Photo

Pete Casey

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 shed16

shed16

• 1 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 18:52

Good evening all. I am hoping you can help me. Pete Casey is retiring from work soon and I am trying to put together some old photos of him. I would be grateful if you could help me.

Advertisement

#2 Paul Collins

Paul Collins

• 978 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 22:36

Good evening all. I am hoping you can help me. Pete Casey is retiring from work soon and I am trying to put together some old photos of him. I would be grateful if you could help me.

I'm surprised no one has responded to your request, I remember Pete from the 70's and i'm sure there will be some pics around out there somewhere, I just did a google search but the only pic which came up was a recent one of him standing with a classic Honda, looks like he's still doing a bit of classic racing.

I also checked out the TT database and it shows he did the Manx Grand Prix in 1970 and the TT in 1975 so possibly 'Billbomann' may be able to unearth sonething in his TT archives, i'll drop him an email for you.

#3 Ray Oldam

Ray Oldam

• 168 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 23:07

Shed16,

Hi. Like Paul I am surprised no-one responded on this one. I had a look through my old stuff and couldn't find any photos of Pete but remember him racing. I think it was Pete who had a huge off at Paddock Bend at one of the Brands Transatlantic meetings back in the early 70's if I remember correctly? I was watching in the competitors stand and remember the fuel tank flying past high in the air!!

I think Pete used to race at North Gloucester so you could try Phil Masters' web site - Phil used to take photos at NGMCC meetings and has an archive going back to the 1971 or so, and was very helpful finding some photos for me a while back. I think Pete's TZ was a yellow/green colour with black 'Yamaha USA' type design on the fairing - we're talking about a long time ago now so that's about all I can remember! One other person you could try would be Russell Gardner at NG Racing (formerly North Gloucester MCRC) - you can find his details on the NG racing web site, and he may be able to help too.

Good luck and let us know if you turn up any photos.

All the best.

Ray :wave:

Edited by Ray Oldam, 08 May 2011 - 23:08.

#4 picblanc

picblanc

• 12,531 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 08:15

I have sent him one just after he first posted (not heard from him since though?) I cant post photos on the forum @ the moment, have they changed the way to do it recently? :confused:

#5 Ray Oldam

Ray Oldam

• 168 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 16:45

Graham,

Hope you are well. I was forgetting you as the obvious person to contact! My apologies - looks like you were on the case already though! I didn't have any problems posting photos from photobucket a few weeks back - I'm not aware of any changes. I have an old NGMCC 25th anniversary progamme somewhere but haven't managed to find it yet - I get a feeling there may be a pic of Pete Casey in there somewhere. If I find it I will put a post on.

All the best.

Ray :wave:

#6 picblanc

picblanc

• 12,531 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 18:44

Hi Ray, no worries mate, I shall have another go @ posting a pic, might have to call on the Wife to help though, she has already shown me once so thats going to go down well asking her again!! :rolleyes:

#7 picblanc

picblanc

• 12,531 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 18:50

Nope when pasting link into picture icon on the forum it just breaks? :|

#8 knickerbrook

knickerbrook

• 1,231 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 12:20

Nope when pasting link into picture icon on the forum it just breaks? :|

Posted Image
(Photo copyright: Graham Etheridge)

This what you want Gray?
I posted it with Image Shack - seems to be working for me :smoking: !

Edited by knickerbrook, 10 May 2011 - 12:36.

#9 picblanc

picblanc

• 12,531 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 16:43

Thats the one Barry, I use Photobucket & cant post with that, getting a might frustrated now!! :evil: .... :drunk:

#10 picblanc

picblanc

• 12,531 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 16:50

That's with photobucket

Posted Image

Confused & more frustrated now Renn.... :lol:

#11 picblanc

picblanc

• 12,531 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 18:23

Posted Image

#12 picblanc

picblanc

• 12,531 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 18:23

And I have one too!! :rotfl: :rotfl:

#13 picblanc

picblanc

• 12,531 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 18:25

So it appears I have to now use the Direct link box/code!! hopefully sorted, thanks Renn. :wave:

#14 Paul Collins

Paul Collins

• 978 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 19:15

I did get hold of Bill Snelling about this and he said he was going to email the original poster with some images from the TT & MGP so hopefully he now has them, it just seem the chap hasnt been back on here, he may have forgotten where the site is.

Edited by Paul Collins, 10 May 2011 - 19:16.