* * * * - 11 votes

Official Group Lotus Thread

• Please log in to reply
553 replies to this topic

#251 2ms

2ms

• 2,212 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:37

How do we know that the new owners didn't buy Group Lotus because they like Bahar's plans and see the whole thing as a good thing to make investment in? In other words, is it unlikely that the change in ownership might mean elevated chances of success in the expansion of Lotus cars?

Advertisement

#252 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 6,758 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 14:27

How do we know that the new owners didn't buy Group Lotus because they like Bahar's plans and see the whole thing as a good thing to make investment in? In other words, is it unlikely that the change in ownership might mean elevated chances of success in the expansion of Lotus cars?

That's a thought as well, but the Malaysian Government had to have let go of Proton for a reason, and the biggest reason is that both the parent company and Lotus were leaking money. Taxpayer's money on what many have noted as a large vanity project at Lotus (no test mules have been seen, no further showings of the concepts, not even any significant update on the progress of any of the proposed models!).

If DRB-Hicom see value in investing in both Proton and Lotus' projects, then fair play to them, I wouldn't mind seeing at least some of those cars get produced considering the loans etc. that were signed off for them. I don't think the plans had a very solid base though, and an investment company would be very stringent on letting money be spent on things that they don't see as financially viable.

The Esprit and Elise were shown in 2010 for a 2013 release, but we haven't even seen a basic test mule or anything, something that is commonly seen when a car has a long lead time before release.

#253 mechadaniel

mechadaniel

• 729 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 15:37

Good, they know how to make money

Yeah, in the way that a Euromillions winner knows how to make money :)

Genii got lucky with making a crap load of money out of Skype, since then despite what Jackie Stewart claims about them being financial geniuses, they haven't shown much ability, hell they even failed to blackmail Sutil out of some cash :rotfl:

Would you give them some of your money? If so, I have a bridge to sell you...

#254 mechadaniel

mechadaniel

• 729 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 15:43

is it unlikely that the change in ownership might mean elevated chances of success in the expansion of Lotus cars?

It's less likely that the mad cap Bahar plans will go ahead as now Proton is privately owned it is going to be difficult to get government backed bank loans.

#255 olliek88

olliek88

• 4,049 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 16:49

Found this on twitter. Warning, your head may explode!! :drunk:

Posted Image

Edited by olliek88, 07 April 2012 - 16:52.

#256 Disgrace

Disgrace
  • RC Forum Host

• 10,164 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 22:31

It's not all that confusing really. Most of that chart shows Group Lotus' unsustainable expansion into motorsports in recent years.

#257 Cavani

Cavani

• 905 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 22:35

my head has just exploded

#258 Myrvold

Myrvold

• 2,811 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 23:18

If that chart is correct. Caterham is still "team lotus", but running under a different name.

#259 Nustang70

Nustang70

• 2,396 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 23:28

A basic question will someone please answer?

how healthy is Genii financially?

Well, they are $35 million in debt to Proton, and before Proton loaned them that money they were $35 million in debt to Renault and Snoras.

Advertisement

#260 pingu666

pingu666

• 8,797 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 00:12

wasnt there a rally car lotus aswell, recently?
http://www.lotuscars...ge-s-exige-r-gt

whats insane about lotuses motorsport program is sponsering of f3 and gp2 teams, there not considered good investments (thats why everyone is paying to play), and the few people who watch those series, know there spec (gp2) or know theres limited involvement beyond stickers.

a gte/gt2 program would of given good brand exposure, a gt3 might be a revenue stream, but im not sure.

#261 WBarnato

WBarnato

• 85 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:28

In this whole confusing situation I do have two further questions.

Firslty wasn't Dany Bahar on the board of LRGP/Lotus F1? What happens now to his position?

Secondly if this is the thin end of the wedge what happens with their involvement with Goodwood this year? They are the chosen marque, but would another one be shoehorned in, god forbid, Lotus is in chaos?

#262 Anders Torp

Anders Torp

• 515 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 09:24

What Bahar should've done really is look at why people buy Caterhams and things like that instead of Lotus cars.

How many cars did Caterham and Lotus sell worldwide last year, respectively?

#263 olliek88

olliek88

• 4,049 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:46

How many cars did Caterham and Lotus sell worldwide last year, respectively?

Can't find any figures for Caterham or even worldwide figures for Lotus but last year in the UK Lotus sold (registered) 329 cars, thats a fall of 42.98% on 2010.

Caterham might not sell masses of cars right now but they're a small business with potential to grow (in particular in asia with TF's backing/contacts/knowledge) Lotus on the other hand appear to be going backwards.

I said it earlier in the thread, i fear Lotus will go the same was as Rover, MG, TVR and so on. I hope i'm wrong though.

#264 Amphicar

Amphicar

• 1,885 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 12:13

I said it earlier in the thread, i fear Lotus will go the same was as Rover, MG, TVR and so on. I hope i'm wrong though.

Well MG does still exist (sort of): http://mg.co.uk// and Jason Plato is leading the BTCC in an MG6 after last week's first round at Brands Hatch.

#265 One

One

• 6,527 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 19:33

Have niew owner 'bought the 'garage including the advisers such as Sir Jacky Stewart? I read some good comments about the Genii in autosport article, which supposed to be made as a Lotus (F1 team)'s adviser? I wonder how his voice count for the credibility of Lotus CARS.

The marketting value study of Ernst Young, should it consider longer term or shorter term assets developmemts? Now that the car market is almost down at the bottom I could imagine this flipping around easily front and back.

If Lotus Cars fall, I assume that there is no implication to Lotus F1 team besides one sided termination of name use right by the F1 team from Lotus car's new owners? (The team really had made mess out of it) If so I expect another law case from Genii against new owner?

What is the prosperity of Lotus F1 team in case of name change during the season due to 'force major'? I just care that Kimi finishi the season high.

Eventually should a team changes its identity, who will be the one? Must Renaul step in? Do they have any obligation in terms of their agreements between Genii?

to much questions, I cannot think of what and who nor priolity... mess mess and mess....

Besides Lotus Car's future *(and Bahar's) perhaps crucial one is....
Who has mandate on Lotus F1 future?? Genii? or new owner of Lotus cars...???
Say if Lotus F1 team go bust... Can Fernandes put Team Lotus back into their outfit????????
Should Fernandes buy the Lotus Cars and FU0K someone off????????

.... sorry forsome violent use of languages, I am tooooooooo confused...

Edited by One, 08 April 2012 - 19:39.

#266 Anomnader

Anomnader

• 8,616 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 19:38

Be interesting to see what comes off Lotus, besides the Lotus Cars people know about, a lot of their work is unknown due to confidentiality clauses, but they used to be one of the top automotive engineering consultancies, they worked with a lot of other manufacturers on diverse projects such as engines and suspensions, I believe the vauxhall ecotech engine was developed in conjuction wiht Lotus in much the same way as Cosworth.

#267 One

One

• 6,527 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 19:40

Toyota got a lot from Lotus Cars, like MR2 and so on....

#268 olliek88

olliek88

• 4,049 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 20:23

Besides Lotus Car's future *(and Bahar's) perhaps crucial one is....
Who has mandate on Lotus F1 future?? Genii? or new owner of Lotus cars...???
Say if Lotus F1 team go bust... Can Fernandes put Team Lotus back into their outfit????????
Should Fernandes buy the Lotus Cars and FU0K someone off????????

.... sorry forsome violent use of languages, I am tooooooooo confused...

I think Genii have the mandate as they actually "own" the team whereas Lotus are (or were) just a title sponsor which included the team name. What the implications of Lotus pulling the plug on the deal with regards to name changing i don't know. Lopez has said they'll continue to be named Lotus for the foreseeable future though.

Unlikely, he's gone down the road of Caterham, has invested money into the cars side of it and began promoting the road outfit in Asia, as well as racing series that feature the traditional 7 model and the new SP/300.R.

The last one though i couldn't tell you or even have a decent guess, perhaps he could and then place the Caterham brand with the Proton/Lotus umbrella, pure guess work though.

#269 sesku

sesku

• 285 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:00

Well MG does still exist (sort of): http://mg.co.uk// and Jason Plato is leading the BTCC in an MG6 after last week's first round at Brands Hatch.

MG now basically a Chinese company. The original MG folded in 2005 and Chinese company bought the copyright and trademark of MG.

#270 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 6,758 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:13

MG now basically a Chinese company. The original MG folded in 2005 and Chinese company bought the copyright and trademark of MG.

But they are building their cars in the UK now, and are looking to re-establish the brand. I'd say it's essentially no different a parent company relationship to GM and Vauxhall... and no-one complains that their Astra is American... in fact it's the other way round, if anyone has seen the new Buick Regal (Vauxhall/Opel Insignia).

The Chinese may have shut down Longbridge and disappeared for a while, but they seem to have brought MG back with a decent business plan.

#271 Kelateboy

Kelateboy

• 5,797 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:36

No word of him leaving as of yet.

There is a total revamp at Proton after DRB-Hicom took the majority control of the company. The Chairman and most of his men have left the company. Group Lotus is definitely not a priority, and there is serious talk in Shah Alam of selling GL like Proton did with MV Agusta for a mere 1E.

#272 packapoo

packapoo

• 731 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:40

That's a thought as well, but the Malaysian Government had to have let go of Proton for a reason, and the biggest reason is that both the parent company and Lotus were leaking money. Taxpayer's money on what many have noted as a large vanity project at Lotus (no test mules have been seen, no further showings of the concepts, not even any significant update on the progress of any of the proposed models!).

If DRB-Hicom see value in investing in both Proton and Lotus' projects, then fair play to them, I wouldn't mind seeing at least some of those cars get produced considering the loans etc. that were signed off for them. I don't think the plans had a very solid base though, and an investment company would be very stringent on letting money be spent on things that they don't see as financially viable.

The Esprit and Elise were shown in 2010 for a 2013 release, but we haven't even seen a basic test mule or anything, something that is commonly seen when a car has a long lead time before release.

Where in the world is/was Proton a major vehicle force?
Can recall a couple of fairly short lived attempts at creating something down-under, beyond their own backyard that is. Cars weren't actually too bad a value, I thought.
Proton as a force just didn't seem to get the market following.
It has long interested me just how they came up with Lotus, and, by and large, managed to do sweet FA with it.
FWIW.

#273 One

One

• 6,527 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:58

An analysis....

Khazanah's exit from Proton could open new doors for the Malaysian car maker, said Ahmad Maghfur Usman at OSK Research, which is based in Kuala Lumpur. "There are lots of synergies that could be gained between DRB-Hicom and Proton," he said.

Chief among them is the relationship between DRB-Hicom, an automobile, financial-services and construction company, and Germany's Volkswagen AG, VOW.XE +0.64% which has been looking for a manufacturing base from which to supply the fast-growing Southeast Asian market. The companies last year signed an agreement to assemble cars in Malaysia. DRB-Hicom's purchase of Proton would enable VW to use the Malaysian auto maker's underused state-of-the-art manufacturing plant at Tanjung Malim.

Mr. Ahmad said a partnership with VW could provide the Malaysian maker access to a larger global market.

Meaning this is a plannend transition of Proton being Stare owned car company to Peoton being owned by VW. Long time ago Someone got very excited about VW being new owner if Lotus Cars.

VW wants an active stake and production base in South East Asia, which does not necessarily mean that VW buys Lotus Cars also. Could well be that Drb-Hicom ditches the brand by 1euro to someone and make the portfolio lighter.
In such case I think that Lotus Cars are synonym to halt...

Yet another quote

At yesterday’s unveiling of the CKD Volkswagen Passat in Pekan, DRB-Hicom’s Group MD Datuk Seri Mohd Khamil Jamil rubbished talks of Proton rebadging VW models. DRB-Hicom is of course the new owner of national carmaker Proton, and counts VW as partner and biggest customer of its Pekan facility.

“The reports got me by surprise,” Khamil said. “Rebadging was never in our plans. If we want to develop the national auto industry, we got to move forward. Rebadging is taking a step backwards,” he said, adding that “short term pains, but long term gains” is needed for Proton.

“I may have to eat my words someday, but as long as I’m in charge, I will never allow that [rebadging] to happen,” he stated firmly.

However, no rebadging doesn’t mean that Proton, a small carmaker in the grand scheme of things, needs to do it all alone, for Khamil believes that Proton needs a reputable OEM as partner.

So there you go, erase that RM70k “Proton Sago” from your mind!

!!!

Ant Lotus is not anymore the sponsor !

Edited by One, 09 April 2012 - 09:26.

#274 mechadaniel

mechadaniel

• 729 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:17

According to Autocar, Bahar is currently "on leave"

http://www.autocar.c...AllCars/262208/

Guess the gravy train just ran into the buffers, just hope there is still a GL in 12 months :(

#275 V8 Fireworks

V8 Fireworks

• 5,534 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:26

Where in the world is/was Proton a major vehicle force?
Can recall a couple of fairly short lived attempts at creating something down-under, beyond their own backyard that is. Cars weren't actually too bad a value, I thought.

Obviously there is a difference between using ex-Mitsubishi tooling and designing your own cars. Many people rave about their mini-ute as a fine motor car. Not too many other brands sell a compact pick-up any more!

Proton are considered at the level of Chinese brands or even slightly inferior, are they not? People have reported defects such as non-functioning fuel gauges, dodgy interior trim and so forth I believe.

#276 Kelateboy

Kelateboy

• 5,797 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:45

Obviously there is a difference between using ex-Mitsubishi tooling and designing your own cars. Many people rave about their mini-ute as a fine motor car. Not too many other brands sell a compact pick-up any more!

Proton are considered at the level of Chinese brands or even slightly inferior, are they not? People have reported defects such as non-functioning fuel gauges, dodgy interior trim and so forth I believe.

Proton is not that bad. They used to be crap, but they have improved over the years. Of course, the fact that Proton is no longer the top selling car maker in Malaysia probably forced them to change for the better.

#277 One

One

• 6,527 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 14:05

Proton seems to have fine production facilities, just that they have no demands to seel a fine cars, as their marketing visibility is as worse as that of some ten years ago. Investments that the caompanymade did not improve the face of it. Could someone confirm it?

Lotus on the other hands is a companywhich has little lnk with what Proton is, where larger depth is generated which might not be useful in short term. Perhaps more investments are necessary. It perhaps is seen as a product of other 'regeme'...

Caterham may have small impact when Lotus Cars goes down, ... now who take the next action?

#278 D.M.N.

D.M.N.
  • RC Forum Host

• 7,222 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 16:17

Lotus press release in response to a Sniff Petrol article: http://www.f1fanatic...o-sniff-petrol/

#279 jamiegc

jamiegc

• 2,429 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 16:17

Never let the facts get in the way of a good story….

Take a little look at what we found online. Don’t you think it’s funny? We do. We had a good old giggle. After all, we love a bit of self irony, just as well really. Although it’s funny, this one’s not accurate but then again, why let the facts get in the way of a good story? The inconvenient truth is – surprise, surprise – we have never said that there are no problems at Lotus.

So whilst lots of people obviously feel the need to comment on Lotus’ current situation in the absence of proper facts or evidence, we can’t ignore these particular mistruths any longer even if we would like to, so we have decided to turn a negative into a positive and use this hilarious piece of ‘art’ to set the record straight regarding the status quo at Group Lotus and try to return a little stability to a fast changing situation.

False rumour #1: Dany Bahar is no longer CEO of Group Lotus.
Fact: Rubbish – Dany Bahar still is.

False rumour #2: Dato’ Sri Syed is no longer Managing Director of Proton.
Fact: Again rubbish. He still is.

You can thank good old Tony Fernandes for these two. Don’t take everything he tweets too seriously – perhaps he’s still frustrated about owning Caterham instead of Lotus and the fact that he fights HRT and Marussia instead of Mercedes and Ferrari in F1.

And whilst we’re on the subject of jokes - do you know the latest F1 joke? Mike Gascoyne, Caterham Group’s Chief Technical Officer, has gone missing. Why? He’s looking for the 30 to 40 points he predicted for the last F1 season. Funny.

Speaking of F1: It seems that one special so called ‘independent’ source is at the root of the lion’s share of damaging rumours and misleading stories. The delightful Joe Saward which leads us nicely to….

False rumour #3: Joe Saward is JUST an independent journalist.
Fact: He is an active Director on the Caterham Group Board.

And unlike some, we don’t want to get too personal, so we’ll leave it to you to judge how ‘independent’ his stories about Lotus are.

False rumour #4: Group Lotus is no longer involved in F1.
Fact: Lotus F1 Team and Group Lotus have reshaped their commercial relationship earlier this year. The new governance agreement signifies the continued commitment of Group Lotus to the team and the sport.

Group Lotus’ branding and marketing rights and subsequent activities remain unaffected by the new agreement until at least 2017. Alongside continued branding and title partnership status, Group Lotus is also the exclusive master licensee for all Lotus F1 Team merchandise.

The new agreement was reached following Group Lotus owners Proton providing team owners Genii with a £30m loan which is repayable within three years. In order to secure the loan Genii used 100% of the F1 team’s assets as collateral meaning that under the conditions of the loan agreement Proton have been given full title guarantee to all plant, machinery, show cars, computers, office and the Lotus F1 Team headquarters.

In addition Proton retains the rights to purchase 10% of the F1 team. Another 10% share option will be activated if the team default on their loan obligations with Proton.

Again we leave it to your judgement how ‘bad’ Lotus’ current situation in F1 is. And speaking of bad situations…..

False rumour #5: Group Lotus is going into administration.
Fact: Rubbish. The takeover of our parent company Proton by DRB-HICOM couldn’t have come at a worse time, but up until that point Proton was (and still remains) fully committed to our five year business plan to create jobs and to expand the factory and business. With the takeover process the funding has been restricted and DRB-HICOM is taking time to understand what to do with the business. DRB-HICOM is currently in the middle of due diligence of Group Lotus and there have been and continue to be positive discussions between Group Lotus senior management and senior management at DRB-HICOM both here in Hethel and in Malaysia. At no point has DRB-HICOM indicated to Group Lotus that it intends to put the company into administration. The over-active rumour mill is seriously damaging our business reputation, image and credibility but it is what it is.

The simple fact is, and we haven’t denied this - Lotus is going through a very difficult phase at the moment but we are showing true fighting spirit every day in trying to keep this vision alive. This is also a fact – no matter what people outside of Lotus may say or tweet or blog.

http://www.facebook....135849009792886

Advertisement

#280 kar

kar

• 10,308 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 16:24

There's only one mature response to that Press Release.

Rofffffffllleee!

#281 Crazy Ninja

Crazy Ninja

• 1,370 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 16:26

Greatest statement in recent history!

#282 Les

Les

• 2,069 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 16:28

Greatest statement in recent history!

Indeed! Time to get the popcorn out this is going to be entertaining.

#283 Mastah

Mastah

• 3,679 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 16:30

You can thank good old Tony Fernandes for these two. Don’t take everything he tweets too seriously – perhaps he’s still frustrated about owning Caterham instead of Lotus and the fact that he fights HRT and Marussia instead of Mercedes and Ferrari in F1.

And whilst we’re on the subject of jokes - do you know the latest F1 joke? Mike Gascoyne, Caterham Group’s Chief Technical Officer, has gone missing. Why? He’s looking for the 30 to 40 points he predicted for the last F1 season. Funny.

Speaking of F1: It seems that one special so called ‘independent’ source is at the root of the lion’s share of damaging rumours and misleading stories. The delightful Joe Saward which leads us nicely to….

Fact: He is an active Director on the Caterham Group Board.

And unlike some, we don’t want to get too personal, so we’ll leave it to you to judge how ‘independent’ his stories about Lotus are.

Comedy gold.

#284 Menace

Menace

• 12,364 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 16:33

:rotfl:

#285 Ross Stonefeld

Ross Stonefeld

• 57,524 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 16:33

Why is Lotus Cars trying to start an F1 purse swinging match?

And am I correct in thinking Adam Hay-Nicholls does work for Lotus Cars on the PR/communications side?

#286 Lamag

Lamag

• 1,084 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 16:35

This is priceless :)

#287 korzeniow

korzeniow

• 5,671 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 16:35

http://www.facebook....135849009792886

WOW! Just WOW! What a bombshell! :rotfl:

#288 olliek88

olliek88

• 4,049 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 16:49

Ok, who left the Group Lotus laptop open near the grumpy work experience kid? :drunk:

A properly unprofessional response to all the stuff thats been going on around Group Lotus lately. Still, it gave me a good giggle so i'm not complaining!

#289 dank

dank

• 5,191 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 16:49

Why is Lotus Cars trying to start an F1 purse swinging match?

And am I correct in thinking Adam Hay-Nicholls does work for Lotus Cars on the PR/communications side?

More likely the work of Stephane Samson and/or Andy Stobart.

#290 Ross Stonefeld

Ross Stonefeld

• 57,524 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 16:53

Samson is F1, this came out of Road Cars. Which makes it even more odd.

#291 highdownforce

highdownforce

• 3,678 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 16:53

Lotus press release in response to a Sniff Petrol article: http://www.f1fanatic...o-sniff-petrol/

Oo!

Never let the facts get in the way of a good story….

Take a little look at what we found online. Don’t you think it’s funny? We do. We had a good old giggle. After all, we love a bit of self irony, just as well really. Although it’s funny, this one’s not accurate but then again, why let the facts get in the way of a good story? The inconvenient truth is – surprise, surprise – we have never said that there are no problems at Lotus.

So whilst lots of people obviously feel the need to comment on Lotus’ current situation in the absence of proper facts or evidence, we can’t ignore these particular mistruths any longer even if we would like to, so we have decided to turn a negative into a positive and use this hilarious piece of ‘art’ to set the record straight regarding the status quo at Group Lotus and try to return a little stability to a fast changing situation.

False rumour #1: Dany Bahar is no longer CEO of Group Lotus.

Fact: Rubbish – Dany Bahar still is.

False rumour #2: Dato’ Sri Syed is no longer Managing Director of Proton.

Fact: Again rubbish. He still is.

And whilst we’re on the subject of jokes – do you know the latest F1 joke? Mike Gascoyne, Caterham Group’s Chief Technical Officer, has gone missing. Why? He’s looking for the 30 to 40 points he predicted for the last F1 season. Funny.

Fact: He is an active Director for the Caterham Group.

False rumour #4: Group Lotus is no longer involved in F1.

Fact: Lotus F1 Team and Group Lotus have reshaped their commercial relationship earlier this year. The new governance agreement signifies the continued commitment of Group Lotus to the team and the sport.

Group Lotus’ branding and marketing rights and subsequent activities remain unaffected by the new agreement until at least 2017. Alongside continued branding and title partnership status, Group Lotus is also the exclusive master licensee for all Lotus F1 Team merchandise.

The new agreement was reached following Group Lotus owners Proton providing team owners Genii with a £30m loan which is repayable within three years. In order to secure the loan Genii used 100% of the F1 team’s assets as collateral meaning that under the conditions of the loan agreement Proton have been given full title guarantee to all plant, machinery, show cars, computers, office and the Lotus F1 Team headquarters.

In addition Proton retains the rights to purchase 10% of the F1 team. Another 10% share option will be activated if the team default on their loan obligations with Proton.

Again we leave it to your judgement how ‘bad’ Lotus’ current situation in F1 is. And speaking of bad situations…..

False rumour #5: Group Lotus is going into administration.

Fact: Rubbish. The takeover of our parent company Proton by DRB-HICOM couldn’t have come at a worse time, but up until that point Proton was (and still remains) fully committed to our five year business plan to create jobs and to expand the factory and business. With the takeover process the funding has been restricted and DRB-HICOM is taking time to understand what to do with the business. DRB-HICOM is currently in the middle of due diligence of Group Lotus and there have been and continue to be positive discussions between Group Lotus senior management and senior management at DRB-HICOM both here in Hethel and in Malaysia. At no point has DRB-HICOM indicated to Group Lotus that it intends to put the company into administration. The over-active rumour mill is seriously damaging our business reputation, image and credibility but it is what it is.

The simple fact is, and we haven’t denied this – Lotus is going through a very difficult phase at the moment but we are showing true fighting spirit every day in trying to keep this vision alive. This is also a fact – no matter what people outside of Lotus may say or tweet or blog.

Edited by highdownforce, 11 April 2012 - 16:55.

#292 onewingedangel

onewingedangel

• 921 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 17:00

That just makes Lotus look more desperate - and even makes the rumours seem more accurate than if they just kept quiet.

Who handles Lotus' PR? A 10 year old girl?

#293 dank

dank

• 5,191 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 17:03

Well, I'm looking forward to the Downfall parody at least.

#294 Ross Stonefeld

Ross Stonefeld

• 57,524 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 17:07

Screw that noise. Does anyone think Fernandes and Gascoyne are going to let this pass? :lol:

#295 jamiegc

jamiegc

• 2,429 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 17:16

You would say some PR guy was about to be fired, but the joke is it was probably personally OK'd by a certain member named in the article.

#296 Disgrace

Disgrace
  • RC Forum Host

• 10,164 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 17:29

Who handles Lotus' PR?

Bahraini royal family?

#297 MaxisOne

MaxisOne

• 1,221 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 17:30

Stay classy Group Lotus.

Humourus but 100% unprofessional.

You cant aspire to be marque high end sports car manufacturer with a press release like that.

And dont even think about defending this with the Horse Whisperer because Ferrari has the brand capital in both the Sportscar Market and F1 to do what they do sometimes with the Horse Whisperer. Group Lotus doesn't

#298 jrg19

jrg19

• 6,118 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 17:30

:lol: Unbelievable

#299 zyphro

zyphro

• 742 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 17:38

Haha giggling like a little school girl. Epic fail haha.

Edited by zyphro, 11 April 2012 - 17:38.

Advertisement

#300 lambylamby

lambylamby

• 556 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 17:51

I thought it was quite good. I don't like Lotus that much as a team, but the bashing of Joe Saward was quite apt at least!