Photo

Belgium GP 99

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Andy H

Andy H

• 109 posts

Posted 09 February 1999 - 22:54

Does anyone know if it is possible to travel to the circuit each day from somewhere nearby using a bus or rail service.
If so what are the details and where are good places to stay (eg. Liege?)

Andy H.
[PS. No suggestions involving camping or driving myself are very welcome, I'm too soft for that.]

Advertisement

#2 krobinson

krobinson

• 610 posts

Posted 16 February 1999 - 13:12

Since you say that you're too soft to try camping, that kind of limits the number of ideas that I can offer.

I went in 1998, and found that there is a hotel about 3/4 of a mile from La Source hairpin (but I'm sure that is reserved long in advance). I'm sure that there is another bed and breakfast place somewhere close, but that too is probably reserved a couple of years in advance.

The best bet would be to try a little town named Verviers. You can take a train from Liege to there and then to Spa, which only a short bus ride from Francorchamps. Spa is not too close, but since the name is part of the circuit, it too should be packed. Verviers is close enough (maye 35 minutes out by train and bus) and probably isn't too busy. I didn't notice any hotels or hostels there, but I'm sure there are some.

Having said all of this, I would still recommend camping or renting some sort of trailer because you can camp within 1/4 of a mile of multiple track entrances. And they also put you into great positions for race morning when you have to get to the track really early.

Good luck with your trip.

KRobinson