Photo

That man again: another bodywork identity, please

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Dkipling1

Dkipling1

• 39 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 14:49

:well: I wish I could give as much help as I receive on this forum, but --- please have a look at the five vents/louvres on this bonnet side panel, and suggest possible donor cars. Once again, it's a British stock car in the mid sixties wearing a mishmash of parts:
Whole car: http://www.oldstox.c...ges/Scott 1.jpg
Bonnet detail enlarged: http://www.oldstox.c...onnet sides.jpg
The depth and quality of discussion and research on this forum is one of the treasures of the internet, no kidding. :well:

Advertisement

#2 Duc-Man

Duc-Man

• 1,394 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 15:51

Packard twelve Dietrich sport coupe?

#3 Dkipling1

Dkipling1

• 39 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 02:07

[quote name='Duc-Man' date='May 8 2011, 16:51' post='5009191']
Packard twelve Dietrich sport coupe?
[/quote]

Thanks -- could be, though the Dietrich appears to have six vents vs the stock car's five. Nonetheles, V-12 'unbodied' Packard chassis did crop up in early (1954-59) British stock car racing --- the side-valve V-12 being a reliable 'puller' --- so the bodywork may well have been distributed. Big 1930's Packards sat unwanted in salvage yards, repair shops, and garages during WW2 and postwar economy Britain.

Does anyone have other suggestions?

#4 Duc-Man

Duc-Man

• 1,394 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 08:10

From another picture I would say the car had 5 vents in the bonnet and one in the side between bonnet and door. Maybe it depends also on the year it was made.
And it is just a piece of the original part on that racecar anyway.

Edited by Duc-Man, 09 May 2011 - 08:14.

#5 Dkipling1

Dkipling1

• 39 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 17:02

From another picture I would say the car had 5 vents in the bonnet and one in the side between bonnet and door. Maybe it depends also on the year it was made.
And it is just a piece of the original part on that racecar anyway.

Thanks --- I could not find a clear view of the bonnet in the numerous Packard photos on the Net --- I am content that this is the answer. Much appreciated. (BTW, I think recall some modest British saloons that had just two or three vents on the bonnet sides.)