Red Bull breaching staff number limits - Schumacher

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Jomyboy

Jomyboy

• 179 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 06:12

source: http://www.inautonew...mits-schumacher

Wake up Mercedes, its not only RedBull but I guess Mclaren as well who are breaching the staff numbers. Is there anyway where they can positively identify the amount of staff each team has? I mean one could outsource some work to outside companies. So you are not exactly hiring staff just outsourcing the work to others.

Advertisement

#2 jonnoj

jonnoj

• 1,114 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 06:26

Shouldn't Brawn be the one complaining, if there's any truth in the allegation?

#3 motorhead

motorhead

• 1,566 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 06:27

I wonder why MS started this, he is usually the man of questionable moves not whining.

#4 korzeniow

korzeniow

• 5,671 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 06:32

The irony. Mercedes didn't respect rules about not developing engines and now it's other way around :rotfl:

#5 BigCHrome

BigCHrome

• 4,049 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 06:33

Why would McLaren be breaching the staff numbers?

#6 jonnoj

jonnoj

• 1,114 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 07:16

Why would McLaren be breaching the staff numbers?

Given their history with the FIA, they'd be the most unlikely to break the rulz. Course, now they're running 2 race teams, keeping track of who's doing what is going to prove difficult for any visitors.

#7 Youichi

Youichi

• 3,429 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 07:18

source: http://www.inautonew...mits-schumacher

Wake up Mercedes, its not only RedBull but I guess Mclaren as well who are breaching the staff numbers. Is there anyway where they can positively identify the amount of staff each team has? I mean one could outsource some work to outside companies. So you are not exactly hiring staff just outsourcing the work to others.

Did you actually read Michaels comments ?

All he actually said was that RedBull had more staff than Merc, which is true, but not against the RRA. It's not the other teams fault that Brawn went from 700 odd, to 250ish in 2009.

Does MS think every other team should sack 200+ staff ?

#8 NateF

NateF

• 4,061 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 07:23

I'm suspicious about HRT about the number of their staff, I mean they got both cars on the grid that is just odd

#9 Jomyboy

Jomyboy

• 179 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 08:00

Did you actually read Michaels comments ?

All he actually said was that RedBull had more staff than Merc, which is true, but not against the RRA. It's not the other teams fault that Brawn went from 700 odd, to 250ish in 2009.

Does MS think every other team should sack 200+ staff ?

“There was an agreement that everyone would have the same size, but certain teams don’t respect that,” the seven time world champion is quoted as saying by the Daily Express.
“Now there seem to be different visions,” added Schumacher. “Will Mercedes have to go to an open field again or will the teams respect what they agreed?
“We are not on the same playing field,” the German added. “If you take the number of people we have compared with Red Bull, that is very different.”

I think its pretty clear from what he is saying that people are not playing within the rules. Does anybody know what the exact figure is for the amount of staff a team can have?

#10 BRK

BRK

• 5,197 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 08:06

He's probably responding to a question, it's not like he called a press conference to reveal his findings or opinions on the RRA, not sure why people think he's whining. :rolleyes:

MGP streamlined earlier than the others and still seem to be understaffed and short on resources despite Mercedes' involvement - they've been saying this for quite some time now so it's nothing new. What we didn't know is which teams were still not under the RRA, I think I now have a fair idea.

#11 BRG

BRG

• 25,977 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 10:57

Schumacher's attention to detail is legendary. He has clearly visited each team's HQ and has personally counted their staff. Otherwise, how could he know?

#12 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 11:01

Schumacher's attention to detail is legendary. He has clearly visited each team's HQ and has personally counted their staff. Otherwise, how could he know?

you know companies are requited to be accountable to goverments right? most of the information about companies is in the public domain

#13 BRG

BRG

• 25,977 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 11:17

you know companies are requited to be accountable to goverments right? most of the information about companies is in the public domain

Ah, so you are saying that Michael has been in touch with Companies House to get the data? Is there no limit to his ingenuity?

#14 EdwardCullen

EdwardCullen

• 763 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 11:49

Ah, so you are saying that Michael has been in touch with Companies House to get the data? Is there no limit to his ingenuity?

Great let the MS bashing begin!
Soon we will be at 1994, 1997 and lapdog teammates :rotfl:

#15 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 12:02

is there a limit to your trolling?

#16 Clatter

Clatter

• 44,841 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 12:11

Well I'm sure it wouldn't take much for the company lawyer to check this sort of thing out and then brief the team.

#17 BRG

BRG

• 25,977 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 12:27

Well I'm sure it wouldn't take much for the company lawyer to check this sort of thing out and then brief the team.

Then why isn't it the team principal that is protesting formally, with the necessary evidence? I think Schumacher is just running off at the mouth and is not in possession of any actual facts.

#18 arknor

arknor

• 2,298 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 12:31

Then why isn't it the team principal that is protesting formally, with the necessary evidence? I think Schumacher is just running off at the mouth and is not in possession of any actual facts.

maybe because pretty much everyone of the big teams is doing it? brawn gp were stupid for cutting back the numbers by an extreme margin it was obvious RB, ferrari , mclaren etc were never going to suddenly sack hundreds of people over night

#19 Clatter

Clatter

• 44,841 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 12:33

Maybe they have. I think he has just answered a question posed by a journo and the headline is written to sensationlise, but that gives ammo for some to run their mouths off and whinge without thinking.

Advertisement

#20 Risil

Risil
  • Administrator

• 62,206 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 15:54

maybe because pretty much everyone of the big teams is doing it? brawn gp were stupid for cutting back the numbers by an extreme margin it was obvious RB, ferrari , mclaren etc were never going to suddenly sack hundreds of people over night

I think at the time Brawn GP were responding to more pressing concerns than a gentleman's agreement among the times. Like, whether they'd still be solvent at the end of 2009.

#21 ChrisF1MyLife

ChrisF1MyLife

• 239 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 20:52

No no no no no,

He has heard that Newey is tired of the complaints about the front wing so Michael is just offering something new to the table to complain about how awesome RBR are.

Either that or he is trying to get the press to chase that story intead of asking him about his current performance and future plans.

I'm amazed they still let RBR race, I mean, they have a bendy wing, spent too much last year and now have too many staff yaaaaaaawn.

Wouldn't read too much in to it.

#22 pingu666

pingu666

• 9,272 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 00:40

i remmber when brawn as it was then downsized, and said the other teams would haveto aswell due too RRA, but i dont know if they really did or not. (the other teams)

also remmber merc bought the team thinking it would be "cheap", which i think was spectaculary nieve xD

#23 Owen

Owen

• 13,183 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 11:38

F1Times
Hearing rumours that there is growing tension in FOTA between a handful of teams and Red Bull - to do with exceeding the RRA.

Twitter

#24 timmy bolt

timmy bolt

• 1,572 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 15:12

F1Times
Hearing rumours that there is growing tension in FOTA between a handful of teams and Red Bull - to do with exceeding the RRA.

Twitter

It just got interesting...

#25 SCUDmissile

SCUDmissile

• 8,917 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 15:13

i heard it was Stefano Domenicali that brought it up, and that Mclaren boss Martin Whitmarsh is saying nothing on the matter at the moment, because i think he is FOTA president and has to keep relatively neutral.

#26 Bloggsworth

Bloggsworth

• 9,403 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 15:15

Non of the resources of the Ferrari factory or FIAT empire ever lend a hand.............

#27 timmy bolt

timmy bolt

• 1,572 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 15:15

I expect it will be between the bigger teams and Red Bull as they have the most to lose if a team doesn't follow the agreement.

Edited by timmy bolt, 01 June 2011 - 15:16.

#28 freya

freya

• 1,585 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 15:16

Why is everything redbull does so cheeky?

#29 timmy bolt

timmy bolt

• 1,572 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 15:17

Non of the resources of the Ferrari factory or FIAT empire ever lend a hand.............

If it was as simple as that then that is what Red Bull will reply with. There must be more to it if these rumours turn out to have any substance.

#30 STRFerrari4Ever

STRFerrari4Ever

• 12,528 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 17:36

Moan, moan, moan.

#31 R2D2

R2D2

• 780 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 20:16

The only extra personnel Red Bull have got are the groups of 'dancers' they hire to stand 'butchly' in front of their rear wing on the grid.