Photo

Someone looking for Jamie Moore?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 raceannouncer2003

raceannouncer2003

• 2,944 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 06:20

I mentioned Jamie Moore on another thread. He lives in Tauranga, New Zealand. He was the brother of Kathie McLean, the widow of 1965 Canadian champion Bob McLean. Kathie passed away recently. Someone found Jamie's name on the forum and emailed me looking for his contact info. Apparently, the person who emailed me is the wife of Jamie's godson, who hasn't seen him in years and would like to make contact. However, the email seems to have disappeared. Could that person please email me again? Thanks.

Vince Howlett

Advertisement

#2 kiwiboss

kiwiboss

• 25 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 07:59

I mentioned Jamie Moore on another thread. He lives in Tauranga, New Zealand. He was the brother of Kathie McLean, the widow of 1965 Canadian champion Bob McLean. Kathie passed away recently. Someone found Jamie's name on the forum and emailed me looking for his contact info. Apparently, the person who emailed me is the wife of Jamie's godson, who hasn't seen him in years and would like to make contact. However, the email seems to have disappeared. Could that person please email me again? Thanks.

Vince Howlett

Hi Vince, I recieved this E-Mail(as below)lastnight asking for Jamies info!!!!

Hi there. My name is Debbie Gordon, and I live in British Columbia, Canada.
I see that you know Jamie Moore. I was wondering if you have contact information for him (email?) or would be able to pass along our contact info for Jamie to contact us. My husband, Mike, would like to get in contact with him. Jamie is Mike's godfather, and he has not seen him since he was a child and Jamie moved to New Zealand. Mike has been trying to track him down for quite some time.
Thank you for any assistance you can give us.
Debbie Gordon

As i live in Tauranga, NZ and although i dont know Jamie very well, he does call by and see me from time to time!!I have a shop restoring and building classic Mustang race cars, rite up Jamies alley. There are lots of J Moores in the PH book, i have some contacts that will know him, i'll make some calls tomorrow

Dale Mathers(NZL)

#3 wenoopy

wenoopy

• 648 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 09:14

As i live in Tauranga, NZ and although i dont know Jamie very well, he does call by and see me from time to time!!I have a shop restoring and building classic Mustang race cars, rite up Jamies alley. There are lots of J Moores in the PH book, i have some contacts that will know him, i'll make some calls tomorrow

Dale Mathers(NZL)

If that fails, a flick through the electoral rolls at a local library might turn something up.

#4 raceannouncer2003

raceannouncer2003

• 2,944 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 07:16

Thanks, Dale, that's great. I would like to forward this email to Michelle McLean-Dryden, daughter of Bob and Kathie McLean, before she heads back to Australia, to see if she knows these folks.

Could you send me the email address for Debbie Gordon?

Vince H.

#5 kiwiboss

kiwiboss

• 25 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 07:59

Thanks, Dale, that's great. I would like to forward this email to Michelle McLean-Dryden, daughter of Bob and Kathie McLean, before she heads back to Australia, to see if she knows these folks.

Could you send me the email address for Debbie Gordon?

Vince H.

Sent you a message Vince. Got a bit busy today, i ask a mate this afternoon about Jamie and he put me onto some else to try!! I'll find him.

Cheers

Dale Mathers(NZL)

#6 PaulieG

PaulieG

• 24 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 06:42

Sent you a message Vince. Got a bit busy today, i ask a mate this afternoon about Jamie and he put me onto some else to try!! I'll find him.

Cheers

Dale Mathers(NZL)

I can help with anyone looking for Jamie Moore, his wife Susan works for me and I have met Jamie who told me all about the Mustangs etc, that he and Bob used to race. Let me know if you still need to track him down

#7 kiwiboss

kiwiboss

• 25 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 20:41

I can help with anyone looking for Jamie Moore, his wife Susan works for me and I have met Jamie who told me all about the Mustangs etc, that he and Bob used to race. Let me know if you still need to track him down

Can you tell him to come in and see me PaulieG!! down in Koromiko street, TGA.

Dale Mathers(NZL)