Photo

HRS

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 fivestar

fivestar

• 334 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 04:18

In the Monthly Pictures section of the January 2011 Classic Cars there is a picture of Dudley Sterry's HRS bouncing of the chicane at GoodWood.

I know about HRGs but have never before come across any reference to an HRS. I can only assume this is a re engined HRG??

Any enlightnment would be appreciated.

rgds - Mike [5*]

Advertisement

#2 Bauble

Bauble

• 1,040 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 08:50

This car and driver won the 2010 VSCC's Pomeroy Trophy at Silverstone. This year's event is on 26th. Feb (no public access)

You can find pictures of the car in action at www.picasaweb.google.co.uk/rbmapics Album named Pomeroy Trophy 2009 car number 33. These may be downloaded FoC if you wish.

Edited by Bauble, 10 February 2011 - 09:02.

#3 Odseybod

Odseybod

• 1,800 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 09:06

In the Monthly Pictures section of the January 2011 Classic Cars there is a picture of Dudley Sterry's HRS bouncing of the chicane at GoodWood.

I know about HRGs but have never before come across any reference to an HRS. I can only assume this is a re engined HRG??

Any enlightnment would be appreciated.

rgds - Mike [5*]

The Production Editor who changed my G to an S is now in the salt mines ... Probably also explains why he amended my original heading, "Ouch, that HRGs!"

#4 Roy C

Roy C

• 119 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 09:19

I've seen "HRS" in a few VSCC programmes in recent years. At first I thought it was a typo as the car appeared to be an HRG. An HRG-based special?

#5 Allan Lupton

Allan Lupton

• 4,051 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 09:59

I've seen "HRS" in a few VSCC programmes in recent years. At first I thought it was a typo as the car appeared to be an HRG. An HRG-based special?

That's right Roy.
Barry Clarke aided and abetted by Dudley Sterry (or vice versa) made what seems to be a Riley-engined HRG chassised special some time ago, since when it has also been supercharged. Used for more or less every type of competition that the VSCC runs. So far as I've noticed, these days Barry does rallies in it (as he has for many years) and Dudley drives it in races and speed events. Here he is in it at Prescott:
Posted Image

#6 fivestar

fivestar

• 334 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 11:51

I now assume HRS stands for Halford, Robins, Sterry.

#7 Bauble

Bauble

• 1,040 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 14:36

I now assume HRS stands for Halford, Robins, Sterry.

By Godfrey! You could be right.

#8 elansprint72

elansprint72

• 4,027 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 15:05

The Production Editor who changed my G to an S is now in the salt mines ..........

Can we expect another feature on Auto Unions then?  ;)

#9 Odseybod

Odseybod

• 1,800 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 15:41

Can we expect another feature on Auto Unions then? ;)

I don't think we'd want to poach another magazine's exclusive :)