• 1,432 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 08:34

Whos going. ???????

Advertisement

#2 dank

dank

• 5,191 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 08:47

Any info on admission? There's nothing on the Donington website regarding prices, in fact, there's no mention of the event at all.

#3 millau

millau

• 37 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 09:01

Any info on admission? There's nothing on the Donington website regarding prices, in fact, there's no mention of the event at all.

Still on HSCC website http://www.hscc.org.uk/calendar.html

Practice from 09:00 on Sunday

Scant detail beyond

World Superbikes following weekend being first event shown at Donny

Albeit today (15 March) unsilenced practice day

#4 Giraffe

Giraffe

• 7,316 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 09:06

The phone number on the HSCC website for spectator information has been on divert to a mobile since a car crashed through the fence and took the exchange out early yesterday morning! They told me however that tickets were purchasable via the website and I told them that this was not the case. They eventually agreed with me and gave me a price of £14 on the gate which is the only available option! What a shambles! :drunk:

The provisional entry list looks good and I am planning on being there! :wave:

http://www.hscc.org......0Don 2011.pdf

Edited by Giraffe, 15 March 2011 - 09:10.

#5 Ted Walker

Ted Walker

• 1,432 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 16:56

Admission etc I hasten to add is NOTHING to do with the HSCC.We only rent the circuit for the day.

#6 BenM

BenM

• 12 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 17:24

I will be there for sure! Just a little bit excited.... :stoned:

#7 john aston

john aston

• 2,694 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 19:19

Oh yes. May even go in the Seven if dry- will be first run of 2011.

#8 dank

dank

• 5,191 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 19:30

Not for a minute doubting the information in this thread, but, I've still had no confirmation from Donington themselves about this weekend regarding ticket prices and the like.

Contacting them via the blower seems be nigh on impossible since the incident earlier on in the week and Emails are going unanswered. Shambles really.

#9 delta44

delta44

• 104 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 19:56

Me and Cirrus will be at Donnington. I am running an FJ and Cirrus will be running his FF2000 clip board.

#10 Giraffe

Giraffe

• 7,316 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 22:26

Not for a minute doubting the information in this thread, but, I've still had no confirmation from Donington themselves about this weekend regarding ticket prices and the like.

Contacting them via the blower seems be nigh on impossible since the incident earlier on in the week and Emails are going unanswered. Shambles really.

£14 on the gate dank, trust me. :wave:

#11 Giraffe

Giraffe

• 7,316 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 06:43

Me and Cirrus will be at Donnington. I am running an FJ and Cirrus will be running his FF2000 clip board.

I learn from the 'other' forum that you will be celebrating your birthday at Donington, Iain! Many Happy Returns and Good Luck for today! :wave:

Posted Image
By giraffe138 at 2010-05-15

Edited by Giraffe, 20 March 2011 - 06:43.

#12 Giraffe

Giraffe

• 7,316 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 06:55

Here is a live timing link I obtained from the HSCC website for racing today

http://www.mstworld....htm?series=HSCC

or

http://www.mstworld.com/

#13 john aston

john aston

• 2,694 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 19:15

Well, good to see racers again but Donington was a bloody disgrace. Acres of earthworks ,viewing restricted to chicane down to Craner on infield, overflowing toilets - I would have not been best pleased if some kind person hadn't given me a free ticket. I wish them well but digits need to be extracted- I won't be back until it looks less like a tip.More postively my day was made by seeing a 275GTB, Miura and a Mangusta in the paddock; and Voyazides was very good value in the Falcon. Hope Guards race good- had to leave at 4-30.

#14 Giraffe

Giraffe

• 7,316 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 21:17

Well, good to see racers again but Donington was a bloody disgrace. Acres of earthworks ,viewing restricted to chicane down to Craner on infield, overflowing toilets - I would have not been best pleased if some kind person hadn't given me a free ticket.

I was a guest today of veteran Historic Formula Ford driver Dick Dixon, so like John I have no cause to complain.....

Posted Image
By giraffe138 at 2011-03-20

....Many thanks Dick. :up: With regard to the current state of Donington Park, I'll let you be the judge......

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

However to be fair, it is 'work in progress' and it was a good day's racing. :up:

Edited by Giraffe, 20 March 2011 - 21:24.

#15 Giraffe

Giraffe

• 7,316 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 21:39

Generation gap.....Ben Mitchell the Merlyn Mk 20 #21 is still only 17 years of age I believe, and Stuart Baird in Merlyn Mk11A #6 I watched race 40 years ago!

Posted Image

#16 Cirrus

Cirrus

• 1,753 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 22:25

There's a major motorcycle race meeting at Donington next weekend (signs all along the M1 warning of possible delays). How are they going to cope - especially now that the bar at Redgate Lodge has gone.

#17 BRG

BRG

• 25,941 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 23:03

There's a major motorcycle race meeting at Donington next weekend (signs all along the M1 warning of possible delays). How are they going to cope - especially now that the bar at Redgate Lodge has gone.

I wondered that too - there are no grandstands and almost no catering (although they may bring that in). Hopefully the building site at Redgate will be opened to allow access around the circuit - it seemed impassable today. There's a lot that could be done for little outlay - a bulldozer could flatten out the infield earth heaps in a day or so, and some grass seed would soon get it green again, but not by next weekend!

#18 Pink Snail

Pink Snail

• 521 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 23:15

As I have mentioned elsewhere, Donington should be cut a little bit of slack under the circumstances. Yes, the work is in progress and there will be hardship for a while. The Redgate bar has relocated witthin the paddock area and catering units will be on site for the big meetings. Due to the nature of work in progress and our friends at `Elephant Safety` spectator area are limited for the time being. The main thing is, racing is taking place as it should. The loyal Donington supporters will understand that it has not been easy. The estimate for the infield to be put right in super quick time was in the region of 2 million pounds....any takers for that? The Redgate Lodge will be rebuilt at a later date, reasonably close to where it was before.
Back on thread, it looks like it has been a good weekend on track so all being well it can only get better from here....

Edited by Pink Snail, 20 March 2011 - 23:15.

#19 Cirrus

Cirrus

• 1,753 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 06:56

Thanks for putting us right. I'm sure we all wish the team at Donington every success in getting things back together as soon as is reasonably possible. Good news that Redgate Lodge hasn't been lost forever.

Advertisement

#20 Phil Rainford

Phil Rainford

• 5,302 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 07:33

There's a major motorcycle race meeting at Donington next weekend (signs all along the M1 warning of possible delays).

That is the second round of the World Superbikes..........so indeed a major event for Donington

Let's hope the weather stays fine and the crowds enjoy the racing :)

PAR

Edited by Phil Rainford, 21 March 2011 - 10:12.

#21 Giraffe

Giraffe

• 7,316 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 07:47

The bar is the least of their problems. Chairman of HSCC Chris Sharples told me that on arrival they discovered that there were no longer any phones at the marshal's posts and that he quickly had to arrange walkie-talkies. The outfield was closed.except for the few DPRAC members who somehow managed to reach the clubhouse, and there were no toilets whatsoever in the part open midfield. For some bizzare reason, the midfield was also plagued with midges, especially closer to the lake. The paddock lavs were overflowing and had no towels or paper by noon. Good job the bikers are a hardy lot! :well:

Edited by Giraffe, 21 March 2011 - 07:47.

#22 Giraffe

Giraffe

• 7,316 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 08:02

TNFer Ben Mitchell finished in a creditable eigth place in the Historic Formula Ford race after suffering from some aggressive tactics from his competitors with which Ben was not best pleased :mad:

Posted Image
By giraffe138 at 2011-03-21

Full results for the meeting:

http://www.mstworld......onington Park

#23 Giraffe

Giraffe

• 7,316 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 08:12

Voyazides was very good value in the Falcon.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#24 Nev

Nev

• 293 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 08:18

Thanks to all for posting the pics (especially our long-necked friend). I couldn't make the meeting but enjoyed seeing the pics and reading the comments :wave:

#25 Giraffe

Giraffe

• 7,316 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 08:25

Hope Guards race good- had to leave at 4-30.

Nick Fleming lead the race from flag to flag, comfortably holding off Ed Lovett in his ex-John Lepp B8

Posted Image
Posted Image

I am reliably informed that a B8 with an excellent pedigree recently changed hands for £320k :eek:

The very pretty Michael Birch owned Pace Products / Gareth Burnett run Elva GT160 BMW hit the track in the hands of Alex Ames. Teething problems saw it finish in a respectable 10th place.

Posted Image

Edited by Giraffe, 21 March 2011 - 08:33.

#26 alansart

alansart

• 4,420 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 08:33

TNFer Ben Mitchell finished in a creditable eigth place in the Historic Formula Ford race after suffering from some aggressive tactics from his competitors with which Ben was not best pleased :mad:

Welcome to Formula Ford!

#27 Giraffe

Giraffe

• 7,316 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 08:39

and a Mangusta in the paddock

Not one but two John! Mike Eagles' racer didn't run.

Posted Image

#28 Julian Roberts

Julian Roberts

• 736 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 09:52

I enjoyed the day but as others have already mentioned, the state of the infield is terrible. Fortunately is was dry. Heaven forbid it rains !

No time to caption, I'll leave it to those better qualified to add names and marques etc

I will be adding a few images during the course of the morning, whilst looking over my left shoulder for the boss !

These 2 were on the 1st lap. The Lotus 7 knocked the Elan sideways and was shortly collected by another Elan. Race stopped. 2nd Elan driver very very upset.

Posted Image
Lotus 7 hits Lotus Elan by groupc, on Flickr

Posted Image
Elan contretemps by groupc, on Flickr

Edited by Julian Roberts, 21 March 2011 - 16:08.

#29 Julian Roberts

Julian Roberts

• 736 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 10:04

A few more

Posted Image
MUstang by groupc, on Flickr

Posted Image
The pack by groupc, on Flickr

Posted Image
MGB Roadster - didn't spin by groupc, on Flickr

I took around 750 images, if any drivers or interested onlookers would like an image of a specific car do PM me as I will be delighted to oblige.

Julian

#30 Julian Roberts

Julian Roberts

• 736 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 10:11

Posted Image
Sideways by groupc, on Flickr

Posted Image
Gorgeous by groupc, on Flickr

Posted Image
OP4D0169 by groupc, on Flickr

Posted Image
Denis Welch by groupc, on Flickr

Posted Image
Front engine by groupc, on Flickr

Really must do some work !

#31 Phil Rainford

Phil Rainford

• 5,302 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 10:17

A few more

[Posted Image
MGB Roadster - didn't spin by groupc, on Flickr

Julian

This guy was at Oulton for the Masters Meeting and was a star :up:

PAR

#32 Gary C

Gary C

• 5,571 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 10:58

Great photos, lads. Makes me want even more to get the Nike out for the first time in nearly three years! Perhaps later in the year.................

#33 Giraffe

Giraffe

• 7,316 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 15:32

This guy was at Oulton for the Masters Meeting and was a star :up:

....a local star Phil; it's Dominic Barnes from Tarporley! :up:

#34 Julian Roberts

Julian Roberts

• 736 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 15:38

When he wasn't holding tail out slides, he was saving on rubber...

Posted Image
Every lap - nice to watch by groupc, on Flickr

#35 Giraffe

Giraffe

• 7,316 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 15:56

This Alfa unit spotted in the paddock yesterday is destined for a Bobsy Sportscar currently being restored by Simon Hadfield's boys which should be seen at Mallory Park in the not too distant future

Posted Image

Anthony Ross' shovel Lotus 59 with 1600cc powerplant running in the Classic Racing Cars event

Posted Image

Wimbledon will soon be upon us...........

Posted Image

#36 JockinSA

JockinSA

• 127 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 16:05

As I have mentioned elsewhere, Donington should be cut a little bit of slack under the circumstances. Yes, the work is in progress and there will be hardship for a while. The Redgate bar has relocated witthin the paddock area and catering units will be on site for the big meetings. Due to the nature of work in progress and our friends at `Elephant Safety` spectator area are limited for the time being. The main thing is, racing is taking place as it should. The loyal Donington supporters will understand that it has not been easy. The estimate for the infield to be put right in super quick time was in the region of 2 million pounds....any takers for that? The Redgate Lodge will be rebuilt at a later date, reasonably close to where it was before.
Back on thread, it looks like it has been a good weekend on track so all being well it can only get better from here....

So good to see your pics and so on from the weekend here. Kyalami had it's biggest event in years this weekend with the TOP GEAR Show with the three bandits. Luckily there was no car abuse that I have heard about in the past and there was some really nice display driving from Jody Scheckter and David Coulthard. The two of them having a go at each other in a 312 Ferrari and the Red Bull was fun to watch. And Scheckter has still got his B.... about him. watching him in the Red Bull car was quite something.

Some really nice historic stuff as well. Moss out in a 250GTO, Derek Bell out in a Replica 917, amazing through the first two turns, Coultherd in a GT40, a number of runs by a McLaren M6 GT, Scheckter's Wolf, Tyrells, a Lotus 72 and a number of other cars from the Rupert collection were really great for us "Historic" starved people.

Not a bad show I suppose for their first go at it here. Hope it can go again as the "masses" seemed to catch the drift of what was trying to be shown, which won't be a bad thing for general motorsport here as we do feel rather left out of the main run of sport now. Politically we have been labelled "White Elitists" in the past, and even with the efforts to expand the product base it is very difficult to project a mass appeal.

All those out there please stop and think about your whinges about Donington Park. Wreckage cannot be undone magically, especially with the winter you have just had, and I reckon you are all bloody lucky that the place has been rescued from the depredations of the maniac and his grandiose ideas. Good Luck for the future, and I'm sure that lessons were learnt in double quick time.

#37 Julian Roberts

Julian Roberts

• 736 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 16:14

In April 1978 I bought my first SLR; a Nikkormat FT3 and a Vivitar 135mm lens. I drove to Donington in my Minivan and began a hobby which has kept me entertained (and poor !) ever since. The main event that day was a round of the F3 championship and one of the cars which I shot was Nelson Piquet’s Ralt RT1. I was dead chuffed to shoot this yesterday. :)

Posted Image
Ex Nelson Piquet F3 Ralt RT1 by

Edited by Julian Roberts, 21 March 2011 - 16:40.

#38 elansprint72

elansprint72

• 4,029 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 16:52

These 2 were on the 1st lap. The Lotus 7 knocked the Elan sideways and was shortly collected by another Elan. Race stopped. 2nd Elan driver very very upset.

Posted Image
Lotus 7 hits Lotus Elan by groupc, on Flickr

Posted Image
Elan contretemps by groupc, on Flickr

Groan. :cry:
When folks had to drive the cars to and from the events, they took a bit more care; as Whizzo writes in this month's Octane.

#39 Giraffe

Giraffe

• 7,316 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 16:53

Andrew Storer in his Chevron B38, a late entry in the Classic F3 race in what I seem to recall the commentator David Addison saying is the ex-Derek Daly championship winning car.

Posted Image

Advertisement

#40 alansart

alansart

• 4,420 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 17:10

Groan. :cry:
When folks had to drive the cars to and from the events, they took a bit more care; as Whizzo writes in this month's Octane.

Make sure someone else takes it home :).

Posted Image

#41 Giraffe

Giraffe

• 7,316 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 17:35

First outing for Neil Daws Merlyn Mk6A, a car that originally raced in the US. Neil is repairing his ex-Theodore Racing Lola T330 that he badly damaged at the Gold Cup at Oulton Park last year, whilst currently working in Mexico!

Posted Image

#42 john aston

john aston

• 2,694 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 19:32

So good to see your pics and so on from the weekend here. Kyalami had it's biggest event in years this weekend with the TOP GEAR Show with the three bandits. Luckily there was no car abuse that I have heard about in the past and there was some really nice display driving from Jody Scheckter and David Coulthard. The two of them having a go at each other in a 312 Ferrari and the Red Bull was fun to watch. And Scheckter has still got his B.... about him. watching him in the Red Bull car was quite something.

Some really nice historic stuff as well. Moss out in a 250GTO, Derek Bell out in a Replica 917, amazing through the first two turns, Coultherd in a GT40, a number of runs by a McLaren M6 GT, Scheckter's Wolf, Tyrells, a Lotus 72 and a number of other cars from the Rupert collection were really great for us "Historic" starved people.

Not a bad show I suppose for their first go at it here. Hope it can go again as the "masses" seemed to catch the drift of what was trying to be shown, which won't be a bad thing for general motorsport here as we do feel rather left out of the main run of sport now. Politically we have been labelled "White Elitists" in the past, and even with the efforts to expand the product base it is very difficult to project a mass appeal.

All those out there please stop and think about your whinges about Donington Park. Wreckage cannot be undone magically, especially with the winter you have just had, and I reckon you are all bloody lucky that the place has been rescued from the depredations of the maniac and his grandiose ideas. Good Luck for the future, and I'm sure that lessons were learnt in double quick time.

Guilty of moaning about the appalling state the circuit is in and I stand by that. Not whingeing- I enjoyed my day and doing a 300 mile round trip in a very noisy car is witness to the fact that I am not short of enthusiasm.But if Donington expect to get the public to part with their money to stand in a building site they are going to suffer.Me, I'd watch two cars race around a car park but TNFers apart most people expect ..err.. catering at more than one place, toilets that work, a commentary which is audible and the ability to watch more than 30% of the track. I wish them well -I really do - but when I remember that this is the circuit where I saw one of the last (proper) F2 races, where I saw Senna take the Craner curves at 170 and where I heard the Sauber Mercs thunder from the far side of the circuit- well treed, lovely grassy banks- I could bloody weep.

#43 David Lawson

David Lawson

• 968 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 21:07

Donington Park is doing itself no favours at all by keeping the public in the dark about their programme of improvement works.

I have supported the circuit and collection for many years with numerous visits to all sorts of race meetings and at least a dozen trips to the museum but as the Donington website told me nothing about the current state of the facilities I decided not to risk the trip to last weekends HSCC meeting and judging by the photographs and some of the comments raised in this thread I was very wise not to spend £70 in petrol plus the cost of admission to the circuit.

If they were open about the difficulties and I could actually see some improvements being made then I would be prepared to make some allowances for what is currently extremely poor value for money and an appalling facility.

I will no doubt be shot down in flames for saying this but we could all see that the grand prix arrangement with Gillett was a non-starter so sadly I have to say that Mr Wheatcroft has partly brought this upon himself.

It pains me to say this and I sincereley hope that the circuit survives and is brought back to a reasonable standard as it has always been a special place to me.

David

#44 Giraffe

Giraffe

• 7,316 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 21:31

To be fair to Donington, they have made great strides forward in the twelve months that have elapsed since the 'Save Donington' march, and even over the winter months since the 'Donington Revived' meeting last September. It is however a monumental task if you don't have Dubai construction-like resoures, and therefore it is going to take time.
The facilities are virtually non-existant at present, and the spectators shelling out £55 for a weekend ticket (£49 Sunday only) for next weekend's Superbike meeting are going to feel royally ripped-off for sure. They have less than 6 weeks to get the place in order for Duncan Wiltshire's big historic festival, and they have got their work cut out to get the circuit anything like servicable for those spectators.

Posted Image

Meanwhile, here is my host on Sunday Dick Dixon in his Lotus 61 battling it out with Philip Walker's Crossle 16F

Posted Image

Dick has had his Lotus 61 for 20 years and says he thinks it ran in the Scandic series in period. Apparently it ran for some time with Brabham bodywork and has lost it's chassis plate along the way. Does this jog any FF buff's memory as to identification??? I told Dick I would ask on the forum.

Posted Image

Edited by Giraffe, 21 March 2011 - 21:50.

#45 elansprint72

elansprint72

• 4,029 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 21:56

Well I visited the more remote parts of the circuit last year and can report that the toilets worked and had towels and bog paper; also the PA system was in full operation. The infield was off-limits to J.Public due to the Gillett excavations but one could wander at will around the outside. I was told that the Redgate area was due for a blitz (and reported it here) but was assured that said punters would be able to walk around whatever diggings were in place. Presumably this is not now the case.

Reading between the lines it seems that the situation now is worse than it was at the end of last season. If that is true, it is a shame. It is a good place.

Posted Image

Even when it rains.

#46 Giraffe

Giraffe

• 7,316 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 22:15

It's possibly worse because it's in transition and it's a massive job.

My partner Anne however came prepared for any eventuality on Sunday and enjoyed her view of the racing as I meandered about; her son David was less than impressed with her pragmatic approach............. :blush:

Posted Image

#47 Pink Snail

Pink Snail

• 521 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 23:56

Believe me when I say it has not been easy for Kevin and all the staff at DP these last 12 months. Firstly, when the work was started on the GP extension by SG and his employed workforce, I am led to believe it had not been passed by local planning. This opened a can of worms for Kevin and he has had to conform with how things MUST be done during the reform programme.
Secondly, when the said employed workforce (used by SG) figured they were not going to get paid, they took whatever they could make money on. The metal work holding the Dunlop Bridge went (otherwise it would still be there!!) as did most of the copper wire and other valuable scrap. They even took the wheels from the medical car and the engine from the Jag support vehicle (as I am led to believe) - which was a bad move as they didn`t even belong to SG!!
Yes the infield is a mess, and the toilets may be thin on the ground or not working properly. There may only be limited bar and food facilities at the quieter meetings, but the caterers are on to this. The whole site does need refurb on the facilities front but that will be addressed asap. The main thing is that we have a track to work with (not against) and 14,000 plus members in Save Donington will all show loyalty sooner or later.
Give DP/Kevin and staff a bit of time, be patient and it WILL pay off. This time last year we had NO Track, No Infield, a Tunnel full of water, no future, no calendar and no hope!!!
Now we have 14,000+ followers, full calendar, a future and in time maybe the best facilities that Donington has EVER had. Keep the faith guys.....it will happen......but not overnight. If I won the Euromillions this Friday I couldn`t get things sorted out for Easter....with all the will in the world. I will be at DP for Duncan Wiltshire`s first Historic event and urge as many people as possible to attend to show support for DP........the Group C cars will be awesome (Porsche 962s, Silk Cut Jags, Sauber Mercs), the Group B Rally cars (Audi Quattros, Peugeot T16s, Ford RS200s, Lancia Stratos & Integrales), the 70s & 80s Saloons (BMWs, Rovers, Escorts)...what a weekend that will be - miss it and miss out. Look past the work in progress and enjoy what will be a great event. Rant over guys.....TTFN :up: :up:

#48 Ted Walker

Ted Walker

• 1,432 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 08:51

Very bad news!!!! Two wallets were STOLEN from the back of a race truck in the paddock. The theives rifled through several bags before making off.

#49 Giraffe

Giraffe

• 7,316 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 09:26

Very bad news!!!! Two wallets were STOLEN from the back of a race truck in the paddock. The theives rifled through several bags before making off.

This is not the first time this has happened at the circuit; I myself witnessed two guys trying doors a couple of seasons ago from the pits roof, but they had gone by the time I got there. IIRC there was some discussion on the topic here a couple of years back, and IIRC there was a whole thread dedicated to the issue at Donington on the other forum.
I also recall a competition car being stolen from the pit lane and driven from the circuit some years ago.

On a brighter note, in the year of the 50th anniversary of the E-Type, I think we'll be seeing alot of these. This is Chris Scragg's 1962 3.8 version

Posted Image
By giraffe138 at 2011-03-22

Edited by Giraffe, 22 March 2011 - 09:27.

#50 BRG

BRG

• 25,941 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 11:02

It's possibly worse because it's in transition and it's a massive job.

My partner Anne however came prepared for any eventuality on Sunday and enjoyed her view of the racing as I meandered about; her son David was less than impressed with her pragmatic approach............. :blush:

Posted Image

Blow me, was that your tent? I saw it and wondered who was so hardy as to camp out there!