Photo

Devin at Detweiller?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jiga

jiga

• 9 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 18:05

While far from the most nostalgic of era's (1970's), important venues/events (Detweiller Hill Climb, Peoria IL) or significant cars (Devin), I'm hoping someone might have a photograph/entry list/recollection of a particular Devin running here, likely sometime in the mid-to-late 1970's.

The car in question is an early (pre C, D) body Devin built on a '50's VW chassis. Porsche-powered early on when autocrossed by its original owner/builder (Tim Squires) around Champaign and at Danville, IL airport in the late '50's-early '60's.

If it ran at Detweiller in the 1970's (as rumored), it might have had a VW or Corvair motor at the time. Owned/driven then by Bill, Ray or Jim McMillan (Peoria IL).

Silver color, Le Mans style fuel filler. Best I can do for pictures are from period that would have been before and after it would have been at Detweiller.

Here's a picture (from original owner) of how it looked in the late the late '50's, early '60's.

Posted Image

And here's a picture of how it sat for a long time post Detweiller

Posted Image

Greatly appreciate any information.

Thanks,
Jim

Advertisement

#2 jiga

jiga

• 9 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 22:23

While far from the most nostalgic of era's (1970's), important venues/events (Detweiller Hill Climb, Peoria IL) or significant cars (Devin), I'm hoping someone might have a photograph/entry list/recollection of a particular Devin running here, likely sometime in the mid-to-late 1970's.

The car in question is an early (pre C, D) body Devin built on a '50's VW chassis. Porsche-powered early on when autocrossed by its original owner/builder (Tim Squires) around Champaign and at Danville, IL airport in the late '50's-early '60's.

If it ran at Detweiller in the 1970's (as rumored), it might have had a VW or Corvair motor at the time. Owned/driven then by Bill, Ray or Jim McMillan (Peoria IL).

Silver color, Le Mans style fuel filler. Best I can do for pictures are from period that would have been before and after it would have been at Detweiller.

Here's a picture (from original owner) of how it looked in the late the late '50's, early '60's.

Posted Image

And here's a picture of how it sat for a long time post Detweiller

Posted Image

Greatly appreciate any information.

Thanks,
Jim

Trying again. Thanks for any help.

Jim