Photo

Motorfilms.tv on YouTube

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Doug Nye

Doug Nye

• 11,524 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 14:00

Might I commend you all to YouTube, where by requesting 'motorfilms.tv' you can view samples of what David Weguelin has spent much of his life finding, restoring, re-editing and preserving. These are just tasters for the full video footage available.

Happy browsing...

DCN

Edited by Doug Nye, 13 April 2011 - 14:10.

Advertisement

#2 alansart

alansart

• 4,419 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 14:29

Thanks for the info Doug. That'll keep me busy for a while :)

#3 chdphd

chdphd

• 2,763 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 14:30

http://www.youtube.c...er/MotorFilmsTV :)

#4 David Birchall

David Birchall

• 3,291 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 00:34

Very nice little "Tasters".
I grew up about a mile from you Doug but I am sure I never had that accent!

#5 RTH

RTH

• 6,064 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 06:33

Doug and David Weguelin do a magnificent job with this project, now for many years. When you subscribe to Motor Films ,every 3 months you receive a 90 min DVD by post which has typically 6 or more motor racing films much of it either recently discovered lost footage , or newly restored films. All forms of motorsport are covered.
As with anything like this it relies on long term subscribers to produce demand for copies to finance the costs and the enormous amounts of time I know it takes to produce a finished set of films with introduction, explanation and commentary on films typically 30 -80 years old or more.

If you like watching old motor sport and trade films from bygone eras, this is the very best available I think and becoming a subscriber will help secure it for the future. Subscribing for 4 issues brings a discount making them post free.
25 previous DVDs have been produced all of which back numbers are still I believe available, all of which are fascinating to watch.
Great that someone as expert with old film as David is still sorting through cans of film unseen for many decades , restoring editing and compiling and making it available to all of us. Highly recommended, support it if you can.

motorfilms

Edited by RTH, 14 April 2011 - 06:59.

#6 Doug Nye

Doug Nye

• 11,524 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 06:40

Thank you Richard - very generous. David - 'ampshire border people don' 'ave ark-sents, we speak perfick - it's the rest o' the world 'ave ark-sents. At least, that's more or less what my dear old Dad told me... :smoking:

DCN

Edited by Doug Nye, 14 April 2011 - 06:42.