Photo

Jim Kimberly 1950s helmets

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 USA Diligence

USA Diligence

• 48 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 18:15

I have 2 of Jim Kimberly’s racing helmets from the 1950’s. The red one is a Buco helmet that has been painted. The white is metal that has painted. Both have leather interiors and the white one has a leather bill. These helmets have a beautiful patina and would go well in any display or exhibition. Anyone have an idea of their worth?

Gentleman Jim Kimberly was a SCCA National Champion in 1954 driving a Ferrari, served as SCCA President and also on the Board of Directors. Kimberly also has an award named after him (Kimberly Cup) that is still presented to the most improved driver.

Regards,

Chad

Advertisement

#2 Exact10

Exact10

• 103 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 15:00

I have 2 of Jim Kimberly’s racing helmets from the 1950’s. The red one is a Buco helmet that has been painted. The white is metal that has painted. Both have leather interiors and the white one has a leather bill. These helmets have a beautiful patina and would go well in any display or exhibition. Anyone have an idea of their worth?

Gentleman Jim Kimberly was a SCCA National Champion in 1954 driving a Ferrari, served as SCCA President and also on the Board of Directors. Kimberly also has an award named after him (Kimberly Cup) that is still presented to the most improved driver.

Regards,

Chad

Hey Chad,
No idea on value, but when you get an idea I'd be interested in buying them if they are for sale exact10@comcast.net