Photo

Good seats in Monteal

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Larry Connell

Larry Connell

• 18 posts

Posted 21 January 2001 - 08:01

Am in the process getting tickets for the Canadian GP. Never been there, any thoughts on the best seating? Comments on Montreal in general appreciated.

Advertisement

#2 JayWay

JayWay

• 11,618 posts

Posted 21 January 2001 - 09:14

Your a little late

#3 Jackdaw

Jackdaw

• 3,529 posts

Posted 21 January 2001 - 09:55

What do you mean, JayWay? I bought my Montreal GP ticket in March last year.

Larry, my seat was near the hairpin and was not bad at all.

#4 JayWay

JayWay

• 11,618 posts

Posted 21 January 2001 - 10:23

I called in October and they were selling out quick.

#5 Nathan

Nathan

• 6,921 posts

Posted 21 January 2001 - 11:10

They have already contacted all of last years "prime" seated ticket holeders asking if they wanted the same seats this year...in fact I think that was 2 months ago already. I highly doubt any reall good seats are left.

But to answer your question...it appears to me the best spots are at the first corner, and the last hairpin before the long back straight. That seems the best area. Try and get a seat in front of the giant TV and you will have it made.

#6 130R

130R

• 3,509 posts

Posted 21 January 2001 - 16:55

I Pick my tickets up a few days before the race for 12 years.

Section 15 is good, as is the first 'S' particularly section 11.

#7 Paste

Paste

• 5,766 posts

Posted 21 January 2001 - 17:47

I called in March last year and was fine getting tickets. People seem to overestimate the rate at which tickets sell. I got 3 seats side by side by side for 3 days with no hassle.

#8 bigblue

bigblue

• 1,300 posts

Posted 21 January 2001 - 20:42

i would recommend GS 11 , sec 1,2,3 or GS 12 Sec 5,6 if you can still get them. give a call you might be surprised.

#9 LUCKYSTRIKE

LUCKYSTRIKE

• 149 posts

Posted 22 January 2001 - 08:06

This link should show you all of the sections that still have tickets avaible for the Canadian GP it's the official order form http://www.grandprix.ca/bdc_eng.html

http://www.grandprix.ca/ this is the official website[p][Edited by LUCKYSTRIKE on 01-22-2001]

#10 mueller

mueller

• 18 posts

Posted 27 January 2001 - 16:30

Don't trust the ticket order form as listed in http://www.grandprix.ca/bdc_eng.html.

I phoned the ticket agent at the posted telephone number (Canada 514-350-0000) last year in March and bought 2 great seats in the Silver 24 grandstand even though the ticket form said they were sold out there.

My suggestion is to do the obvious - phone them directly and put in your request.

I love grandstands 11, 12, 15 and 24.
The section numbers are counted (while sitting in seat) as 1 on your extreme right and the next sections moving to your left. For example, Grandstand 24, section 1 is closest to the hairpin corner compared to section 5.
Also, rows are labeled with 'Z' as the top row, 'A' as being somewhere in the lower half, then 'AA', 'BB' and something like 'GG' as being the very front row.

#11 jmadison

jmadison

• 1 posts

Posted 02 February 2001 - 02:58

If you like to walk, Silver 11.

If you don't like to walk, Silver 24, 15.

The Gold seats are not that great. Except for the start (and pits), you only see the cars momentarily as they fly by.

James

#12 Wheels

Wheels

• 242 posts

Posted 02 February 2001 - 23:48

Bigblue's right on, but the hairpin is good too. Last year I swapped seats for Sat. which was great. We got to see the
hairpin and the Senna curve on Sun.

Call they are very helpful.

#13 kevinbush

kevinbush

• 34 posts

Posted 10 February 2001 - 01:29

How is Grandstand 11, Section 7, Row G? Is there a good TV right there?

I was in the Gold section last year, but wanted to get a better view of the cars.

Thanks!

-Kevin

#14 Wheels

Wheels

• 242 posts

Posted 10 February 2001 - 21:05

Kevin,

Gs 11 has a big screen TV right in front of Sec 7. There are also some tall trees that partially block your view of the track. The best seats in GS 11 are Sec. 1,2,3 rows "R" through"Z".

#15 kevinbush

kevinbush

• 34 posts

Posted 10 February 2001 - 23:29

Wheels.....thanks.

Ok....couple of questions?

1) How much of the tracked is blocked by the trees?

2) What part of the track is blocked?

3) How is GS 11 laid out? What section is closest to GS 12 and what section is farthest?

4) How are the rows laid out? Where is row G?

I'm assuming you can see the cars come into and through the Senna Corner no problem from these seats right?

Thanks for any help.

-Kevin[p][Edited by kevinbush on 02-14-2001]

#16 Wheels

Wheels

• 242 posts

Posted 14 February 2001 - 00:40

Kevin,
Last yr. sat in GS 11, sec. 5, row Z(top) and I found the giant TV interfered with the cars entering the Senna turns.
The higher the section # the more your view is blocked by the TV & trees(30-40ft tall). The yr. before we sat in sec 4 and the view was still pertially blocked by the TV, but not the trees. GS 11 sec. 1 is closest to GS 12 & I would try to get as close to sec. 1 as possible.

Mabey Myron Muller can give you another perspective since he sat in my seats last year on Sat.

Good luck! See y'all at Siggys.

#17 mueller

mueller

• 18 posts

Posted 14 February 2001 - 04:40

Although I had Wheels' seats on Saturday, we did not sit in them. Since the stands are not full on Saturday, we moved to a lower section # to get a slightly better view.
'nough said.

I understand that one has to purchase their tickets very early to get the best views. For those of us who are a bit tardy, we have to live with the odd obstacle (trees) blocking part of the view.

#18 mueller

mueller

• 18 posts

Posted 14 February 2001 - 04:52

Kevin, to be more specific to your questions:

The trees may block you view of the grid straight, pit exit and the lead into the first corner. If you look at the picture at http://www.grandprix.ca , grandstand 11 is in the lower left of the picture. Section 5 is getting close to the blue pedestrian bridge over the racetrack. Imagine sitting in that area and looking into the first corner. There are trees that block part of the view.

Of course, this only holds true for Sunday. There is enough free space on Friday and Saturday for you to slide into a different section for a better view.

Row G is about the middle of the grandstand. 'Z' is the top row with 'A' near the bottom. 'GG' is very close to being the first row.

#19 kevinbush

kevinbush

• 34 posts

Posted 14 February 2001 - 13:59

Wheels / mueller,

Thanks for the replies!

I look forward to this years GP.....it's a great time.

See you all there!

-Kevin

Advertisement

#20 bugeye

bugeye

• 3,184 posts

Posted 28 February 2001 - 16:16

My friend and I sat at 33 last year an thoroughly enjoyed it, good curb hopping action and several spinnoffs, a couple by Eddie were espescially entertaining. Same seat this year, can't wait, see everyone at Ziggy's.

Dave