Photo

Nowra NSW - Possible new racetrack

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 275 GTB-4

275 GTB-4

• 8,274 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 10:47

There is talk and commercial money being bandied about in the Shoalhaven....

(just hope the Nerriga Road is open if and when Nowra gets a track)

Word is it will be a AASA run thing (no V8 supercar round necessarily, but who knows?).

This track will aimed at state and club level motorsport and a big focus on driver education.

Placemarker for any future developments! :wave:

Edited by 275 GTB-4, 25 January 2011 - 10:36.

Advertisement

#2 Alfisti

Alfisti

• 39,695 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 17:08

Was Oran park being used before they put houses on it? i heard it ran a big loss year in and year out.

#3 275 GTB-4

275 GTB-4

• 8,274 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 10:38

Was Oran park being used before they put houses on it? i heard it ran a big loss year in and year out.

Oran Park was used right up to its death...it must have turned some sort of profit purely based on the lack of money spent on it versus the regular program of paying customers...Yes?? :)

#4 ed24f1

ed24f1

• 1,201 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 11:07

It's always good to hear of a potential new racetrack in Australia, but the location seems odd considering its relatively close to Wakefield Park.

#5 275 GTB-4

275 GTB-4

• 8,274 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:34

Latest News is that $15m is being put towards a "drift" track, motorcycle and car facility...

anyone got any more details?...

02 Auto Sports/Mr Wenzel (spl?) seems to be the spokesperson...

http://www.o2autosports.com/

#6 275 GTB-4

275 GTB-4

• 8,274 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 07:14

http://www.powerfm.c.....–-race-driver

Nowra Track Will Reduce Hoon Behaviour – Race Driver

Nowra race car driver believes a new motor complex proposed for the Shoalhaven will take hoons off the streets and encourage more people into the sport.
Veteran of competitive motocross and drift racing, Nathan Weissel who also manages O2 Auto Sports in South Nowra says the facility will bring millions of dollars into the area and boost the sport's reputation.

Motorcycling NSW has announced plans to build the $15 million facility on Braidwood Road at Yerriyong catering for go-karts, cars and motorcycle competitions.

Mr Weissel says the track will help to reduce illegal street racing and hoon activity which has plagued the area in recent years

#7 GreenMachine

GreenMachine

• 2,635 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 07:58

media release

circuit map here

I am not getting excited until the bulldozers start work ....

#8 275 GTB-4

275 GTB-4

• 8,274 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:56

media release

circuit map here

I am not getting excited until the bulldozers start work ....

Yes Ed...same here...18 clicks south of Nowra...about a 3 hr run from Can'tberra :-(

(depending how long you tarry in the Nerriga Pub!)

Good to see locals like the Battersby's and Bargwanna involved....

[edit" Bargwanna vice Barbagello!]

Edited by 275 GTB-4, 24 September 2015 - 23:08.

#9 NotSoSilentBob

NotSoSilentBob

• 1,667 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 13:14

They tried to get a track up & running in Raymond Terrace a few years ago.... needless to say Council up there dropped it like a stone and gave the proposal from the MG Car Club of Newcastle (who own a heap of land) the cold shoulder once the greenies started to kick up a stink.

I hope Nowra goes ahead, NSW desperately needs more tracks. Wakefield Park gets mighty boring when you've lapped it as much as I have.

#10 Ian G

Ian G

• 1,395 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 00:44

They tried to get a track up & running in Raymond Terrace a few years ago.... needless to say Council up there dropped it like a stone and gave the proposal from the MG Car Club of Newcastle (who own a heap of land) the cold shoulder once the greenies started to kick up a stink.

I hope Nowra goes ahead, NSW desperately needs more tracks. Wakefield Park gets mighty boring when you've lapped it as much as I have.

There are still whispers/rumours of a multi use circuit being proposed for North of Newcastle,its independant of the MGCC but will probaly include them at some stage you would think.My Brother is a Real Estate Agent up that way and the parcel of land being looked at is more Karuah/Bulahdelah way than Raymond Terrace.