Photo

Motus

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Krazylady

Krazylady

• 3 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 19:58

I am trying to contact anyone who owned any of the Motus karts or who raced with Dud Moseley? I would be very interested to hear from anyone who has contacts or who themselves was part of the motus era.

Thank you and hope to hear from you

Advertisement

#2 Tim Murray

Tim Murray

• 24,604 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:45

When this thread was moved out of the Collectables forum it sank without trace here in the main TNF forum, so this is just to bump it back up again. I know Christine (Krazylady) has seen the existing Motus thread because she's posted in it. With luck someone who might have missed it until now might have some additional info. :)

Edited by Tim Murray, 06 April 2011 - 08:46.

#3 DogEarred

DogEarred

• 21,431 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 12:00

I am trying to contact anyone who owned any of the Motus karts or who raced with Dud Moseley? I would be very interested to hear from anyone who has contacts or who themselves was part of the motus era.

Thank you and hope to hear from you

I personally never had any dealings with Dud, but I do recall an incident during a 250cc kart race at Brands Hatch in about 1972/3.

There were 2 or 3 Motus karts in the race and one of them (not Dud) went sideways at the bottom of Paddock bend, slid over the kerbs, took off about 2 feet and flew directly into the wooden sleepers which were only about 10 yards from the track at that time. He slammed completely side on with a mighty thud. He was taken away & I for one feared the worse. It transpired that although knocked unconcious he was happily basically ok.

I think the extra structure around the sides prevented worse injuries that might have been incurred in one of the conventional karts which had no bodywork & were completely open.
I also wonder whether the smoother underside might have contibuted to the launch in the first place.

I probably still have the programme if you want the names.

Edited by DogEarred, 06 April 2011 - 19:28.