Istanbul GP.. Which Tickets?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 jaysanders

jaysanders

• 6 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 22:28

Hi Everyone..

Im going to Istanbul for the 2011 GP in May and ive been looking in to which tickets to get.

I have been using www.mygpticket.com to view the user videos of the different sections from Grandstands to General Admission. I am now thinking of going for the General Admission tickets as they seem to have some good vantage points of the track, especially Turn 8!

Has anyone thats has been before that has bought these tickets help with this??

Thanks

Jay

Advertisement

#2 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 08:56

I am going there this year again. I have General Admission tickets. I watch the race last year around corner 2(T2). You see cars braking for first corner, coming from the pit. Turn 8 is also good. T3 also(there was screen).
http://www.turkeygra...om/FormulaBilet . It is great visiting Istanbul and seeing GP.

#3 jcbc3

jcbc3
  • RC Forum Host

• 12,877 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 09:21

Last year we were in gold section of the grandstand, by turn one and had the best view of Jenson and Lewis almost colliding. One tip. Get a covered stand. The sun was completely unbearable for those not in the shade. People in the open stands were hiding underneath after just a short time in the sun. Even during the races. There also was very few sold tickets so we could move around for good places and variety.

#4 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 13:47

It was very sunny last year. This year race is little bit earlier and I hope will be not so sunny. There is toilets everywhere, buses are going around the track and you can go easily to every part of the track.

#5 jaysanders

jaysanders

• 6 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 15:34

So do you think it is worth buying the General Admission tickets?

#6 ivand911

ivand911

• 8,152 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 08:51

I bought my General Admission for 24 euro(now it is around 32) , so for me it is worthed. You see other prices and it is your choice(only covered stands are on the main straight). General Admission have good places on this track. I use umbrella last year against the sun. I was in good hotel 1-1,5km from historic part of the town, after day on the track you have enough time for sightseeing, dinner. I use travel agency and I have bus to and from the track for all 3 days, with other people from the group. And there is city arranged transport from and to the track. Organisation is good. I didn't see such mess like in Spa. I am there this year and hopefully next if MS will be still in F1. :)

Edited by ivand911, 15 January 2011 - 08:53.

#7 Jeremy Sale

Jeremy Sale

• 3 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 21:13

I bought my General Admission for 24 euro(now it is around 32) , so for me it is worthed. You see other prices and it is your choice(only covered stands are on the main straight). General Admission have good places on this track. I use umbrella last year against the sun. I was in good hotel 1-1,5km from historic part of the town, after day on the track you have enough time for sightseeing, dinner. I use travel agency and I have bus to and from the track for all 3 days, with other people from the group. And there is city arranged transport from and to the track. Organisation is good. I didn't see such mess like in Spa. I am there this year and hopefully next if MS will be still in F1. :)

My son will be there but unfortunately only for the practice day. He tells me that the tickets are all three day packages. Any idea if he can get a one day general admission ticket for practice? Thanks.

#8 MONTOYASPEED

MONTOYASPEED

• 8,110 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 00:10

For those of you who have been there....

Any recommendations on hotels? Preferably near the track.

Thanks!