Photo

Who would like to see...?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 dommieracer

dommieracer

• 216 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 20:28

Ok, who would like to see this ex GP outfit back on the track? i know i would.

http://www.flickr.co...N06/5441958488/

I found the main frame a couple of years ago on ebay, have gathered Dunlop rims and a few Manx items, several Laydown gearbox's etc over the last few years. My father is in the middle of this pic. I intend on building the outfit to his first GP race. West German GP Nurburgring 1965, number 11 and he finished 7th. I wrote to Classic Racer a few years ago looking for info. I got some nice replies, a guy from Belfast ( same birth place as my late mother )told me about my dads French GP result and T Ken Davies ( 6th ) phoned me about the German GP etc. I am desperate to build this outfit and would love to have help in any way, no matter how small. If any one out there can help then please contact me.

Kind Regards

Kevin

Advertisement

#2 Herr Wankel

Herr Wankel

• 941 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 20:34

Ok, who would like to see this ex GP outfit back on the track? i know i would.

http://www.flickr.co...N06/5441958488/

I found the main frame a couple of years ago on ebay, have gathered Dunlop rims and a few Manx items, several Laydown gearbox's etc over the last few years. My father is in the middle of this pic. I intend on building the outfit to his first GP race. West German GP Nurburgring 1965, number 11 and he finished 7th. I wrote to Classic Racer a few years ago looking for info. I got some nice replies, a guy from Belfast ( same birth place as my late mother )told me about my dads French GP result and T Ken Davies ( 6th ) phoned me about the German GP etc. I am desperate to build this outfit and would love to have help in any way, no matter how small. If any one out there can help then please contact me.

Kind Regards

Kevin

Go for it young Sweet

HW

#3 dommieracer

dommieracer

• 216 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 20:41

Go for it young Sweet

HW

Thank you HW, it means alot to me.
:)

#4 dommieracer

dommieracer

• 216 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 22:09

Posted Image
By joeninety at 2011-03-13
I love the sidecar blokes so inventive and often overlooked like the fifty 50cc class full of clever designs by individuals on limited budgets, should have had a go on a chair when time was on my side..............

Thank you for up loading the pic joe90. If or when the outfit is running you are more than welcome to have a go.

Kevin

#5 dommieracer

dommieracer

• 216 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 21:27

Ok Joe, i now have a picture of you racing. Did you ever ride the Suttleworth Demon? :rotfl:

Kevin

#6 exclubracer

exclubracer

• 1,720 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 22:38

Not only did I ride it but also brazed the unions on the lugs that held the front forks in place and spot welded the famous front mudguard. Funny little story here, whilst up at Mick Currants house they had "No Limit" on the video. Carol says to Currant, at least you only have to wear a T shirt and not sing about the bike, never heard Currant sing by the way :)
Posted Image
By joeninety at 2011-02-14
It's turned out nice again :lol:

:wave: Best wishes for the project Kevin, It'll be a cracker when it's done! :up:

#7 dommieracer

dommieracer

• 216 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 21:57

:wave: Best wishes for the project Kevin, It'll be a cracker when it's done! :up:

Thanks Mick, will be a few years yet and it will have an Open Megga as it should be, so not out too often in the UK. :well: If you know what i mean.