Looking for a new 'home' for my collection

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Igor_E

Igor_E

• 70 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 17:23

Hi folks,

You've seen some of my posts in the past. As you might know, some time ago, I decided to assemble collection of autographed photos of every single driver who ever drove Ferrari car at the Grand Prix race. Presently, my collection is almost complete, with exception of only four drivers, Raymond Sommer, Piero Carini, Alfonso de Portago and Peter Whitehead, as well as some privateers from 50s.

My collection includes many rare and unique items: photos autographed by Nino Farina, Alberto Ascari, Eugenio Castellotti, Luigi Musso, Lorenzo Bandini, Ludovico Scarfiotti, and many others. I bought many items from auctions or reputable sellers with good provenance.

I also was able to contact and obtain autographed photos from almost every one of living Ferrari drivers: from Froilan Gonzalez, Andre Simon, Robert Manzon to Michael Schumacher, Felipe Massa and Fernando Alonso. I created many one “of a kind”, multi-singed photos. Most of my photos are majestic 8 x 12 inch or 8 x 10 inch, very high quality.

I was also able to contact many people from the management and design team: I have photos signed by Luca di Montezemolo, Mauro Forghieri, Jean Todt, John Barnard, Rory Byrne and many, many others. This is my tribute to the spirit, passion and dedication of Scuderia Ferrari. All in all, I have over 500 autographed photos in my Ferrari collection

My entire collection is available online:
https://picasaweb.go...CIuOzKD4j7GQdQ#

Some notable items:
https://picasaweb.go...OPJkfL954rVqwE# and
https://picasaweb.go...P-g7d270OHWoAE#

Recently, I decided to stop collecting and let my collection go. Reasons… a little bit ran out of steam, was not able to add anything new, priorities changed …in any case, I’m looking for a new home for my collection. Take a look and if anyone is interested... let me know. we can discuss all the details. By the way, I live in Toronto, Canada.

I also have many other autographed photos, some absolutely unique: https://picasaweb.go...com/Igor.Entin2

Igor Entin
igor.entin2@gmail.com

Edited by Igor_E, 04 April 2011 - 17:23.

Advertisement

#2 David McKinney

David McKinney

• 14,156 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 18:14

Fantastic collection, Igor. Your single-mindedness is to be applauded :clap:

#3 kayemod

kayemod

• 9,588 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 18:23

I created many one “of a kind”, multi-singed photos. Most of my photos are majestic 8 x 12 inch or 8 x 10 inch, very high quality.

igor.entin2@gmail.com

That's a very impressive achievement Igor, I'm sure you'll miss them when they're gone, so don't be too hasty.

Were he still with us, I think Peter Sellers might have been interested in at least one item though...

#4 Bauble

Bauble

• 1,040 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 19:04

I have a signed A4 picture of Ross Brawn outside the Ferrari motorhome, if you really wanted it.

As a bonus you also get myself in the picture and I would be willing to append my autograph if required.

Bauble

Edited by Bauble, 04 April 2011 - 19:04.

#5 Sharman

Sharman

• 5,284 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 21:05

Loois Rosier?

#6 biercemountain

biercemountain

• 1,014 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 12:31

Make sure you hang on to a couple of the best items, just for "old times sake".

#7 Louis Mr. F1

Louis Mr. F1

• 3,495 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 01:31

Igor, i've seen some of your signed photos before, I particularly remember the one from 1988 Monaco where Prost was chasing Berger.

I always wanted to tell the collector (you) that you may also get a 3rd driver's signature on that photo - Damon Hill - most peoople wouldn't notice, but Damon was also in this photo, he's the guy in green t-shirt behind the barrier.

Great collections by the way!

#8 brucemoxon

brucemoxon

• 1,011 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 09:44

That's an astonishing collection, Igor.

'From my cold, dead hands...' There is stuff there I really covet. A lot!

Bruce Moxon

#9 Igor_E

Igor_E

• 70 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 18:42

Igor, i've seen some of your signed photos before, I particularly remember the one from 1988 Monaco where Prost was chasing Berger.

I always wanted to tell the collector (you) that you may also get a 3rd driver's signature on that photo - Damon Hill - most peoople wouldn't notice, but Damon was also in this photo, he's the guy in green t-shirt behind the barrier.

Great collections by the way!

I know the one oyu are talking about... LOL Damon Hill. but it looks like it's easier to have an appointment with the queen, than get hold of Damon by mail. I tried, but he is firmly shielded by his PA and she is very stern one. That's OK, not a big deal. :D

#10 Igor_E

Igor_E

• 70 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 18:44

That's an astonishing collection, Igor.

'From my cold, dead hands...' There is stuff there I really covet. A lot!

Bruce Moxon

Thanks Bruce, muhc appreciated. Let me know, if you are interested in any item.

Regards
Igor

#11 Igor_E

Igor_E

• 70 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 18:46

Loois Rosier?

well, that the one I've never been able to find... what can you do...

Regards
Igor