Photo

How do I move a post?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 AbingdonST

AbingdonST

• 72 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 15:51

Hi all, I have just made my first post and sent it to the Technical forum instead of this one how do I move it?

Advertisement

#2 chdphd

chdphd

• 2,810 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 16:02

Usually only mods can move posts about.

#3 AbingdonST

AbingdonST

• 72 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 16:08

Usually only mods can move posts about.

Many thanks for that, I will wait while my glaring incompetence is spotted as somebody intervenes.
Ade

Edited by AbingdonST, 23 February 2011 - 16:09.

#4 elansprint72

elansprint72

• 4,029 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 17:59

Many thanks for that, I will wait while my glaring incompetence is spotted as somebody intervenes.
Ade

The quickest way to get the mod's attention is to click on the "report" button and tell them what you have done, although that is not really what it is there for.

#5 Allan Lupton

Allan Lupton

• 4,052 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 18:09

Can't you just use the delete button, having copied the text first, and then add it as a reply to the thread you want it on.
Won't work if it's the first post in a thread I expect.

#6 AbingdonST

AbingdonST

• 72 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 18:41

The quickest way to get the mod's attention is to click on the "report" button and tell them what you have done, that is notalthough really what it is there for.

Better do it properly as advised on other forum, by email, don't want to get told off so soon tis like being back at school.
Thanks
Ade

#7 AbingdonST

AbingdonST

• 72 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 18:45

Can't you just use the delete button, having copied the text first, and then add it as a reply to the thread you want it on.
Won't work if it's the first post in a thread I expect.

Hello Allan, I am in this mess because of a basic lack of computermabob skills, you advising deleting and copying and joining to other things is obviously some kind of sadistic game, thanks.
All the best
Ade

#8 Robin Fairservice

Robin Fairservice

• 599 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 19:44

Hello Allan, I am in this mess because of a basic lack of computermabob skills, you advising deleting and copying and joining to other things is obviously some kind of sadistic game, thanks.
All the best
Ade

Try and keep things simple. Why not forget your post in the other Forum and post what you wanted to in this Forum? You can always check back to the other to see if there is a response, and then you can suggest that they look in this one for your reply to them.

#9 AbingdonST

AbingdonST

• 72 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 20:09

Try and keep things simple. Why not forget your post in the other Forum and post what you wanted to in this Forum? You can always check back to the other to see if there is a response, and then you can suggest that they look in this one for your reply to them.

Yes, thats more like it Robin, Keep it simple. At last somebody who realises my limitations, I will wait until tommorrow and see if the email request for the moderator to move it bears fruit, if not I will take your advice and re-post correctly.
Thanks for your time
Ade

#10 rallen

rallen

• 555 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 20:55

If it makes you feel better, I am loving the thread!

#11 RS2000

RS2000

• 2,573 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 21:46

To answer the question that has not yet been posed here: no, I don't know of any photos of those two cars (and can't recall them, although I was out on the events concerned). There seemed to be a bit of a press conspiracy by then to ignore Minis on major events, until years later when they were even rarer and thus "quaint".

#12 Ray Bell

Ray Bell

• 80,259 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 22:41

There is another forum for asking this kind of question, the 'Atlas F1' forum...

Or it used to be, now it's the 'Website Feedback' forum:

http://forums.autosp...php?showforum=1

I'd imagine all the moderators check it regularly and fix things.

#13 AbingdonST

AbingdonST

• 72 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 12:15

If it makes you feel better, I am loving the thread!

Yes it's funny how someone else's stupidity gives us all a lift, guess it was my turn,glad you enjoyed :)

#14 AbingdonST

AbingdonST

• 72 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 12:21

To answer the question that has not yet been posed here: no, I don't know of any photos of those two cars (and can't recall them, although I was out on the events concerned). There seemed to be a bit of a press conspiracy by then to ignore Minis on major events, until years later when they were even rarer and thus "quaint".

That is a shame as you were one of the regular TNF'rs that I had pinned my hopes on, the car in question is my own ex-works BL Special Tuning 1275GT (ex press car) SOH 956H it was loaned to Phil Cooper, I will get the good lady to post some photos in the hope of jogging some memories, thanks for your input so far.
Ade

#15 David Shaw

David Shaw

• 1,734 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 12:24

Try a crowbar.

#16 AbingdonST

AbingdonST

• 72 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 12:25

There is another forum for asking this kind of question, the 'Atlas F1' forum...

Or it used to be, now it's the 'Website Feedback' forum:

http://forums.autosp...php?showforum=1

I'd imagine all the moderators check it regularly and fix things.

Thanks Ray, I have been repositioned in the bosom of the TNF