Photo

1969 Hutchinson 100

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Herr Wankel

Herr Wankel

• 941 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 19:31

Guys,has anyone got the starters for the '69 Hutch 100,particularly the races Santiago Herrero was in? :up:

HW

Advertisement

#2 Rennmax

Rennmax

• 2,048 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 08:19

Hi HW,

Posted Image

Think I can identify Tony Rutter, Barry Sheene,Brian Kemp, Chas Mortimer in the background

#3 Herr Wankel

Herr Wankel

• 941 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 09:36

Hi HW,

Posted Image

Think I can identify Tony Rutter, Barry Sheene,Brian Kemp, Chas Mortimer in the background

Renn,your a star :up:
Is 34 Brian Kemp?

HW

#4 Rennmax

Rennmax

• 2,048 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 10:13

HW, wonder who #34 is, just assumed that the guy with the dark helmet and stripes partly hidden by Read might be Brian ?

Edit: This event is quite nicely mentioned in Colin Seeley's Vol 1 book

Edited by Rennmax, 13 March 2011 - 10:20.

#5 GD66

GD66

• 2,237 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 11:43

I think the dark helmet and stripes might be Chas Mortimer.

Kemp may or may not be #34, but a mate rang up Friday, and asked "Did you know Brian Kemp is living in Australia ?"
Naturally I said "Yeah, yeah, been here for years, he's always on TNF banging on about being the first to wear coloured leathers, first to wear a Bell Star etc."...

He said, "Funny, that's what he said in the article I'm reading".... ;)

#6 Herr Wankel

Herr Wankel

• 941 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 16:24

I think the dark helmet and stripes might be Chas Mortimer.

Kemp may or may not be #34, but a mate rang up Friday, and asked "Did you know Brian Kemp is living in Australia ?"
Naturally I said "Yeah, yeah, been here for years, he's always on TNF banging on about being the first to wear coloured leathers, first to wear a Bell Star etc."...

He said, "Funny, that's what he said in the article I'm reading"....;)

You might be right Glenn.Whoever it is he's not waiting to be told twice!!

HW

#7 fastfitter

fastfitter

• 174 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 19:25

Phew, three days to get my enrolement approved but made it at last. And to think a few months ago I was this >< close to chucking all my old programmes away ....

#34 was Andy Manship, listed as 4th reserve. He finished 6th.

I recall a paddock tannoy announcement during practice asking if anyone had a large vice - Herrero's OSSA had seized in practice and they couldn't get the disc valve off. They obviously sorted it as he won the 250 Championship race pictured.

#8 picblanc

picblanc

• 12,531 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 19:35

Phew, three days to get my enrolement approved but made it at last. And to think a few months ago I was this >< close to chucking all my old programmes away ....

#34 was Andy Manship, listed as 4th reserve. He finished 6th.

I recall a paddock tannoy announcement during practice asking if anyone had a large vice - Herrero's OSSA had seized in practice and they couldn't get the disc valve off. They obviously sorted it as he won the 250 Championship race pictured.

Niceone ff, glad you made it! :wave:

Great avatar too!!

Edited by picblanc, 18 March 2011 - 19:35.

#9 fil2.8

fil2.8

• 19,496 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 19:41

Niceone ff, glad you made it! :wave:

Great avatar too!!

Yes , welcome from me , also , look forward to your input :up:

#10 philippe7

philippe7

• 2,849 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 19:47

Guys, for those of you on facebook, look for a guy called Damien Follenfant he has a brilliant album of photos he took at the 1969 Hutch' - which is visible by everybody as far as I can tell

#11 picblanc

picblanc

• 12,531 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 19:48

Guys, for those of you on facebook, look for a guy called Damien Follenfant he has a brilliant album of photos he took at the 1969 Hutch' - which is visible by everybody as far as I can tell

Indeed a great set of photos. :up:

#12 fastfitter

fastfitter

• 174 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 21:51

Thanks gents. Some great pictures on Damien's FB page. I was stood on Clearways with my Dad and younger brother - the only camera we had was an old Kodak and all the bikes turned out tiny in the pictures.

I was lucky to be at the '68 Hutch as well and saw Hailwood on the 6, Paso on the Benelli and Read and Ivy on the V4s - great days

#13 fil2.8

fil2.8

• 19,496 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 22:14

Thanks gents. Some great pictures on Damien's FB page. I was stood on Clearways with my Dad and younger brother - the only camera we had was an old Kodak and all the bikes turned out tiny in the pictures.

I was lucky to be at the '68 Hutch as well and saw Hailwood on the 6, Paso on the Benelli and Read and Ivy on the V4s - great days

Snap , so was I , but in the start/finish grandstand , where the noise was fantastic :love: , echoing around the roof :up:

#14 PilotesdeLegende

PilotesdeLegende

• 211 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 20:28

Hello Puilippe,
thanks for this Facebook add. The photos are really good.
Does any one have the same thing but for the 1970 Hutchinson 100.
Any thing would be very welcome.
Thanks.