Photo

Solitude Revival 22-24 July 2011

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Alan Cox

Alan Cox

• 8,397 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 12:19

A revival meeting to celebrate the history of the Solitude circuit is scheduled to take place on the 22-24 July over the 12.7km circuit the layout of which remains much as it was for the races held over the period 1935-1965, apart from an extension to a new left-hand bend at Dreispitz. After revival events in 2003 and 2008, pre-war races will be one of the main features, together with motorcycles as the circuit hosted world championship Grand Prix races.
Some interesting data and photographs are included in the organisers' website. http://www.solitude-....org/uindex.htm

Advertisement

#2 David McKinney

David McKinney

• 14,156 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 14:19

I saw that, and was wondering if I should try and make the effort to attend
But it seems to be a rally rather than racing
(Not surprising in 2011, I suppose)

#3 Ralf Pickel

Ralf Pickel

• 622 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 15:00

True, there is a Rallye on the Friday for road registered cars, but the race cars will be demonstrated Saturday and Sunday on the track, I assume.
No real racing would be possible I am afraid, as it was done on the last Revivals.
I have also seen the webpage only yesterday - I have send them application for two cars, will see.
No real information for entry - one can apply and then you get notification in March, but nothing about entry fee etc. Seems be free, if you are accepted...

Edited by Ralf Pickel, 01 February 2011 - 15:01.