Approximate cost of a 1994 Indycar?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Richard Jenkins

Richard Jenkins

• 7,213 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 20:36

I get asked all sorts.....

Something I forgot to check with you about, and am having a heck of a time finding, is a guess (I know there is no exact figure) as to the approximate cost of the 1994 Reynard 94i with the Cosworth XB engine, for my revised sign for the LeMay Family Collection Foundation 94i. We like to put a "Price new:" on each vehicle, and I think it would be fun to contrast the approximate cost of the 94i with that of any "production" vehicle. I can find them for sale used now, but can't seem to find even a guess as to what a team in 1994 might have had to spend for something like this. Might you have an educated guess for me?

Anybody know as I've got absolutely no idea......

Thanks in advance again...

Advertisement

#2 T54

T54

• 2,504 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 23:54

I seem to recall that a 1994 Reynard CART car (minus engines as they were not for sale, only for lease) was $375K. The number came from an insurance contract I saw at the LBGP that year. Add to that, the engine lease that was basically $100K per race...
Hey, I have a really nice Lola T93-07 for sale, complete with Ilmor-Chevy engine (not a hollow one, it's got all its bits). I am going to take somewhat of a loss on it... those things depreciate quicker that an Audi A8! :smoking:

#3 Richard Jenkins

Richard Jenkins

• 7,213 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 17:24

Thank you!