Photo

FOR SALE: 2004/5 West McLaren Engineers Overalls

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ashnathan

ashnathan

• 5,018 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 08:16

ok as title states, for sale are my 2003/2004/2005 race engineers overalls. From which year is unknown but going by sponsors alone and presentation I believe its 2004. They are authentic Hugo Boss, immaculate condition (not sure if used but if they were it may have only been once or twice they are absolutely flawless and in brand new immaculate condition!), zip off arms/legs, chest pockets with zips aswell as a zip pocket on each leg, and pockets at the hips, adjustable wrist cuffs with zips and velcro straps. The main zip that runs down the centre of the suit has a black plastic tag with BOSS on one side and HUGO BOSS in smaller letters on the back. The neck snaps together with a single silver button that sits above the main zip. 7 pockets in total (one hidden chest pocket on the inside of the suit on your left side). Adjustable waist via 2 velcro straps.

All zippas are chrome finished and have McLaren engraved on one side and BOSS engraved on the other. It really is a beautiful piece of kit. As always with McLaren, the attention to detail is excellent. The shiny metallic black really glimmers in the sunlight, almost looks wet its so shiny. This suit is NOT fire proof.

Size 58, or XL i believe?

this particular suit was issued to a D. Wright, I've done a little bit of a search but couldn't find anyone by that name working for McLaren other than a David Wright but he left in 98. But this is an Engineer or Technicians suit, not Mechanics.

Its known that when McLaren ended its partnership with West Tobacco due to the tobacco banning in F1 that all McLaren employees were made to turn their team wear in to be destroyed so not to be sold to the public. This is how Ron Dennis operates. So its extremely hard to get your hands on much West branded team wear, there are shirts/jackets etc out there if you know where to look although not many, but suits are rare, definitely this is the first ever Engineers suit I've come accross in my time.

That being said I will only accept sensible offers. Contact me via PM and thankyou in advance!

Here are some photos: (Im not a photographer so my apologies if they aren't up to scratch, i was in a bit of a rush also) Ill take other photos on request if need be.

Front

Back

Back Close Up

Full Suit Back

Full Suit Front

Front with sleeves Close Up

Front with Sleeves

Back With Sleeve

McLaren Engraved Zip

Top of Main Zip (Hugo Boss)

Top of Main Zip (BOSS)

Tag