• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Lloyd

Lloyd

• 1 posts

Posted 02 February 1999 - 06:34

My first trip to the San Marion GP. I would
appreciate any help or opinions on the
following. I will be staying in Bologna.
1) What are the best seats other than at the
start/finish?
2) What is the best way to get to the track
from Bologna?
3) The best places for pre/after race
partying & food especially for a Ferrari
fan.

Thanks!!! I need all the help I can get.

Advertisement

#2 ARing

ARing

• 211 posts

Posted 06 February 1999 - 23:12

I will also be attending San Marino for the first time this May, and will be staying in Bologna. Other than being a non-Ferrari fan, I have the same questions Lloyd has.

Thanks for any help!

#3 krobinson

krobinson

• 610 posts

Posted 07 February 1999 - 00:06

I went in 97, so I will try to offer what help I can. The best seats depend on what you're looking for. Do you want to see the cars for a long time, or for a short time, but better viewing. If you just want to see them as much as possible, I recomend stand P, which is on the exit of Tosa. From there, you can see the cars just out of the exit of Tamburello, through Villeneuve and Tosa, and up the hill to Piratella The higher your seats, the more you can see, but the farther you are from the cars. I would reccommend sitting at Aqua Minerale (stand C). The viewing is fantastic. The cars come down the hill from Piratella, through Aqua Minerale, and up the hill to variante Alta. You can really see which drivers are on it, as they hit the marks perfectly every time. The ticket prices for 97 were L.370,000 for 3 day tickets for those stands. (On Fri and Sat, you get access to stands C-H, but not P.) The ticket agency is

Sagis
P.le L. Da Vince
1-40026 IMOLA

tel.(0039) 0542/34116
fax. (0039) 0542/34159.

A train runs from Bologna Cle. directly to Imola. Most of them run onward to Ancona or Rimini. On race weekend, they will most likely have free trains on race day, but they tend to leave later in the day and you would miss not only morning practice, but also miss out on a good seat. Tickets are not that much anyway. It is only about 30-45 min, depending on how busy it is, and how many stops the train makes. From the train station in Imola, you walk out the front door, and follow the road all the way to the track. It is about a 10-15 min walk. I might warn you that people start arriving at the track on Tuesday to mark off their spots. Some stands have reserved seating, others do not. People will sleep on the stands to ensure themselves a good spot. (That is what I did.)

Cheers.

Brian