First rally Sierra

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 theboogieman

theboogieman

• 3 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 12:34

:wave: Hi everybody,

Thought I'd say hello and ask if anyone could possibly help out with any pics and/or info about a car I am restoring?

The car is the the CG Ford sierra rally car...NHS 583Y
It was built by County Garage ford and driven by Dougie Watson clark in 1984.

Posted Image

It was built with help and technical collaboration from R.E.D and appeared on the stages at the same time as the R.E.D car driven by Louise Aitkin Walker.

It origially ran with a bdg and zf box, until having a prototype of the cosworth engine and getrag box tested in it. (which it still has)

I have had a long chats with Dougie and have a lot of info about the build, but CG Ford sold the car on after 2 years and switched to the standard sierra cosworth for the Securicor challenge.

If anyone has any pics or info that will help with the resoration, or stories and anecdotes about the car it would be a god send to helping the restoration.
As you can imagine, as the car is either one of the first ever two sierra rally cars or possibly the first sierra cosworth, I really want to try and get it right.

This is a link to the resto Thread on Passion ford:

http://passionford.c...r-some-tlc.html

Cheers in advance :)
Baz
Baz

Advertisement

#2 Fatgadget

Fatgadget

• 6,966 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 14:01

Post the above here- http://www.britishra...o...?f=5&t=8132 -someone there will know.

#3 RS2000

RS2000

• 2,573 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 14:52

...and where Pughie will be able to spot his own photo.

#4 theboogieman

theboogieman

• 3 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 15:43

Hi guys, yes a thread did run for a while on the british rally forum, a lot of good pics (including the above ) came from there, and from pughie and rob lees.

#5 Derwent Motorsport

Derwent Motorsport

• 860 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 21:58

I'll forward this thread to Paul Gilligan who was a director of County Garage as he may be able to help.

#6 theboogieman

theboogieman

• 3 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 10:23

@Derwentm/sport, Did you have any joy?
Cheers