Frank Lockhart biography in the works

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 johnrbayer

johnrbayer

• 3 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 01:03

Autosporteers:

Hello, I've written a screenplay biography of American racing driver Frank S. Lockhart and the story of his cars and career for my Master's Thesis. I started collecting info some 17 years ago for a lost-wax sculpture of his car.  I'm a long-time amateur historian and have a couple published articles, in the now-defunct AutoAficionado and other publications.

I look forward to hearing from you and am seeking unusual or unknown photos, anecdotes, and etc about Frank and his career.

Please see the website at stutzblackhawk.tripod.com.

Thanks in advance,

John Bayer
VA Beach, VA

The Frank Lockhart Biography Project, http://stutzblackhawk.tripod.com

Edited by johnrbayer, 21 February 2022 - 01:39.

Advertisement

#2 Bauble

Bauble

• 1,040 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 09:05

John,
Beware, over here in the UK Frank Lockhart was a long time club racer, he raced a Rover Formula 2 car for many years. You may receive spurious info iif not careful.

regards,

Bob

#3 Bloggsworth

Bloggsworth

• 9,400 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 09:22

John,
Beware, over here in the UK Frank Lockhart was a long time club racer, he raced a Rover Formula 2 car for many years. You may receive spurious info iif not careful.

regards,

Bob

I used to see him, wearing goggles and a WW2 pilot's helmet, driving his stripped down Rover around the Earl's Court area in the mid 60s.

#4 johnrbayer

johnrbayer

• 3 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 14:35

I used to see him, wearing goggles and a WW2 pilot's helmet, driving his stripped down Rover around the Earl's Court area in the mid 60s.

Bauble Bob - thanks for the heads up! Yes, audience, to clarify - this is the American Frank Lockhart, who perished at Daytona/Ormond in 1928.

Thanks again, Bob!

John

#5 Flat Black 84

Flat Black 84

• 739 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 14:57

I don't have any info for you, John, but I do want to wish you good luck.

I'm working on a similar project about Walt Faulkner, but I'm shooting for filthy lucre rather than an M.A.

:smoking: