Photo

Jaguar C, D, & LWE period photos & info wanted

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 terryokv2

terryokv2

• 28 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 05:01

I AM DOING A REGISTER FOR THE JAGUAR C TYPE, D TYPE, & LIGHTWEIGHT E THAT WILL BE PUBLISHED BY JAGUAR AND INTERESTED IN ANY PERIOD PHOTOS OR INFORMATION THAT MIGHT BE USEFUL.
IF YOU HAVE ANYTHING PLEASE CONTACT TERRY LARSON. terrylarsonjaguar@msn.com Thank you.

Advertisement

#2 Nev

Nev

• 293 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 11:52

I AM DOING A REGISTER FOR THE JAGUAR C TYPE, D TYPE, & LIGHTWEIGHT E THAT WILL BE PUBLISHED BY JAGUAR AND INTERESTED IN ANY PERIOD PHOTOS OR INFORMATION THAT MIGHT BE USEFUL.
IF YOU HAVE ANYTHING PLEASE CONTACT TERRY LARSON. terrylarsonjaguar@msn.com Thank you.

Hi - registers for these models already exist? Including your own excellent compilation published by JDHT in 2001 detailing every original C-type ever built. With respect, is there really a need for yet more?

Assuming your answer is "yes", I suspect your best source will be Anders Ditlev at Jaguar Heritage, Paul Skilleter and Peter Wilson (ex Jaguar and author of "Cat Out of the Bag") - but I suspect you knew this already?

#3 David Birchall

David Birchall

• 3,291 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 16:10

Terry, in the late seventies a young local Jaguar nut told us excitedly that he had bought a LWE. We rushed round to his place and sure enough, there was a LWE completely dismantled. It was white with blue stripes, had an alloy monocoque and block, correct wheels etc. I understood from somebody-possibly on this forum-that he failed to make the payments and Lynx took it back. I have no idea what the chassis number was.

#4 terryokv2

terryokv2

• 28 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 20:05

The new Register will be similar to what we did in the C Type Register only updated and also cover the D Type, XKSS and Lightweight E. It will be hardbound and cover the detailed history and include as many period photos as we can. I am working with Jaguar / Anders / Paul Skilleter and several others. I am just doing a final look for interesting photos or info.

#5 Lola5000

Lola5000

• 1,666 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 21:36

The new Register will be similar to what we did in the C Type Register only updated and also cover the D Type, XKSS and Lightweight E. It will be hardbound and cover the detailed history and include as many period photos as we can. I am working with Jaguar / Anders / Paul Skilleter and several others. I am just doing a final look for interesting photos or info.

fantastic,please keep us informed. :up:

#6 cooper997

cooper997

• 3,872 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 05:56

Terry,

If you have a look in the 'Personal photos of Australian motor racing 50s to 70's' thread you'll find several D & Lightweight E in ellrosso's postings since the start of the year. Then you just need to work things out with Lindsay (ellrosso).

There's also others over the life of that fabulous thread from others too. Just depends how much time you want to devote to looking.

Stephen

#7 Lola5000

Lola5000

• 1,666 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 05:58

I'd be contacing Bob Jane,he must have photos and files on both his ex cars.

#8 terryokv2

terryokv2

• 28 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 00:25

Thanks to everyone who is contributing to this Register. Please make sure and let me know who should receive credit for the photos.
It is much appreciated.

#9 cooper997

cooper997

• 3,872 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 11:40

Terry,

Regards copyright/potential payment, as I eluded previously, you would be best to contact ellrosso - Lindsay Ross - to sort that out. Send him a pm or there will be a contact for him at www.oldracephotos.com

C Type-wise, I guess you are familiar with the Motor Racing Publications Ltd booklet, 'Le Mans 1953 - The story of a great British achievement' by Desmond J Scannell. Forty pages, soft cover, period insight worth tracking if you haven't seen it before.

Stephen

#10 Lola5000

Lola5000

• 1,666 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 04:46

Terry,

Regards copyright/potential payment, as I eluded previously, you would be best to contact ellrosso - Lindsay Ross - to sort that out. Send him a pm or there will be a contact for him at www.oldracephotos.com

C Type-wise, I guess you are familiar with the Motor Racing Publications Ltd booklet, 'Le Mans 1953 - The story of a great British achievement' by Desmond J Scannell. Forty pages, soft cover, period insight worth tracking if you haven't seen it before.

Stephen

I had that ): book for years and lost it or lent it.