Photo

Marlboro Motors

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 fan27

fan27

• 61 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 17:13

I was paging through some Autosports from '93/'94 and noticed that Kelvin Burt and Jan Magnussen were sponsored by Marlboro' Motors during their championship winning campaigns.

I've searched on Google but can't find any reference to the company. Does anyone here know anything about the company?

Advertisement

#2 Bauble

Bauble

• 1,040 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 18:00

I was paging through some Autosports from '93/'94 and noticed that Kelvin Burt and Jan Magnussen were sponsored by Marlboro' Motors during their championship winning campaigns.

I've searched on Google but can't find any reference to the company. Does anyone here know anything about the company?

Marlboro Motors was a Vauxhall dealer based in St. Albans, and the owners a married couple did sponsor several drivers at the time. The man's first name was Jack, but I cannot recall his surname immediately. I will see if I can dredge up any other details.

#3 fan27

fan27

• 61 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 14:05

Marlboro Motors was a Vauxhall dealer based in St. Albans, and the owners a married couple did sponsor several drivers at the time. The man's first name was Jack, but I cannot recall his surname immediately. I will see if I can dredge up any other details.

Thanks Bauble. A quick google search with the extra info which you provided shows that it's still running. Does anyone know if the same people still own it?

#4 Gatmo

Gatmo

• 270 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 17:43

Thanks Bauble. A quick google search with the extra info which you provided shows that it's still running. Does anyone know if the same people still own it?

Jack Newland was the Marlboro Motors man. They had their own team in FVJ, i think one of the drivers was Mexican Tavo Hellmund who is the man behind the new US GP track in Austin, Texas.