Photo

Australian drag racing

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 terry mcgrath

terry mcgrath

• 650 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 06:53

The opening meeting of Ravenswood was 30th november 1969 drag racing prior to this had been at Fairbridge farm and the main straight of Caversham.
I am interested to find out more about a 2 seater sports car (maybe an australian fibreglass body) called Mighty Mouse which was powered by a 179 Holden donk the driver was Ron Willmont.
Also running was Jim Percival in a maroon E type coupe who recorded a time of 14.8secs
see article in Australian Rodsports and Drag Racing Newsmagazine 26 dec 1969.
I am interested to get any info and photos on sports car that attended these drag meets throughout australia as various interestingcars were run ie Lister Jaguar XKSS, XK150, E type etc
terry

Advertisement

#2 Lola5000

Lola5000

• 1,666 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 07:03

The opening meeting of Ravenswood was 30th november 1969 drag racing prior to this had been at Fairbridge farm and the main straight of Caversham.
I am interested to find out more about a 2 seater sports car (maybe an australian fibreglass body) called Mighty Mouse which was powered by a 179 Holden donk the driver was Ron Willmont.
Also running was Jim Percival in a maroon E type coupe who recorded a time of 14.8secs
see article in Australian Rodsports and Drag Racing Newsmagazine 26 dec 1969.
I am interested to get any info and photos on sports car that attended these drag meets throughout australia as various interestingcars were run ie Lister Jaguar XKSS, XK150, E type etc
terry

Hi Terry, I've got a photo at Riverside dragway Jan '65.
Jaguar E-type roadster,with no front or rear bumpers or centre grille driven by AGP 1935/7 winner Les Murphy against my fathers '64 Pontiac GTO( Owen Bailey)
regards Rob.
ps the GTO won 15.28seconds.