Photo

A cautionary tale...

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 RobertE

RobertE

• 292 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 10:51

As I know many of you are rather keen on scale models and so forth, I must advise extreme caution with a certain gentleman at present operating (and that definitely is the word) from premises in the West of Cornwall. I will not name him in public, for obvious reasons, but he has a trick of taking the money and failing - consistently - to deliver the goods. I and many others have been 'caught' by him and my inbox sees another victim popping up every week.

He is at present under investigation by several public bodies, but that does not seem to stop him.

Mind your eye...

I'm happy to furnish details by PM but not, of course, on a public forum.

Advertisement

#2 Mal9444

Mal9444

• 1,292 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 03:22

As I know many of you are rather keen on scale models and so forth, I must advise extreme caution with a certain gentleman at present operating (and that definitely is the word) from premises in the West of Cornwall. I will not name him in public, for obvious reasons, but he has a trick of taking the money and failing - consistently - to deliver the goods. I and many others have been 'caught' by him and my inbox sees another victim popping up every week.

He is at present under investigation by several public bodies, but that does not seem to stop him.

Mind your eye...

I'm happy to furnish details by PM but not, of course, on a public forum.

Thanks for the warning.

Is/ was he selling (or not, as the case may be) on eBay? Presumably, if so, he has by now been banned by them.