Posting photos ( how to )

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 greg1953

greg1953

• 430 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 10:48

Hello everyone
my name is Greg Wootton and I was a perpetual backmarker in 70s club racing at Croft, Silloth, Elvington & Carnaby but I was and still am a keen photographer and have loads of photos from those tracks plus Olivers Mount but I haven't a clue how to put them on this forum.
I have put several on Imageshack but can't find any instructions ( or any that make sense ) of how to do it .
Can someone explain in jargon free terms what I need to do ?
Greg

Advertisement

#2 chdphd

chdphd

• 2,763 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 11:29

You can find some help here: http://forums.autosp...p;#entry4599602

#3 knickerbrook

knickerbrook

• 1,231 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 13:27

Hi Brother :wave:

If it is any help, this is how I post my pictures. Go to Image Shack at :-

http://www.imageshack.us/index.php

Select “Images”. Then hit the “Browse” button and select the required picture from your files. Click on “Resizing” and choose 640 x 480 (for message boards) or 800 x 600 (if you want it bigger), then click “upload now”. Then wait for the “upload successful” page to appear, and from the “Links to share your image” list, highlight “Forum Code” (by right-click/select all) and copy and paste this into the forum reply. Then hit the “Preview Message” button (on the forum reply) to see the picture as it will be posted. Works for me anyway!

Barry.

#4 picblanc

picblanc

• 12,531 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 17:16

Hi Brother :wave:

If it is any help, this is how I post my pictures. Go to Image Shack at :-

http://www.imageshack.us/index.php

Select "Images". Then hit the "Browse" button and select the required picture from your files. Click on "Resizing" and choose 640 x 480 (for message boards) or 800 x 600 (if you want it bigger), then click "upload now". Then wait for the "upload successful" page to appear, and from the "Links to share your image" list, highlight "Forum Code" (by right-click/select all) and copy and paste this into the forum reply. Then hit the "Preview Message" button (on the forum reply) to see the picture as it will be posted. Works for me anyway!

Barry.

Run that past me again Barry! :rotfl: :rotfl:

#5 greg1953

greg1953

• 430 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 19:12

Hello everyone
my name is Greg Wootton and I was a perpetual backmarker in 70s club racing at Croft, Silloth, Elvington & Carnaby but I was and still am a keen photographer and have loads of photos from those tracks plus Olivers Mount but I haven't a clue how to put them on this forum.
I have put several on Imageshack but can't find any instructions ( or any that make sense ) of how to do it .
Can someone explain in jargon free terms what I need to do ?
Greg

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Thanks for the help,here's a couple from Olivers Mount around '81 ish.

#6 ravenous25

ravenous25

• 243 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 11:54

Dave Dean and Steve Henshaw in the first pic
Stewart Cole, Mick Grant, Andy watts and Paul Tinker in the second - love where the chap is taking pics on the exit - he wouldn't be allowed there now!