Photo

1:32 1967 Alan Mann Ford Falcon

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 davewisdom

davewisdom

• 14 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 17:53

I have a passion for making slot car models of cars I was lucky enough to witness in action as a youngster back in the late 60s and 70s.

The first depicts Frank Gardners 1967 Oulton Park Gold Cup British Saloon Championship race winner

Posted Image

The second is another one of Franks mounts; this time his SCA Freight Camaro from 1972

Posted Image

And finally; John Fitzpatricks Broadspeed Anglia, also from the 1967 Oulton Park race.

Posted Image

Thanks for looking.

Dave

Advertisement

#2 pressman

pressman

• 255 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 19:54

I have a passion for making slot car models of cars I was lucky enough to witness in action as a youngster back in the late 60s and 70s.

The first depicts Frank Gardners 1967 Oulton Park Gold Cup British Saloon Championship race winner

Posted Image

The second is another one of Franks mounts; this time his SCA Freight Camaro from 1972

Posted Image

And finally; John Fitzpatricks Broadspeed Anglia, also from the 1967 Oulton Park race.

Posted Image

Thanks for looking.

Dave

Very Nice :up:
Cheers
Steve

#3 Paglesham

Paglesham

• 64 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 19:33

Hi Dave,
nice to see you on here.
Another lovely build from you, sir!

Cheers,
Martin

#4 SWB

SWB

• 244 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 21:23

Excellent work, I love the Falcon.

Steve

#5 David Lawson

David Lawson

• 968 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 08:48

I was at a slot car race meeting in Wolverhampton over the weekend and Dave was also there with a lot of his cars so I had the opportunity to see these in the flesh.

There was a Falcon in a metallic blue accompanying the Gardner version which I thought was better still.

They are brilliants builds and even better than they appear in these photographs, in my opinion Dave Wisdom is in the top two or three slot car scratchbuilders in the UK, perhaps you could post some more of your cars here please.

David

#6 Paglesham

Paglesham

• 64 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 10:48

Praise indeed, Dave.

Show the guys that superb Rover P6 build you did.

Martin

#7 SWB

SWB

• 244 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 08:43

Yes, more! I also wouldn't mind seeing what is 'under the hood' if its not giving secrets away?

Steve