to speak to Richard Peers-Jones, could you send him my contact details please, would be great to catch up.

Cheers Nigel

#4 GD66

GD66

• 2,237 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 23:13

Will do, mate. Won't be riding this year, but I'm whizzing over to do commentary : should be a ripper !

#5 GD66

GD66

• 2,237 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:51

The New Zealand team has been usurped by a squad of interlopers, rogues, vagabonds, gypsies, tramps and thieves entitled the Anzacs/World 13, and will comprise the following :

Glen Williams NZ TBA
Russell Keen NZ GSX1100
Richard Easton NSW GSX1100
Dave Crussell USA Kawasaki H1R
Lyle Chambers NZ Kawasaki H1R
Peter Mizzi Vic Honda CB1100R
Wayne Gow NSW Yamaha TZ750
Clive Warner Vic Zegers 560/3
Robert Marriner NSW Honda CB1100R
Phil Clarke NZ Suzuki GS1000
Glenn Crutchley Vic Kawasaki Z1000J
Glen Kelleher NSW Yamaha TZ350
Andrew MacDonald NZ Yamaha LC
Roger Gunn Vic Suzuki GS1000S
Paul Remaud France Suzuki GSX1100
Barry Ditchburn Vic Yamaha TZ750

and, according to Island management, still one mystery guest to be announced...

No doubt proceedings will be covered as races are completed on the timing website, www.computime.com.au for those far afield....weather forecast at this stage is for 25 deg both days. Waiting..... :rolleyes:

#6 ravenous25

ravenous25

• 243 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 09:27

Ryan and Jeremy flew out yesterday so should be there soon, if not already :)

#7 Robin127

Robin127

• 508 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 17:56

The New Zealand team has been usurped by a squad of interlopers, rogues, vagabonds, gypsies, tramps and thieves entitled the Anzacs/World 13, and will comprise the following :

Glen Williams NZ TBA
Russell Keen NZ GSX1100
Richard Easton NSW GSX1100
Dave Crussell USA Kawasaki H1R
Lyle Chambers NZ Kawasaki H1R
Peter Mizzi Vic Honda CB1100R
Wayne Gow NSW Yamaha TZ750
Clive Warner Vic Zegers 560/3
Robert Marriner NSW Honda CB1100R
Phil Clarke NZ Suzuki GS1000
Glenn Crutchley Vic Kawasaki Z1000J
Glen Kelleher NSW Yamaha TZ350
Andrew MacDonald NZ Yamaha LC
Roger Gunn Vic Suzuki GS1000S
Paul Remaud France Suzuki GSX1100
Barry Ditchburn Vic Yamaha TZ750

No doubt proceedings will be covered as races are completed on the timing website, www.computime.com.au for those far afield....weather forecast at this stage is for 25 deg both days. Waiting..... :rolleyes:

Dave Cru$$ell is a Brit, he might have US nationality now but he still sounds like he's from Essex :)

#8 GD66

GD66

• 2,237 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 21:16

Hopefully he has a more relaxed meeting this year : last time out he was working on the bike non-stop, and had a crash as well. Pretty sure Hurley Wilvert was helping him with the H1R. Also, I believe his H2R is ex-Walter Villa. Great to see him back at the Island again. :smoking:

#9 Redneb

Redneb

• 89 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 01:03

Hint: Sometimes known as a larrikin.

#10 GD66

GD66

• 2,237 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 07:54

Shawn Giles, who only this week announced his retirement from the Australian superbike field, will ride as a sub for Craig McMartin on one of the magnificent Irving Vincents...ripper ! :eek:

#11 Redneb

Redneb

• 89 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 00:18

It would be worth the air fare across the Tasman simply to see that beast. It seriously pushes my buttons, that bike.

#12 Coupe Kawasaki

Coupe Kawasaki

• 1,501 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 02:35

Well done organizers, that's one of the best classic line ups I can remember seeing :clap: :clap: :clap:

#13 Coupe Kawasaki

Coupe Kawasaki

• 1,501 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 02:37

Dave Cru$$ell is a Brit, he might have US nationality now but he still sounds like he's from Essex :)

Here is Dave on his H2R a few years back. He's been riding a Z1R too now.

Here is Dave's Website. http://mojokawasaki.com/

Edited by Coupe Kawasaki, 20 January 2011 - 02:40.

#14 GD66

GD66

• 2,237 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 07:59

Reports from the circuit today have all mentioned magnificent weather, fingers crossed it continues for the duration of the weekend. I will see if Gra can whack up a pic of the Irving Vincent and the sidecar equivalent, Bender...I mean Redneb, goodness what was I thinking aKBout ? :p

The Irving Vincent doesn't have a universal following of race fans however. It was protested out of the Barry Sheene meeting last year and plenty of folk mumble and grumble about it being built "outside the spirit of the rules" etc. Whatever that means.
Personally I think "the spirit of the rules" is a bit like trying to legislate against stupidity, or relying on "common sense", it's an intangible. The fact is, it's been issued with a logbook by MA, and that's good enough for me. The drool factor of the engineering on the weapon is reason enough to shoot down to the Horner Bros' pit for a perve, and the fact that the thing is an absolute jet on the circuit while sounding like it's out for a gentle tootle is just an amusing extra. Go, Shawn !

Edited by GD66, 20 January 2011 - 08:18.

#15 7okai

7okai

• 50 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 08:49

I hope the weather holds too. It is absolutely magnificent when the sun gods are smiling at PI.

Try and keep us up to date with all the goss and latest happenings down there. Some pics would be nice.

Results and times will be available from http://www.computime.com.au

Gee, I wish I could get there this year,,,oh well, next year, for sure.

Edited by 7okai, 20 January 2011 - 08:50.

#16 GD66

GD66

• 2,237 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 09:04

Errr....can't help with pics or goss really Pete (or may I call you 7 ?) as I'll be over doing PA but Trevor Hedge from mcnews.com.au will be in full attack mode, normally assisted by Keith Muir the photog, so goss chasers should click onto that site and hit Late Braking News. And Computime are usually pretty much on the ball, often (but not always) publishing results as the race crosses the line.
However I'll be happy to dump plenty after I get back.... :evil:

#17 johnyC

johnyC

• 46 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 10:25

Errr....can't help with pics or goss really Pete (or may I call you 7 ?) as I'll be over doing PA but Trevor Hedge from mcnews.com.au will be in full attack mode, normally assisted by Keith Muir the photog, so goss chasers should click onto that site and hit Late Braking News. And Computime are usually pretty much on the ball, often (but not always) publishing results as the race crosses the line.

Here's a picture from last year's event for you, Jim Weeks on Danny Pullen's Shepherd tz350:
Posted Image

Wheeled out later at the pre-TT, she ran as far as Ballabeg before stopping in a cloud of steam (blown head gaskets) Out for Saturday morning practice she expired on the way through Iron Gates to Joey's when the left big-end seized
Posted Image

ps. Terry, could you give us any more info' on these frames, especially the magnesium ones Tom Herron got?

#18 picblanc

picblanc

• 12,531 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 10:55

A few of Glenn's snaps. Lovley thing that Vincent!!
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#19 7okai

7okai

• 50 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 11:35

I will be checking out Trev's site :up:

7???

Ah, very confusion :confused: actually it is suppoded to represent the Japanese word Tokai. A brand of guitars that I have been importing, and at one stage used the same font as Fender in their headstock logo, back in the early '80's when US made Fenders were emaciated by the bean counters of CBS, who owned Fender at the time. The F and the T look very similar in the particular "spaghetti" font, with the T looking identical, apart from the seraph. Tokai (7okai) ended up producing Made in Japan Fender guitars from 1997 until 2010. Fine instruments, SRV Billy Gibbons, and more than a few legends played them.

If you would like to buy arond 120 of them, I should be able to make it to the Barry Sheene Festival of Speed Trans Tasman Challenge in April. Plus a few more of the PCRA meetings during the year to help me gear up for the Aussie Titles. I still have a personal score to settle at next years Island Classic, especially after not riding for 2 years and having a one off skid around last year. That 4 seconds a lap I was away from Lea Gourlays lap record has to be dealt with.

Hey, I may be getting older, but I can still dream :rotfl:

Have a great weekend Glenn.

Edited by 7okai, 20 January 2011 - 11:38.

Advertisement

#20 GD66

GD66

• 2,237 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 12:21

7???

Ah, very confusion :confused: actually it is suppoded to represent the Japanese word Tokai. A brand of guitars that I have been importing, and at one stage used the same font as Fender in their headstock logo, .... Tokai (7okai) ended up producing Made in Japan Fender guitars from 1997 until 2010. Fine instruments, SRV Billy Gibbons, and more than a few legends played them.

:lol: Yes mate, believe it or not, I'm across all that ; as a frustrated jazz keyboard player I aspire to all sorts of unattainable goals but love watching a good axe merchant at work, I've seen SRV, Steve Vai, Satriani, Santana, John McLaughlin, Al di Meola, Yngwie Malmsteen, Robben Ford, Buddy Guy, BB King, Larry Coryell, Albert Collins, Allen Holdsworth, Mike Stern etc all live, but have missed Jeff Beck due to motorcycling commitments, grrrr ! :mad:

However (not bitter, then !) let's not allow this to distract us from the vein of the thread, which is the annual whipping of allcomers by the locals...word has snuck out this week that, not content with turning 1:40s on the Dutch Master GSX1100 last year, Steve Martin MAY have been turning 1:36s in practice on the new 1100 Katana from the same stable...not much more than 6 secs outside the MotoGP lap times, on a course with 12 corners....scary, really.... :drunk:

#21 7okai

7okai

• 50 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 06:13

Just off the phone, talking to Glenn Hindle.

The times today are slow due to a very strong headwind affecting them on the main straight. Could not even use top gear and only pulling 10,000 in 5th, but the wind strength means that you cannot carry the corner speed and have to take Turn 1 in 3rd, instead of 4th.

Must be gusting quite strongly because Glenn mentioned that "the wind tries to blow you off the track at T1" He was 3 seconds a lap quicker yesterday.

Hopefully the rain stays away and the wind drops for them tomorrow

#22 ravenous25

ravenous25

• 243 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 11:52

International Challenge - Top Ten (First Qualifying)
1 Steve Martin
2 Jeremy McWilliams
3 Mal Campbell
4 Beau Beaton
5 Ryan Farquhar (first time at the circuit)
6 Michael Dibb
7 Rob Phillis
8 Graham English
9 Scott Webster
10 Karl Corpe

#23 ravenous25

ravenous25

• 243 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 11:56

Second Qualifying
1 Steve Martin
2 Jeremy McWilliams
3 Beau Beaton
4 Cameron Donald
5 Shaun Giles
6 Ryan Farquhar
7 Warwick Nowland
8 Michael Dibb
9 Karl Corpe
10 Laurie Fyffe

#24 7okai

7okai

• 50 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 07:30

Another windy day today.

Glenn managed 5th "on the road" with the Unlimited Post Classics and won the 350 class by nearly 30 seconds. The only major drama was one of the T-Rex Hondas pooping itself and leaving a trail of oil from T1 to Honda hairpin.

Some pics of Trev's roaming through the pits here http://www.mcnews.com.au/