Photo

Martin Jubb (King Cog)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 berkeleybill

berkeleybill

• 36 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 16:03

Hi, I've just heard unofficially that Martin Jubb passed away this year In early April ? Can anyone on this forum confirm this ? If so does anyone know If his 'Halda' spares and re-build business as been taken over / continuing ? Bill.

Advertisement

#2 retrospeed

retrospeed

• 94 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 16:14

Hi, I've just heard unofficially that Martin Jubb passed away this year In early April ? Can anyone on this forum confirm this ? If so does anyone know If his 'Halda' spares and re-build business as been taken over / continuing ? Bill.

Will try to find out. Peter Baker

#3 berkeleybill

berkeleybill

• 36 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 23:09

Thanking you ! Bill.

#4 RCH

RCH

• 1,140 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 23:16

There is an obituary in the current issue of "Old Stager". He died on 27 March inthe USA.

#5 berkeleybill

berkeleybill

• 36 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 20:18

Yes, having 'googled' his name lots of obituarys came up ! Sad though as It seems someone Is passing over every week on these boards just lately ! Bill.

#6 AbingdonST

AbingdonST

• 72 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 07:01

Very sad to hear this news, I was the Editor of 'Old Stager' magazine in the very early days of the HRCR (before domestic issues curtailed my journalistic aspirations) and worked with Martin to promote the clubs activities. I also remember vividly exiting a corner on the Eppynt ranges to see the Triumph 2.5 World Cup car that he loved with a passion buried nose first up the hillside and its back broken (very sad). My sincere condolences to any of his family or friends who view this forum.
Ade