Joan Richmond

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Clark Watson

Clark Watson

• 123 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 09:05

Hi all,
Just a quick note to anounce a new Book concerning Joan Richmond " From Melbourne to Monte Carlo & Beyond" As told by David Price.
John Reaburn is distributing the book and the following website has his contact details. Should be a cracker of a read!
Details on the book can be found here.
http://vfr.net.au/nostalgia

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Cheers
Clark Watson
Vintage Fibre Restorations
www.vfr.net.au

Advertisement

#2 john medley

john medley

• 1,442 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 22:51

I looked at the manuscript some time ago. I am pleased to see this book hit paper. John Reaburn's contact details?

By the way, those seeking info on "George Eyston's Dancing Daughters" need to look at above pic.

Nice one , Clark!

#3 275 GTB-4

275 GTB-4

• 8,274 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 06:17

A fascinating and highly competent Lady was "our Joan"...

http://www.mister-ca...hy-Review/1924/

#4 The Chasm

The Chasm

• 185 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 11:03

There is an (almost) annual award by the MG Car Clubs of Australia to the best performance by a woman in sporting events at the MG National Meetings - "The Joan Richmond Trophy".

Certainly, quite an inspirational person - must get that book one day !.

#5 275 GTB-4

275 GTB-4

• 8,274 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 10:27

There is an (almost) annual award by the MG Car Clubs of Australia to the best performance by a woman in sporting events at the MG National Meetings - "The Joan Richmond Trophy".

Certainly, quite an inspirational person - must get that book one day !.

I think we need to check our Joan's? It would appear that a Tasmanian Joan donated the trophy...

Quote (abridged) I didn’t know about the Joan Richmond in the link you sent. Sounds like a wonderful lady. However, she was not the Joan Richmond of MG NatMeet trophy fame. MG Joan was a friend of mine when I lived in Melbourne in the early 70s. We mixed in the same circles. As I recall it, Joan donated the perpetual trophy early in NatMeet history. Joan died a few years after I returned to Tas to live.